What paperwork to leave home when cruising without kids?

OnTheBrink

My husband and I will go on our first kid-free cruise in a month. Our kids (12 and 9) will stay with my sister, who is like their second mother. We'll be gone M-F.

We have a will and my sister has a copy. But what else should I leave with her?

My husband and I will go on our first kid-free cruise in a month. Our kids (12 and 9) will stay with my sister, who is like their second mother. We'll be gone M-F.

We have a will and my sister has a copy. But what else should I leave with her?

My sister often keeps my kids for a week in the summer or when we go away.

We usually leave:

- A detailed itinerary including flight info, hotel/cruise ship info, emergency contact information (cruise line has a number you can leave)

- A letter for Medical consent along with copies of their medical cards & birth certificates. The letter includes their doctors contact information.

We also each had a legal power of attorney drawn up when we did our wills giving her authority to act on our behalf if we are unable to do to distance or capacity.

Enjoy your trip!

You need to also leave her a letter giving her permission to act on your behalf in case of a medical emergency. Make sure you list both kids names, medical insurance information and pediatrician's name and number.

Always be sure you have left written permission for whoever is keeping your children as stated above! No one counts on needing it, but safety first!

Archived