Moving from E2 to D1

Hi! We're on a back to back on Indy. We have a hump cabin on deck 7 (E2) for both cruises. Would you move 4 rooms down (D1) for the second cruise to save $600???? Of those that did move on a back to back I'd appreciate any helpful hints. Thanks

It's not a big deal to move on a B2B, especially when they are paying you $600 to do it. Just pack up everything that is not hanging in the closet. The stateroom attendant will move your bags and hanging items to the new stateroom.

As a committed price snob, I would absolutely move -- and the D2 will be slightly bigger.

On our TA on Independence we were originally in a D1 center hump on 9 and got the opportunity to move to a guaranty that cut our ticket price more than 50%. As a committed price snob I spent about 3.2 seconds wistfully thinking about what it must be like to be in the center hump cabin before agreeing to the switch. We were ultimately assigned a D2 just aft of the hump, also on 9. We ended up just a few doors from where we started. We loved the cabin and the location and we never looked back.

And as Clarea says, moving is easy. Your cabin steward will do most of the work, you just need to put all of your non hanging items back in you bags.

Edited to add: I can show you pictures of our D2 on 9 if you like.

Ditto on the "YES".

You still have a balcony.
You will have a 3 person sofa (couch/chesterfield) instead of a 2 person loveseat.
You have $600 in your pocket.

Yup..I'd do it.

[quote name='mjldvlks']As a committed price snob, I would absolutely move -- and the D2 will be slightly bigger.

On our TA on Independence we were originally in a D1 center hump on 9 and got the opportunity to move to a guaranty that cut our ticket price more than 50%. As a committed price snob I spent about 3.2 seconds wistfully thinking about what it must be like to be in the center hump cabin before agreeing to the switch. We were ultimately assigned a D2 just aft of the hump, also on 9. We ended up just a few doors from where we started. We loved the cabin and the location and we never looked back.

And as Clarea says, moving is easy. Your cabin steward will do most of the work, you just need to put all of your non hanging items back in you bags.

Edited to add: I can show you pictures of our D2 on 9 if you like.[/quote]

I'm surprised it took you so long to decide to change! :D

[quote name='Beach Ball']Hi! We're on a back to back on Indy. We have a hump cabin on deck 7 (E2) for both cruises. Would you move 4 rooms down (D1) for the second cruise to save $600???? Of those that did move on a back to back I'd appreciate any helpful hints. Thanks[/quote]I would move without thinking about it.

I would also move. Our last b2b we moved 4 doors down the hall for the same exact reason bigger room and savings. It was not a big deal. We jut met our new cabin Stewart during the week as we went down the hall and everything was quick and easy.

Add me to the list of those who would move. For just a small amount of effort to change rooms, the $600 can go a long way towards your onboard expenses, excursions, or your next cruise.

[quote name='Beach Ball']

. . . Would you move [B]4 rooms down[/B] (D1) for the second cruise to save $600???? [/QUOTE]
On one B2B, we moved to the other side of the ship. Not a problem.

Woody

Just got the moved approved by my TA. I was all for it as soon as I saw the price. My husband said "He does not want to have to move a thing. It is my job." For $600 and I hope than less than 25 minutes I'll make the move. Thanks for all the good advice.

[quote name='Beach Ball']Just got the moved approved by my TA. I was all for it as soon as I saw the price. [B]My husband said "He does not want to have to move a thing. It is my job.[/B]" For $600 and I hope than less than 25 minutes I'll make the move. Thanks for all the good advice.[/quote]

I hope you are visiting islands with some nice jewelry stores -- I hope there is a $600.00 bauble in your future!!!:)

[quote name='Scoobydobe7']I hope you are visiting islands with some nice jewelry stores -- I hope there is a $600.00 bauble in your future!!!:)[/quote]

[SIZE=4][COLOR=darkorchid]That is an excellent idea!!!!!!![/COLOR][/SIZE]

Archived