Has anyone else completely avoided having your picture taken by the photographers?

reedl

I have been on 8 cruises so far and have successfully avoided having my pictures taken on all 8 cruises. Or at least a picture of just me or me and a few people. It is almost a challenge to now go on a cruise and not have my picture taken now. In fact I kind of enjoy the challenge.

Of course I was on TV since the wife and I won the "Love and Marriage" game show. So there! In fact people were stopping us and saying "I saw you on TV!"

But no pictures (that I know of)

Of course even if they took a picture of me, I would never buy them anyways

I did for a while and then I figured why turn down professional photographers wanting to take your picture, or a friends picture etc. You might get a good picture out of the deal and it's really no skin off my check.

Not very hard to refuse photos, a simple, "no thank you" is all you need to do.

We are apparently in the minority and actually like a photo from each cruise and at this point have quite a few photos. We like the boarding photo or photos that have the ship name or date. We get coupons for free photos so we have a few taken to make sure there are two we like. If we strike out, we look around for a family or young couple and "buy" them a photo with our coupon

If you want photos, there are plenty of opportunities. If not, no problem.

M

I did for a while and then I figured why turn down professional photographers wanting to take your picture, or a friends picture etc. You might get a good picture out of the deal and it's really no skin off my check.

Same for me. I will let them take our pics. I am under no obligation to buy. If they end up being good then I'll buy them.

I have been on 8 cruises so far and have successfully avoided having my pictures taken on all 8 cruises. Or at least a picture of just me or me and a few people. It is almost a challenge to now go on a cruise and not have my picture taken now. In fact I kind of enjoy the challenge.
Know what you mean. Even when you manage to avoid the individual photos, there are those sneaky videographers who go around filming crowd scenes all the time.

So you may end up in the cruise highlights video without your knowledge, until someone sees you there and snickers while pointing out your clumsy dance moves, recorded for all posterity to blackmail and ridicule you for years to come, even by generations yet unborn.

Years ago such candid embarrassing video footage was only shown at family gatherings, but now you are out there on youtube for all the world to see.

It is especially risky for those of us in the witness protection program.

Those videographers do not just set up the camera and film from one spot where you can keep track of them. No, instead they stealthily sneak around the room and shoot the crowd from different angles, trying to catch you when you least expect it.

It requires constant vigilance to remain alert and keep moving around behind them, assuring that you remain positioned well out of camera range.

Years ago I bought pictures of myself shaking hands with various captains. They started with me in sequins with a blonde French Twist, segued into a redhead in a silk formal pants suit, and from there to a frumpy housewife in slacks and flowery top. I can see myself changing hair color, clothing styles and adding weight. Thank goodness the captains quit shaking hands and I quit going to any celebrations sponsored by them.

I haven't looked at the photo gallery in years. If my picture's there, I don't know it.

I knew I didn't want to buy any so tried to avoid them.

Being told to pose at dinner by a very sturn woman I didn't take very kindly to at all.

No photos at dinner please I found it very rude.

Maybe if her attitude was better I wouldn't have been annoyed though???

Come along saying photo then started moving the vase and glasses around :rolleyes:

We always have the going aboard picture taken. That way we have proof of that cruise. And then use that picture as our free one.

Had to send proof of a cruise one time, because they didn't give me credit for a cruise I took.

Gwen :)

We do the same, if only to remind us of where we have been as the boarding pic has the ship, date and itinerary on it.:D

... DH and I cruise alone, so we don't have that many pictures of us together.

Just ask someone. People are always ready to help out by taking your pic.

My DH bought a 'camera stick'(?), it attaches to your camera and is telescopic. He whips it out everywhere.

Always gets a lot of stares/comments, but does the trick.

Smile! :)

Archived