Laundry on Prinsendam

kiwirick

Self serve laundry on the Elegant Explorer is free - they supply the soap - do use it as it is special soap for the environment. (so it doesn't matter if they are top loaders or not and I don't remember either:eek:)

Their laundry service on board ( the one you pay for - not self service) is also very good. I sometimes get this warped idea I am on vacation and someone else should do the laundry:D

You have two great options. and you can't go wrong either way:D

The machines we used on the Main deck were top loaders. The dryers on top are front loaders, and some short ladies asked me to fish out their things from them!

But I'm curious - why do you want to know?

Well ,we looked in the supermarket for laundry powder ,just a small pack,and there were ones for top loaders and ones for front loaders.We have only had top loaders and have no experience with front loaders so do not know if the difference in powders is important.If it had been a better store it probably would have had one that was good for both types of machine.

However,Kazu's information ,thank you Kazu makes this whole discussion redundant.

kiwirick,

You will need to take some Tumble Dryer Sheets, available in our NZ supermarkets beside the laundry powders, I have a packet of the "Fluffy" brand, contains 40 sheets, take some of the sheets in a small sealable plastic bag.

Wishing you safe travelling and a great cruise on the Prinsendam.

... and there were ones for top loaders and ones for front loaders.
Ok, thanks. I didn't know there was a difference in detergents either. (At home DW buys it.)

Unlike the machines on other HAL ships where each one has a button to push to dispense detergent, on the P'dam you draw a cupful of liquid from a separate dispenser to carry over to your machine.

We didn't use any dryer sheets.

Archived