Guaranteed Room Confusion

new.b.cruiser

So I sail in about 80 days and just realized that the Inside Guaranteed Room can be an upper/lower (bunk beds!! :eek:) Has anyone actually been stuck with bunk beds?? I am soooo not picky with rooms put me wherever on whatever floor... but I draw the line at bunkbeds lol... Any idea approx. how many of these rooms are on ships? (I'm really hoping not many!)

Thanks for your help

Oh crap! lol

Im sailing on the Freedom, I have no idea what I selected (1A or 4A). When I look online it just says GUAR (IS) ... I had a bad feeling bc there is no option for me to select a queen bed, its says 2 singles (or doubles) and I actually called Carnival and one of the reps said that it wont give me the option yet bc its a guar room... Now Im thinking maybe she didnt look into it properly... Can you tell its my 1st time booking with carnival... and only 2nd time cruising...

You dont get to state 4a or higher--

an IS guarantee is just that-- they guarantee you at least an inside cabin

You CAN get bunk beds-- (A 1A) or you could get a port hole.

Its rare that it happens but it does.

Just as recent as this past week a poster got a port hole cabin.

I even went back online to do a mock booking to try and remember what I selected but its different now (prices, specials etc) cant remember what I chose... But you can be sure if I saw bunkbeds I would have never even considered it... Ugh I better call them. Thanks for your help though! and if anyone else has advise/experience feel let me know :)

I even went back online to do a mock booking to try and remember what I selected but its different now (prices, specials etc) cant remember what I chose... But you can be sure if I saw bunkbeds I would have never even considered it... Ugh I better call them. Thanks for your help though! and if anyone else has advise/experience feel let me know :)

these are the choices you were shown when picking the category of INSIDE

when you pick the guarantee rate you do not see the choices.

Please select one of the following additional stateroom options for your cruising pleasure.

• Interior Upper/Lower [included in price}]
  • Interior Upper/Lower (porthole) [included in price}]
  • Interior [Add $2.90 p.p/day ]
  • Porthole [Add $2.90 p.p/day ]
  • Interior with Picture Window (Walkway View) [Add $12.90 pp

I don't believe you will get a 1A when you book an inside guarantee. I would call Carnival and ask them if your booking guarantees you a 4A minimum. Also, check the current inside price and see you can find a rate which will allow you to pick a cabin at a similar price.

''Guests who select the interior stateroom type may be assigned upper/lower accommodations. Guests who book Super Saver are not eligible for any price protection. This fare does not qualify for Early Saver price protection. A non-refundable and non-transferable deposit is required at the time of booking. Guest selects stateroom type (e.g. interior, ocean view, balcony or suite), but Carnival assigns the deck and location of the stateroom. Stateroom assignment will be provided at the time of check in on embarkation day. No name changes are allowed. Click here for additional information and details. When choosing a guarantee stateroom, there is a possibility the stateroom's view may be obstructed.''

Well here it is lol... I must have thought that upper/lower meant floors lol not beds! rookie mistake... I guess I'll just have to take whatever I get.... Live and learn lol

I don't believe you will get a 1A when you book an inside guarantee. I would call Carnival and ask them if your booking guarantees you a 4A minimum. Also, check the current inside price and see you can find a rate which will allow you to pick a cabin at a similar price.

I took the non-ref, non-changeable rate.. another rookie move, really new to this whole thing and really had no idea about price drops, cabin choice etc. If I were booking now I could get a much better room for the same price... C'est la vie...

I took the non-ref, non-changeable rate.. another rookie move, really new to this whole thing and really had no idea about price drops, cabin choice etc. If I were booking now I could get a much better room for the same price... C'est la vie...

You've learned a few things this time, so you'll be more prepared when you book your next cruise, right?

Have fun on your cruise. Hopefully, you will not get bunk beds.

Just to make you feel perhaps a little better about things...two very recent experiences. I booked a balcony guarantee (expecting an obstructed, crappy balcony) and got an extended balcony (not obstructed) in a pretty desirable part of the ship. My friends who are sailing with us booked an inside guarantee and were PARANOID that they'd get an upper/lower as they are celebrating their first anniversary and that would certainly put a damper on the "festivities". They, too, didn't realize that was even a possibility when they booked. They got their room assignment yesterday and got a 4E room, so they are SUPER excited.

I guess my point is...you just may get something way more awesome than you expect, so think positive thoughts. =)

Just to make you feel perhaps a little better about things...two very recent experiences. I booked a balcony guarantee (expecting an obstructed, crappy balcony) and got an extended balcony (not obstructed) in a pretty desirable part of the ship. My friends who are sailing with us booked an inside guarantee and were PARANOID that they'd get an upper/lower as they are celebrating their first anniversary and that would certainly put a damper on the "festivities". They, too, didn't realize that was even a possibility when they booked. They got their room assignment yesterday and got a 4E room, so they are SUPER excited.

I guess my point is...you just may get something way more awesome than you expect, so think positive thoughts. =)

Haha! ya I bet it would!

Thanks :). makes me feel better knowing that it can happen... by the way when were you assigned a room?

If you booked Early Saver, you CAN change but it will cost you $50 per person. I have done it when I can get a better deal on a different cruise and save more than the $50 per person charge. If the price has dropped you can get that too. Just fill out a form and send it in.

If you booked anything else, you can get any price drop up until final payment. Just call Carnival and ask.

Also, if a better room is the same or cheaper than you paid, you can get that as well.

Have fun!

If you booked Early Saver, you CAN change but it will cost you $50 per person. I have done it when I can get a better deal on a different cruise and save more than the $50 per person charge. If the price has dropped you can get that too. Just fill out a form and send it in.

If you booked anything else, you can get any price drop up until final payment. Just call Carnival and ask.

Also, if a better room is the same or cheaper than you paid, you can get that as well.

Have fun!

Thanks for the tips, I actually booked super saver I didnt understand price drops etc and was sure I wouldnt be making any changes/cancellations... From what I read there is no possible way to make any kind of change once it's booked... Eh next time I book carnival (I'm sure there will be a next time) I will be prepared!

Have fun!

OP just to clarify .. he is talking about cancelling the cruise you are on and changing to another cruise.

There is no fee to upgrade no matter what rate you booked.

Some rates you can downgrade with no fee before final payment and save money, though if you booked a IS, inside gty, only a 1A is lower, so you wouldnt want to downgrade.

OP just to clarify .. he is talking about cancelling the cruise you are on and changing to another cruise.

There is no fee to upgrade no matter what rate you booked.

Some rates you can downgrade with no fee before final payment and save money, though if you booked a IS, inside gty, only a 1A is lower, so you wouldnt want to downgrade.

firefly---- This post was started because they were concerned they might get bunk beds with their inside guarantee cabin assignement. I didn't think a 1A was possible with an IS rate. Is this the case?

"So I sail in about 80 days and just realized that the Inside Guaranteed Room can be an upper/lower (bunk beds!! :eek:) Has anyone actually been stuck with bunk beds?? I am soooo not picky with rooms put me wherever on whatever floor... but I draw the line at bunkbeds lol... Any idea approx. how many of these rooms are on ships? (I'm really hoping not many!)

Thanks for your help "

firefly---- This post was started because they were concerned they might get bunk beds with their inside guarantee cabin assignement. I didn't think a 1A was possible with an IS rate. Is this the case?

"So I sail in about 80 days and just realized that the Inside Guaranteed Room can be an upper/lower (bunk beds!! :eek:) Has anyone actually been stuck with bunk beds?? I am soooo not picky with rooms put me wherever on whatever floor... but I draw the line at bunkbeds lol... Any idea approx. how many of these rooms are on ships? (I'm really hoping not many!)

Thanks for your help "

Yes, I understood why the thread was started and yes you can get a 1A with a IS gty.

I dont know why stewpapa threw into the mix that the OP might want to cancel this cruise and do a completely different cruise.

I have seen posts where people lately have gotten 1As with their IS gty and posts about putting a mattress on the floor or if its older ship with rollaways asking for one. Its a risk you take if you book a IS gty.

Haha! ya I bet it would!

Thanks :). makes me feel better knowing that it can happen... by the way when were you assigned a room?

I found out on Monday, which is about 4 weeks out. I had been checking daily for the past 3 or 4 weeks, but was out of town over the weekend so didn't get to check again 'til Monday.

I had my friend check immediately to see if we were close to each other, and hers was not available 'til the next day.

Not sure why, but I sorta figured they'd assign all the guarantees at the same time...but I guess I was wrong!

(And don't worry, I couldn't change the bed preference 'til the room assignment came in.)

(And for the record, it would have been almost double what we paid for us to have picked this particular room instead of just booking the guarantee. We would have been satisfied with any other room so the money savings vs. the uncertainty was DEFINITELY worth it to us. I would do it again, for sure...and probably would say that even if we had gotten the "worst" balcony on the ship. The "Expect the worst, hope for the best" motto seems to be particularly apt to those of us who roll the dice on guarantees.)

Archived