New Alcohol Policy as of last night 7/30

Windsailer

We are winding down our 21 day collectors cruise...while in spain, italy, and france, I bought some wonderful wines to enjoy on board...our tour guide in livorno stopped at a wonderful vineyard in tuscany that was a highlight. A shame that is coming to an end. I haven't had vibes on board that it will be changed...more when I get home.

D

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Forums mobile app

DH of 3basenjis here, fresh off the Zuiderdam. In San Francisco I carried on three bottles in my back pack. Wife had 4 in hers with an additional 6 in a small carry on suit case totaling 13 bottles. Not a word was said or were our bottles inventoried at the security check in. The corkage fee was enforced but if we opened in room we were not charged. FWIW

DH of 3basenjis here, fresh off the Zuiderdam. In San Francisco I carried on three bottles in my back pack. Wife had 4 in hers with an additional 6 in a small carry on suit case totaling 13 bottles. Not a word was said or were our bottles inventoried at the security check in. The corkage fee was enforced but if we opened in room we were not charged. FWIW

Nothing out of the ordinary. That is truly in accordance with the current policy.

Nothing out of the ordinary. That is truly in accordance with the current policy.

It may be, and that was the way it was, but ..... we had inventory taken in May/June. I think LindaM did as well and that is why she asked;)

It was out of the ordinary for me....this was the first time we ever had our wine checked on Prinsendam. I actually "forgot" and brought a can of beer on, in Oslo a couple years ago. Nothing was said, nor did I even think about it until much later!!

That's because the wine limit policy doesn't take effect for another 3 months.

We board in Civitavecchia next week and plan to take a bunch of wine on board at embarkation, and to add to our stock in Spain and Portugal for our crossing.

If we could not, we would not have booked the cruise.

We are staying in Dubai for a couple of days before we head up to Italy and it just makes me doubly aware of how weird wine restrictions are. :(

We board in Civitavecchia next week and plan to take a bunch of wine on board at embarkation, and to add to our stock in Spain and Portugal for our crossing.

If we could not, we would not have booked the cruise.

We are staying in Dubai for a couple of days before we head up to Italy and it just makes me doubly aware of how weird wine restrictions are. :(

Would be a deal killer for us as well. We compared doing a TA between all lines after costs with their wine policies and did it in similar staterooms. Princess was the lowest. Seabourn, Silversea, and Azamara were next after all costs factored in, and HAL came in dead last.

Were they also diligent about checking all the bottles you brought on?

No...they didn't check . Actually, we bought 3 bottles of limoncello in Sorrento and dh brought them to the room. He doesn't drink...thought it was wine, so carried it on. It's for gifts so is still intact, btw.

No...they didn't check . Actually, we bought 3 bottles of limoncello in Sorrento and dh brought them to the room. He doesn't drink...thought it was wine, so carried it on. It's for gifts so is still intact, btw.

That is interesting..... I wonder who is in charge of enforcing the checking of wine/liquor brought on the ship. We didn't get on Prinsendam once without them going so far as having us remove some of the paper wrapping on our wine bottles!!

We've never had the wine we bring on at embarkation checked.

Things are changing. Totaly, I brought 4 bottles to the MDR over the course of 21 days. We were charged on all 4...$18 each. There was a time when it was hit or miss.

Things are changing. Totaly, I brought 4 bottles to the MDR over the course of 21 days. We were charged on all 4...$18 each. There was a time when it was hit or miss.

But you are talking about two different things. Bringing wine aboard is one thing, and it doesn't require a corkage fee until you bring it into the MDR. Your were describing bringing it into the dining room.

Archived