Sept 2014 Lisbon to Athens

Prunella1

Just thought I would start a new thread to avoid any confusion and make sure we are all singing the from the same hymn sheet. I hadn't noticed it said 2013 on the other thread, serves me right for just skimming the posts!

Hope you're still working on your husband Nancy, Margaret I will be really jealous if you can start from London, it should be a great trip, maybe we will be able to do it another time.

Great idea Prunella. And just so Dan won't think this is a thinly disguised roll call lets subtitle it "The Legend Fond Fall Farewell" -- the long good bye!

So here is where I believe we are at present:

Prunella -- Lisbon-Athens 9-23 to 10/17*

Margbem-- Lisbon - Monte Carlo 9/23 to 2/10 *

RHN -- Monte Carlo to Athens 10/3 to 10/17 *

Frantic-- Stockholm -London 8/15 to 9/11

Millimeter -- London to Lisbon 8/27 to 9/23

Chairsin -- London to Monte Carlo 9/11 to 10/3

(* possible additions coming!!!)

Is that correct?

Great idea Prunella. And just so Dan won't think this is a thinly disguised roll call lets subtitle it "The Legend Fond Fall Farewell" -- the long good bye!

So here is where I believe we are at present:

Prunella -- Lisbon-Athens 9-23 to 10/17*

Margbem-- Lisbon - Monte Carlo 9/23 to 2/10 *

RHN -- Monte Carlo to Athens 10/3 to 10/17 *

Frantic-- Stockholm -London 8/15 to 9/11

Millimeter -- London to Lisbon 8/27 to 9/23

Chairsin -- London to Monte Carlo 9/11 to 10/3

(* possible additions coming!!!)

Is that correct?

Sharon, we are just two peas in a pod! I just finished writing you offline about starting a roll call because two couples from Australia (one joining in Lisbon and one joining Monte Carlo) and one lady doctor from UK joining in Monte Carlo. Don't think any are on CC. We spent almost 40 days together in the Middle East this spring....lots of trivia!! Prunella, you may to too good for us but we sure have fun!

I pulled up CC and there you were with this post!! Please change us to Lisbon to Athens. Husband says we are going, yeah!!! Our stateroom reserved. All he has to do is work out the money. He will, hard part done.

Prunella. We have Manage a Trois here in Nashville and drink it as a house wine and find it quite pleasant for the price! We are so spoiled by wines that you and Sharon can get that are not allowed in TN. The distributors control everything and won't let many wines in and their strong lobby won't let wine be sold in grocery stores!

Great news Nancy it will be lovely to meet everyone. Don't worry about the trivia I can assure you we are just there for the fun, although I do like to win sometimes I don't get many answers right! I know you had a good time with your Middle East cruise, we did the same one the year before on the Pride and we loved it would do it again anytime. I wonder who the lady doctor is, her name wouldn't be Brenda would it?

Chairsin I love the name The Long Goodbye to the Legend sounds good to me, I also worried about it sounding like a roll call but so far so good. Can't wait until next September now I can see the plate of Sardines with a nice salad and a glass of something cold. I remember on one cruise the chef, I think it was the Legend, had been shopping for the crew and bought sardines and when he learned I liked them he brought me a plate at lunch the only trouble was I had already had some pasta so wasn't very hungry but I couldn't be rude so had to finish them!

Prunella....we were short on Brits on our last Middle East cruise Trivia team so you may be just what we need! We like to win too but we have a good attitude about losing. There are more important things in life than a $3.50 umbrella that breaks the first time you use it! The doctor was not on our team. No, she was not Brenda. She had an unusual first name that is NOT pronounced like it sounds....it was Eurin. I will have to look her up and get the correct pronunciation as everyone was hesitant to say her name and finally someone asked her. Very nice person. Yes, I remember you did the cruise the year before and gave me some good tips. We also loved it and would do it again in a heartbeat. 36 days was not enough. Had tears in my eyes when we left the Pride. Jan was CD and of course my favorite...the Romantics and Seabreeze! Great Club time. I think they all go to the Spirit from the Pride though. It will be fun to see who the team is when closer.

Maybe you can edit your title and put Chairsin's "fond farewell in....! Can't wait for the lunch! Hungry already.

Oh Nancy - we have three of those little umbrellas (once met some people who were extra good at trivia) and they have been used endlessly (as you may imagine, being in the UK) and all still work. I love them.
So impressed! We have never had that good a team to win the umbrella but Nick Hale always calmed everyone down by saying why would you get so upset at losing the $3.50 umbrella that breaks the first time you use it, so I am just taking his word. It is certainly not from winning! Nice to see you on this thread. Please join us...that would make it perfect as we have missed each other a few times...Is there a chance?

I think we should ask Dan if he can change the title to "Legend's Long Goodbye" as Chairsin suggested. It would be interesting to see how it moves over the time.

Nancy I have heard Neil and Connie "The Romantics" are transferring to Legend once Pride moves over to Windstar. A friend got their email address earlier this year. I will try and track it down and email them to see if they can let us know which trips they are likely to be on. I really enjoy how they interact with the audience.

Good luck with the Trivia this time.

I think we should ask Dan if he can change the title to "Legend's Long Goodbye" as Chairsin suggested. It would be interesting to see how it moves over the time.

Nancy I have heard Neil and Connie "The Romantics" are transferring to Legend once Pride moves over to Windstar. A friend got their email address earlier this year. I will try and track it down and email them to see if they can let us know which trips they are likely to be on. I really enjoy how they interact with the audience.

I have their email address. After 36 days with them, we became good sailing friends. They are the ones that told me they would come back to the Spirit. They usualy go off in June and then head to Canada and don't come back for three months at least. With Seabourn everything is subject to change. I sure hope you are right. I will see what I can find out and please do the same. They don't love the big Seabourn ships because of the layout of the club. I don't like it either. I hope we don't lose them to another cruise line. Thanks for checking. We had Captain Vagn Jensen on Pride. Wonder where he will go. I liked him very much.

I think it is up to Prunella whether she wants to ask Dan to change the name of the thread -- I might be seen as one of those pushy Amercians if I asked him to change the name of a thread I had not started.:D

In my perfect world Connie and Nells will be on the Spirit next May ( when hopefully we will say our farewell to that little sister) and then transfer to the Legend in August. I agree they are terrific -- and even have a talented and beautiful daughter to boot.

I am very happy to ask Dan to change the name, but I wondered if I started a Roll Call with the title "The Fall Fond Farewell to the Legend " .......what do you think?

I think it is a wonderful idea. :) Is it possible to have it on this board. Probably not as it isn't within guidelines:o.

I know it isn't practical with the larger amount of ships but I sometimes really miss having the roll calls here on this board. If I go over to the roll call board I don't know if I should read others' threads or not. When they were here people would jump in randomly and they gave me some wonderful advice for my trips. Every time I wear my pearls I bought in Hong Kong I thank Chairsin for giving me some advice about buying them.

I know times change.....

I think it is a wonderful idea. :) Is it possible to have it on this board. Probably not as it isn't within guidelines:o.

I know it isn't practical with the larger amount of ships but I sometimes really miss having the roll calls here on this board. If I go over to the roll call board I don't know if I should read others' threads or not. When they were here people would jump in randomly and they gave me some wonderful advice for my trips. Every time I wear my pearls I bought in Hong Kong I thank Chairsin for giving me some advice about buying them.

I know times change.....

I will wait for the others to wake up and post their thoughts, but sadly it will have to be on the Roll Call page as I think it will otherwise fall outside of the guidelines and I hesitate to upset Dan! But I agree with you, I don't like it as much now it is not on the main board.

Your story about the pearls reminds me I once bought a double string in Hong Kong and was very relieved when I got home and had them valued to find that they were worth about three times what I had paid for them, I also bought two separate strings in Vietnam when we were on the Spirit about five years ago for my Granddaughters when they reached their eighteenth birthdays,(I think ahead sometimes) I did not have them valued but hopefully they were as good a buy as well.

Good luck with the Trivia this time.

If you do be sure to put in date and year.

Keith starts to shake at the thought of the price of them :D

No he doesn't as he always approves of good value for money:D.

I will bring them with me as they are perfect for the Baltics and the UK especially as I can meet Chairsin.

Prunella that is a great story and I know my niece loved her pearls she got when she turned 21. They are just such a classic and always lovely to have.

Julie,

I had forgotten that I had mentioned or Hong Kong pearl shopping -- I am delighted to have been a good influence on you. We will definitely have to wear our HK pearls when we meet up in London. Maybe Mr L has some pearl cuff links he can don for the occasion?

Prunella thank you for stating the roll call thread.I also don't want to run afoul of the CC rules but maybe Dan can bend them a bit ?Dan, what do you think -- can we rename and keep this thread here? ?(I think I voted for moving the roll call threads a few years ago but agree it was probably not a good idea -- just too few SB cruisers to make many of them viable.Just look at how few post on the Luxury form.)

I totally agree leave it here and rename it if possible. I have posted twice on the Roll Call for our cruise in Oct. asking for suggestions,etc. trying to connect with people who will be on the ship and the only two posts are mine!

I am pretty sure the ship is not empty as we had to take a gty. back in Dec. I also doubt that none of the passengers are CC members. My only conclusions are: they don't read Roll Calls ; they don't care to respond to them; they don't want to connect via a Roll Call; they don't want to connect with me!

Maybe people feel freer to communicate with people on posts when they know they don't have an opportunity to meet up with them on the ship--or might feel an obligation to meet up and plan something if they have "chatted" on a Roll Call.

Anyway, if it can be kept here I think more will be shared---just my two bits worth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Archived