Wine purchase Sunday morning Port Everglades

Does anyone know if wine can be purchased before 11:00 am? I don't know if I should bring it in my luggage to take out after my flight or if I can purchase it on my way to the port for our Allure sailing. Any info is appreciated!

Thanks,

Traci

Does anyone know if wine can be purchased before 11:00 am? I don't know if I should bring it in my luggage to take out after my flight or if I can purchase it on my way to the port for our Allure sailing. Any info is appreciated!

Thanks,

Traci

I believe the liquor stores have to wait until noon to sell on Sunday.

I believe the liquor stores have to wait until noon to sell on Sunday.

I did a little web searching and I think Bob is right: bars and restaurants in Ft Lauderdale can now (as of 2011) sell beer, wine and hard liquor individual drinks at 7AM on Sunday but stores still cannot sell until noon. Maybe someone who actually lives in or near FLL can tell you for sure.

I did a little web searching and I think Bob is right: bars and restaurants in Ft Lauderdale can now (as of 2011) sell beer, wine and hard liquor individual drinks at 7AM on Sunday but stores still cannot sell until noon. Maybe someone who actually lives in or near FLL can tell you for sure.

It also could be that grocery stores (like Publix) have different rules than a store like Total Wine. I just remember Total Wine opens at noon on Sunday.

It also could be that grocery stores (like Publix) have different rules than a store like Total Wine. I just remember Total Wine opens at noon on Sunday.

I came across a Sun Sentinel online article from 2011 talking about the new law - within the story was a link to the new city ordinance about Sunday sales and the 7AM/12PM hours. It said only clubs, night clubs, cocktail bars, hotel bars and restaurant bars could sell at 7AM on Sunday. What I don't know is if anything has further changed in the last two plus years.

Here's that story: http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/news/politics/broward/blog/2011/02/sunday_morning_alcohol_sales_b.html

You can buy beer & wine at grocery stores on Sunday mornings, I have shopped at Publix many times before noon on Sundays:D but grocery stores don't sell alcohol. It is either 11 or 12 for those stores, it seems like I have seen ABC liquors open earlier than 12 but not sure!

Unlike Indiana where you cannot buy any type of alcohol on Sunday!

Sherri :)

You can buy beer & wine at grocery stores on Sunday mornings, I have shopped at Publix many times before noon on Sundays:D but grocery stores don't sell alcohol. It is either 11 or 12 for those stores, it seems like I have seen ABC liquors open earlier than 12 but not sure!

Unlike Indiana where you cannot buy any type of alcohol on Sunday!

Sherri :)

If it's like Illinois, the rules differ county to county.

Sunday liquor sales vary by local cities. I live in Tamarac, no sales till 11AM, neighboring Sunrise allows Sunday sales.

As I stated above Fort Lauderdale does not allow liquor sales until noon! Except restaurants, bars, hotels and such, they can SERVE alcohol starting at 7 AM.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is even worse than that. It can vary if a store is in a city, or in the county. There are pockets in each city of unincorporated areas , which are regulated by county rules, not city rules. And it is impossible to determine which is the case. You can go to one store, and it has one set of rules, and go across the street and find another.

Why dont you post on you cruise thread and maybe someone will pick your order up for you and you can mail payment to them or pay when you arrive.

Then meet them before you sail, or meet them after you are on board.

Worth a shot.

Sea Ya

Why dont you post on you cruise thread and maybe someone will pick your order up for you and you can mail payment to them or pay when you arrive.

Then meet them before you sail, or meet them after you are on board.

Worth a shot.

Sea Ya

Seems like such a hassle. Not to mention this assumes that the people on your roll call don't want any wine of their own.

I'm assuming you are arriving the morning of departure by the sounds of your question? And that you have no transportation other than a taxi? If that's the case and you really need your wine and want to get on the ship before noon, then I think the easiest thing would be to buy the wine at home and pack it carefully in your suitcase.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Seems like such a hassle. Not to mention this assumes that the people on your roll call don't want any wine of their own.

I'm assuming you are arriving the morning of departure by the sounds of your question? And that you have no transportation other than a taxi? If that's the case and you really need your wine and want to get on the ship before noon, then I think the easiest thing would be to buy the wine at home and pack it carefully in your suitcase.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Plus the worst thing that could happen is a bottle could break and all your cruise clothes would be ruined.

Sea Ya

Bars, restaurants and hotels can sell liquor at 7AM but stores can't sell till 12 noon.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

This is exactly how it was last September when I sailed on the Allure. Unless the law has changed in the past year.

In Indiana, we follow a state law so it is the same for all counties. Restaurants, bars, and wineries can sell on Sunday, no sales in stores.

We also cannot buy a car on Sunday.:D

Sherri:)

In Indiana, we follow a state law so it is the same for all counties. Restaurants, bars, and wineries can sell on Sunday, no sales in stores.

We also cannot buy a car on Sunday.:D

Sherri:)

Same car sale restriction here in Illinois.

Say what you will about California, but at least the rules are consistent. No liquor sales between 2 AM and maybe 6 AM (maybe earlier) every day of the week.

And Sat./Sun. are popular car shopping days, as are the other 5 days of the week. :D:):D

Interesting thread.

Archived