Not on the Equinox

sandypail

Quote:

Originally Posted by Airbalancer viewpost.gif

I had singles the end of May, I guess I was lucky where was only a couple of spots on my leg

My hip hurt like crazy and could not sleep, that is what made me go to emerg

Got some pills all better in a week

In Ontario , the shot is about $125 , get it at the doctors office

I will know the true cost in a weeks time when I get it

I will send the bill into my benefit plan and see if they cover it

But it cost me $125 just to have a stealship (car dealship) look at the car, so spending that kind of money on me is OK :D

What is a stealship? (car dealship):D Also, what do you receive for the $125.00? Shingle vaccine

I am confused. Did you mean that you paid $125.00, for a car dealership look at your car? Or did you mean that you received the vaccine at a car dealership?

I am confused. Did you mean that you paid $125.00, for a car dealership look at your car? Or did you mean that you received the vaccine at a car dealership?

Take a BMW into the dealership and it cost $125 just look at it and the vaccine will be $125 also from the doctor

Does anyone know how Celebrity will handle reimbursement for prepaid drink package & shore excursions. I have insurance but my TA says once Celebrity determines we are a no show they will issue a credit to our credit card for the total amount we paid. I'm still in a great deal of pain & my eye is slow to respond to treatment, therefore I haven't started filing a claim for insurance yet. Thanks to everyone for your concern. DH promises we will take the same cruise in the future.

Hi Don, the shot for prevention costs $200.00?:eek:

Had the shot before I got on Medicare - only cost $65. My dr recommended to get it as soon as we turned 60 . That was 5 years ago ! Dr said it won't prevent shingles but if you did get shingles , it would be a much milder case.

So sorry that the op had to miss the cruise.

I live in the Uk and we sadly don't seem to have the shingles vaccine. I was 26 when I got shingles down the centre of my back. Truly painful and you feel useless especially as I needed help dressing etc as couldn't flex my back. I was stupid and went back 2 work within days. 3 weeks later I felt awful in myself and my dr signed me off work as my body hasn't recovered properly. Took a good few months to feel better and for the marks to go. So sorry you missed your cruise!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

OK, after reading these posts, I'm going to get the vaccine. My mom has been after me to get it, but my insurance only covers it over the age of 60. I'm 58. But I'm going to bite the bullet and pay out of pocket. Don't want to chance missing a cruise because of shingles!

Does anyone know how Celebrity will handle reimbursement for prepaid drink package & shore excursions. I have insurance but my TA says once Celebrity determines we are a no show they will issue a credit to our credit card for the total amount we paid. I'm still in a great deal of pain & my eye is slow to respond to treatment, therefore I haven't started filing a claim for insurance yet. Thanks to everyone for your concern. DH promises we will take the same cruise in the future.

Celebrity will refund pre paid gratuities, drink package, shore excursions and taxes and fees. You will need to file a claim with your insurance for the cost of the cruise.

Mary Lou

We have Medicare A and B. They don't cover the shingles shot.

Our BC/BS plan did cover the shot in full at CVS (2013), with a doctors prescription.

Maybe, Medicare Part D covers the Shingles shot?

-Marisa

I think it is your Part D (prescription plan) that covers inoculations. Depending on the type of Rx plan you have, depends on how much you have to pay. Some prescription plans are much more inclusive than others.

Just a word of advice to consult with your doctor on this. I thought I never had Chicken Pox either. When I was a kid all my brothers had it but I never got it - or so I thought. When I was pregnant with kid #3, kids #1 and #2 got horrible cases of it. The doctor checked me (some kind of test) and found out that I had an immunity to it, which likely meant that while I thought I did not have it I must have had a very, very slight case of it. Which means I could get shingles - so my doctor advised I get the shot which I did.

I read also that it is only 50% effective or so, but supposedly if you do get shingles anyway, you are very likely to get a much less serious case and unlike non-shot folks are not likely to get any serious complications.

Boy, this sounds like I wrote it. My husband had shingles when he was in his 30's. Both my children had severe cases of chicken pox when they were little. With it all, I never contracted chicken pox. My mom swore I never had them. Years ago, I also had a test done and was told I had a natural immunity to them. Maybe I'm just stubborn, but I've not gotten the vaccine and have debated this issue for a few years now. I'm still not sure what to do...I feel like I'd be putting the live vaccine in my body and subjecting myself to contracting either chicken pox or shingles.

OK, after reading these posts, I'm going to get the vaccine. My mom has been after me to get it, but my insurance only covers it over the age of 60. I'm 58. But I'm going to bite the bullet and pay out of pocket. Don't want to chance missing a cruise because of shingles!

My wife, 49, has had them several times. After the vaccine, she still feels them but the breakouts are substantially lighter. But she still gets them. :-(

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Sorry to hear you had to miss the cruise. DH had them in Feb and we had to cancel a ski trip and he still gets the post pain at times even now!!

We had to cancel a Celebrity cruise also and they let us pick another ship but charged us an admin fee of £150. If we hadn't chosen another cruise they were deducting the deposit from us which I think was £300 so we just picked another cruise.

This was UK though and we seem to get a much worse deal than anyone else:confused:

I hope you recover very soon indeed and have no lasting pain.

I should be relaxing on the Equinox at this very moment. Instead I'm in bed with a nasty case of Shingles covering the entire left side of my face. My advise... If you had chicken pox don't delay in getting the Shingles vaccination. The pain is horrible on top of the disappointment of having to cancel a trip at the very last second. Now I get to unpack form a trip I never took. Well, at least I don't have any laundry to do. LOL

You have my sincerest sympathy. I have had the Shingles 3 times and they are no fun to say the least. My partner and I did get the Shingles Vacaine a year ago. So far so good. Here is wishing you a speedy recovery and a cruise very soon.

I got shingles one year ago on my neck, head, ear and chest. They were so bad I ended up in the hospital getting IV fluids because I couldn't eat or drink. My doctor and the doctors at the hospital said they had never seen such a severe case.

One year later I am still suffering from pain across my neck and chest. My ear sounds like air blowing through it all of the time.

I don't wish shingles on anyone even my worst enemy. I haven't gotten the shot because the doctor said because my case was so bad that I have probably built up an immunity to them. I sure hope so.

Hope you recover soon and enjoy your cruise in December.

I should be relaxing on the Equinox at this very moment. Instead I'm in bed with a nasty case of Shingles covering the entire left side of my face. My advise... If you had chicken pox don't delay in getting the Shingles vaccination. The pain is horrible on top of the disappointment of having to cancel a trip at the very last second. Now I get to unpack form a trip I never took. Well, at least I don't have any laundry to do. LOL

Thanks to everyone for their concern. I'm finally starting to recover. My Dr put me on Lyrica and it is helping with the pain. I found out yesterday that I have to wait 6 months after my outbreak to get the shot. I'm praying I say shingle free until then.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks to everyone for their concern. I'm finally starting to recover. My Dr put me on Lyrica and it is helping with the pain. I found out yesterday that I have to wait 6 months after my outbreak to get the shot. I'm praying I say shingle free until then.

Still on meds for the pain. I started to fill out my insurance claim forms today. On Aug 8 I received an email from Celebrity stating they were refunding to my credit card the money for my cancelled excursions and drink package. Well I checked with my credit card company, guess what...no refund. I called Celebrity and they insist it was put through On Aug. 8. I had to file a dispute with credit card company. It seems that my refund is lost in the cloud. Has anyone else had this problem? Oh, my taxes and port fees were refunded to my travel agents credit card. Checked and Celebrity says excursions were refunded to my card. After 2 hours on the phone I have a headache. I will never prebook anything again.

Still on meds for the pain. I started to fill out my insurance claim forms today. On Aug 8 I received an email from Celebrity stating they were refunding to my credit card the money for my cancelled excursions and drink package. Well I checked with my credit card company, guess what...no refund. I called Celebrity and they insist it was put through On Aug. 8. I had to file a dispute with credit card company. It seems that my refund is lost in the cloud. Has anyone else had this problem? Oh, my taxes and port fees were refunded to my travel agents credit card. Checked and Celebrity says excursions were refunded to my card. After 2 hours on the phone I have a headache. I will never prebook anything again.

Hi, sorry you are still in pain:(......call this number and see if Jennifer

can help you...she is with Corp Guest Relations and helps with

"post cruise stuff".......800 256 6649.

Archived