Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome!

UKCruiseJeff

Is that some traditional easter fare ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

No .... it is good old British Italian Fayre ... we cook much better pasta than those confused Italians you know ...

One makes a ton of sauce at a time for the freezer and bring it out on lazy days ....

How about some food piccies from your table ..........:)

:D

JEFF,

Can you get a door put on that cupboard to cover up that unsightly wiring?

Will do.

Today is our kebab day. Given up on the salad. S&d five a day. Two cigars and three large brandies ... that'll do it. Plus five Mozart Balls. Voila. ;)

I'm a bit suprised this totally irrlevant thread has had 26,000 hits with nearly 200 in the last few hours or so. ...... I bet you some are from people who say we're on their ignore list! ;):rolleyes: It'd be great if a few more plucked up courage just to say the square root of b$£er all. :D

Trivia is really important in our lives. Important stuff get's in the way far too often. :cool:

7BA5FE94-F315-4CD0-ABF0-3218B62802A5_zpsbjbpgstx.jpg

Edited by UKCruiseJeff
ipad spelling uncorrect

The trouble is Jeff,is that there are some very important people who read this thread in fact they are so important that they dare not post.:rolleyes:

Kebabs and Rioja,good pairing.

Edited by Mr Luxury

The trouble is Jeff,is that there are some very important people who read this thread in fact they are so important that they dare not post.:rolleyes:

Kebabs and Rioja,good pairing.

That Rioja has been a stunning buy .... and a very good "keeper". In fact I have a bottle or two arriving tommorow ... it's on "offer". ;)

P1020757_zps839a81d0.jpg

JEFF,

You love a screw cap don't you?

Where do you store the other eleven months supply?

That's in the larder/cold room. There is one or two racks like that ...:eek:

It's funny how prissy people were when they introduced synthetic cork ... and the experts started to say this is better than cork for most wines or indeed all wines as there will never be deterioration.... and then the same happened with screw cap.

Do you use the red wine aireators?

397A54DF-08E0-4160-BCA9-9979031B7525_zpslrknelw2.jpg

No,there's never any left to keep alive.

Once it's opened,it's dead.

No, it's not for keeping - it's for introducing a lot of air into red wine. You pour the wine through it into a decanter - this creates an air vortex and it it really improves the majority of red wines. The only one I don't use it on are Shiraz varietals.

No, it's not for keeping - it's for introducing a lot of air into red wine. You pour the wine through it into a decanter - this creates an air vortex and it it really improves the majority of red wines. The only one I don't use it on are Shiraz varietals.

I open the bottle well in advance

I just rely on a decanter if it needs it and a few swirls of the glass then deposit it dans le throat

Surprised you don't use a bleedin' straw ...

The aerator is startlingly good. Try it you will be impressed.

I'll try the straw

I presume you blow to aerate the wine then suck to drink it

Brings back memories of a milkshake and childhood

I'll try the straw

I presume you blow to aerate the wine then suck to drink it

Brings back memories of a milkshake and childhood

I know you don't do cheap wines ..... but it definitely makes a £10 bottle into an £20 bottle. Only reds though. Also great for port as it has a fine mesh ..... so it filters as it airs ....:)

I know you don't do cheap wines ..... but it definitely makes a £10 bottle into an £20 bottle. Only reds though. Also great for port as it has a fine mesh ..... so it filters as it airs ....:)

If I'm not careful it will make my £750 bottle taste like a £10 bottle :D

My wife says will it turn lily of the valley into Chanel No 5

If I'm not careful it will make my £750 bottle taste like a £10 bottle :D

My wife says will it turn lily of the valley into Chanel No 5

You'll have to wean her off that Chanel stuff .... I thought she was a sophisticated lady of taste.

So ...... let's have a bit of an SS Destination "Where is the Picture Taken Competition"!

The clues are in the picture ..... ;)

P1000234_zps7671d917.jpg

Italy

Hee hee ....:p I wonder if anyone else is going to play and offer up some piccies?!

Very light tapas style lunch today. Tried Balik Salmon ... totally underwhelemed ... much prefer Formans London Cure .... but then I'm an East-ender. Some nice 24 month Iberico, some "eggs" ;) and some apple sour dough. And a glug.

8F1F98CC-707D-4BF3-82B8-2EA1EF358075_zpsmxvin308.jpg