travelling in a family group - help please

On our most recent cruise, we were in a group of 28, ranging in ages from 5-72.

As hubby & I were the most experienced cruisers and I did most of the organising, I was pretty much "spokesman" lol.

We hired a bus to take us to the terminal and on the way in I asked everyone if they wanted to have dinner together the first night. Everyone said yes and all 28 of us were there. We booked the same tables every night (coz we just HAD to have Letif:)) and pretty much every night the adults had dinner together. I also told them all that I would be going to trivia every morning and afternoon and anyone was welcome. Again, most adults came and we formed a few teams. But, if they didn't want to, they didn't have to. Afternoon trivia was followed by sports trivia so the fellas would head off to that while most of us women would go & shower for dinner. We also had a meeting time & place for pre dinner drinks. Again, some people would attend and some wouldn't. Those that didn't just met us outside the dining room a few minutes before 8.

Wouldn't dream of using mobiles due to expense or walkie talkies due to disruption to other passengers.

Wouldn't dream of using mobiles due to expense or walkie talkies due to disruption to other passengers.

I agree with you there. It would be very annoying for other people to have to listen to the chatter on walkie talkies. Just imagine "Where are you?" "I'm at such and such". "Where are you going next?" and so on. No thanks.

I agree with you there. It would be very annoying for other people to have to listen to the chatter on walkie talkies. Just imagine "Where are you?" "I'm at such and such". "Where are you going next?" and so on. No thanks.
Yes, they can be annoying, for the person when they don't work and for others when they do:D.

Or the bleeps and static while you're communicating.

Fortunately, they're not frequently used on a cruise.

Archived