Queen Victoria Promenade Deck?

Jim Avery

There is a thread over at Princess referring to the Queen Victoria being fitted with a full wrap around Promenade Deck during her drydock. Any confirmation of that here?:D

She was fitted with a wrap around Promenade Deck when she was built!

It was open during the Maiden Voyage but the section closest to the bow was closed off with gates shortly after that. I'm not sure if they have removed the gates or if they now just leave them open. Either way, not a major structural change:).

Regards, Colin.

Thanks for the info. When we were on board, the gates were closed. No big deal as I grew up on QE2 and no wrap around Prom. Just was curious since this was a thread over at Princess. Seems the new Royal Princess does not have them but most of the others do. :D

I am almost certain there are no gates now and haven't been during my last three cruises on board QV. We were even able to access the front section whilst an 'assessment party' we're accessing the breathing apparatus bottles which are stored off this area during our Nov 2012 cruise!

• 2 months later...

The cruisecritic review of QV still states that the promenade does not wrap around. Should be clarified if now it is possible to do so.

"The outer decks are a weak point of Queen Victoria, and this hurts those with a sporty lifestyle. The promenade deck (Deck 3) does not run around the vessel as the forward part is marked crew only. The best you can do is a U-shaped walk. There is no jogging track at all. A jogging track and a wrap-around promenade deck would warrant a half point rise in the rating of these facilities."