Where to keep bags

Cann

My husband and I will have about 8 hours to spare from leaving the cruise ship until we board the plane. We were thinking of doing a Carnival excursion to SB but that still gets us to the airport 6 hours early. If we decide to just hang out downtown Miami is there a secure place to store our bags for a few hours?

Taxi to MIA ($24+tip), store your bags there (for a fee :( - you cannot check them with the airline until about 4 hours prior to your flight) and then use the Airport Flyer bus to visit South Beach for only $2.35 each! :D

This OR get a swank airport hotel room and sit by the pool, order good room service, then shower and change and take the hotel shuttle to the airport.

All good ideas. We bounced those around. Since we're flying out of FLL we'll have to head that way about 2 hours early. We debated renting a room at SB and just enjoying the beach for a while.

I am not sure how secure it is but some people talk about dropping their luggage off at the luggage store at Bayside.

Keith

I'm going to look into this more because Bayside was my first choice for spe ding the day. Thanks!

I'm going to look into this more because Bayside was my first choice for spe ding the day. Thanks!

May I just point out that downtown Miami in August is a really miserably hot place to be? Bayside would be okay at night but no way would you be even remotely comfortable walking around outside.

May I just point out that downtown Miami in August is a really miserably hot place to be? Bayside would be okay at night but no way would you be even remotely comfortable walking around outside.

Hmm. So would FLL beach area be about the same, miserably hot on Sept. 1? We were thinking about renting a van, and then maybe take water taxi for part of the day, before late evening flight out.

The area will be hot and humid, but by the beach or by a hotel pool you can cool off in the water or with a drink. ;) I like your idea of renting a vehicle (vans will be very expensive, large cars or even SUVs will be cheaper), stashing your bags in the trunk, and then going where you want until it is time to check into FLL. Good luck! :)

Hmm. So would FLL beach area be about the same, miserably hot on Sept. 1? We were thinking about renting a van, and then maybe take water taxi for part of the day, before late evening flight out.

The water taxi is on the water and you'll get a nice breeze so that would be fine to do.

This website was just brought to my attention. We have the same issue in December. Late flight and wanted a hotel to spend the day by the pool, then shower and fly home. Certainly didn't want to spend day at beach and be all sandy with no place to shower then fly.

between9and5.com

Archived