Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome!

UKCruiseJeff

Since we talked about it earlier, I can report that seats 1A/1K on the United 747 worked out really well for us. The wardrobe in the nose, which appears to be quite large in the seating diagram was only about a foot wide. We could converse quite easily, and my wife much preferred it to sitting next to someone.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app Edited by Mark_K

[quote name='Mark_K']Since we talked about it earlier, I can report that seats 1A/1K on the United 747 worked out really well for us. The wardrobe in the nose, which appears to be quite large in the seating diagram was only about a foot wide. We could converse quite easily, and my wife much preferred it to sitting next to someone.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app[/quote]

Great to see you had some good seats. Our next few bookings to Singapore have all be changed to the new 388s so it's 2K aqnd 3k again for us.

Jeff

[quote name='specialcruisegirl']I was beginning to think we had all fallen asleep on this thread!! :rolleyes:

I fear the diet must be having an adverse effect on Jeff!!

As for my iceberg wedges Mr L....l can report they are most comfortable

Sophia[/quote]

You like those bleedin' iceberg things don't ya. It's just green water ... no? :eek:

[quote name='Mr Luxury']No food pictures from Jeff could mean either he has stuffed himself so much over the past few days that he can't stand the sight of any more food or he has stuffed himself so much that he cannot get up from his bed to operate the computer.
I would not like to think that he has given himself food poisoning :D

Hope the diet goes well for you Jeff

Love Luxury
XX[/quote]

Thanks to you all ......

Just returned back to rainy Hampshire from rainy devon. Left there at 1:30am'ish ..... just over 2 hours .. very slow and wet drive back ... still that got the petrol consumption up to 21 mpg!

Lovely help from the navigator. "Mind the pot holes in this road because you can't see them " "How do I mind the bleedin' potholes in this road if I can't see them?" :confused:

I took one last panorama ... very impressed with ipads ...

[IMG]http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt210/sparkyguts/Travel/80FD9087-3F43-4A4C-8B91-2A009106EC58_zpsj9ayjva6.jpg[/IMG]

No champers or wine for a few days and the diet proper starts today for a few days, Just some ravioli and wild mushroom sauce slopped on a plate on the balcony today .... no peas ... no wine.

[IMG]http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt210/sparkyguts/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-05/5697DCC0-6B67-487C-8C23-F7DC6A30423F_zpsz5upsjpl.jpg[/IMG]

No iceberg wedge today!:rolleyes: steak pie with peas and homemade chips, too busy getting organised for my London trip at the weekend :D

Bad rain here also overnight and showers still on and off.....good luck with the diet Jeff.....I once knew someone who went on a Lambrini diet! :eek:

Sophia :)

[quote name='specialcruisegirl']No iceberg wedge today!:rolleyes: steak pie with peas and homemade chips, too busy getting organised for my London trip at the weekend :D

Bad rain here also overnight and showers still on and off.....good luck with the diet Jeff.....I once knew someone who went on a Lambrini diet! :eek:

Sophia :)[/QUOTE]

Good Morning Sophia,

I'm on a mini diet every few weeks. It's easy to let things creep up so I'm vigilant. Normally means just a week or so every month or so on more thoughtful food and less or no alcohol gets me back to a maximum cruising fully laden weight without this binge dieting nonsense which never works. Don't worry gal, I'll still be identifiable across a crowded supermarket aisle!

Must be careful though. Mustn't lose too much wheight!

When we came back from Devon this morning it was cats and dogs. So I told her to get a spare pair of trousers out so I could change after I packed the car. Silly moo forgot to take my belt out of the old pair. "No probs - nil desperandum" I thought, I'll be sitting down driving. Unluckilly I forgot that I'd have to fill up on the way home, so stopped by a petrol station at around 3 am and forgetting the precarious and risky trouser situation, reached out for the pump and as the hand shot out for super dooper unleaded, the bleedin' trousers started to travel south! :eek:

What do you grab? Anyway, luckily I managed to grab success from the jaws of catastrophe and sensisitivities for all were preserved. Bleedin' moo - holding on to the side of the car, splitting her sides laughing seeing me pumping away whilst holding me trousers up!

What worries me were the security CCTV and the possible joy of seeing meself on youtube .....:( Edited by UKCruiseJeff
ipaditis

[quote name='UKCruiseJeff']...And the diet proper starts today for a few days, Just some ravioli and wild mushroom sauce slopped on a plate on the balcony today .... no peas ... no wine.
[IMG]http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt210/sparkyguts/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-05/5697DCC0-6B67-487C-8C23-F7DC6A30423F_zpsz5upsjpl.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]Ummm... Jeff, that is not a proper meal for a man on a diet. :confused:
Of course, this bit of advice comes from a fat man on a diet to a man of unknown proportions claiming to be on a diet. So, take it with a grain of salt. ;) It's all just a bit of jealousy really as I wish I could eat that on my diet which is in its fifth week.

[quote name='Mr Luxury']You'll have to be careful which tool you put into the petrol tank then.[/quote]

Don't you worry about me ... there's still a tiger in my tank, I just hope it's unleaded! :D

[quote name='Stumblefoot']Ummm... Jeff, that is not a proper meal for a man on a diet. :confused:
Of course, this bit of advice comes from a fat man on a diet to a man of unknown proportions claiming to be on a diet. So, take it with a grain of salt. ;) It's all just a bit of jealousy really as I wish I could eat that on my diet which is in its fifth week.[/quote]

Hiya, that was still Devon on the pre-planned menu rotation ... just drinkypoo-free for the last few days. What is everyone else eating and drinking?

Yesterday we started proper.

Around 400 calories all in .... although less than 400 actually eaten. She really enjoyed it.

[IMG]http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt210/sparkyguts/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-05/43634DCC-F0CF-429A-BC63-7D49F72C86D5_zpsxhnwnotm.jpg[/IMG] Edited by UKCruiseJeff

[quote name='UKCruiseJeff']Don't you worry about me ... there's still a tiger in my tank, I just hope it's unleaded! :D

Hiya, that was still Devon on the pre-planned menu rotation ... just drinkypoo-free for the last few days. What is everyone else eating and drinking?

Yesterday we started proper.

Around 400 calories all in .... although less than 400 actually eaten. She really enjoyed it.

[IMG]http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt210/sparkyguts/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-05/43634DCC-F0CF-429A-BC63-7D49F72C86D5_zpsxhnwnotm.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Jeff
Does your rabbit eat smoked trout and grain mustard with his green stuff?

[quote name='Mr Luxury']Jeff
Does your rabbit eat smoked trout and grain mustard with his green stuff?[/QUOTE]

:D

Yes, I can see it does look like grain mustard. In fact it is just my explorations!

It's red and white quinoa with bulgar wheat, some chopped up char-grilled peppers, sultanas, and I blitzed some raw peanut for some crunch and a very small slug Punta Licosa olive oil with a dot of chilli. I'd been thinking about that combination as a "salad" and tried it and it is actually lovely and sweet and crunchy and interesting,

I'll put some in an envelope if you like!

Hectic day in Yorkieland....pre London soiree! The four legged baby is now relaxing in his doggy hotel complete with in suite TV and Radio, he's been a little sod all morning and in Sterling Moss mode...mad as a box of frogs...now I'm home l miss the little B!

A quick lunch today of hot dogs....have to pace myself for things to come over the weekend! :D
Lunch tomorrow at Oblix with friends....if they manage to get me in the bloody lift!!:rolleyes:

[quote name='specialcruisegirl']Hectic day in Yorkieland....pre London soiree! The four legged baby is now relaxing in his doggy hotel complete with in suite TV and Radio, he's been a little sod all morning and in Sterling Moss mode...mad as a box of frogs...now I'm home l miss the little B!

A quick lunch today of hot dogs....have to pace myself for things to come over the weekend! :D
Lunch tomorrow at Oblix with friends....if they manage to get me in the bloody lift!!:rolleyes:

Sophia :)[/quote]

Enjoy London and report back ... :)

[quote name='UKCruiseJeff']

It's red and white quinoa
[/quote]

Jeff, is your quinoa the red and white one that Waitrose sell, it's in a blue and white pack, ready to eat? If so, what's it like? I got one a couple of months ago but haven't tried it yet as I'm a bit scared of it :D Seriously, wasn't sure how to serve it, had been thinking along the lines of mixing it with spring onions, some feta, bit of avocado and tomato. What do you think?

[quote name='specialcruisegirl']Hectic day in Yorkieland....pre London soiree! The four legged baby is now relaxing in his doggy hotel complete with in suite TV and Radio, he's been a little sod all morning and in Sterling Moss mode...mad as a box of frogs...now I'm home l miss the little B!

Sophia :)[/quote]

Oh Sophia, don't be getting into trouble - or worse - getting any high falutin' ideas while you're in That London :D
I stay up here in the Provinces as much as possible because a trip to That London always spells trouble, usually for the Amex card .
Doggy hotel sounds fab, better than the set up I've got for myself!

[quote name='Ravenscroft']Jeff, is your quinoa the red and white one that Waitrose sell, it's in a blue and white pack, ready to eat? If so, what's it like? I got one a couple of months ago but haven't tried it yet as I'm a bit scared of it :D Seriously, wasn't sure how to serve it, had been thinking along the lines of mixing it with spring onions, some feta, bit of avocado and tomato. What do you think?[/QUOTE]

The pack I have is dry and you boil, and it is a Waitrose pack, I think at around £2.99 a small pack. Having tried it I'm reverting to the plain bulgar wheat which I much prefer, and also prefer the bulgar to couscous. I think the quinoa and bulgar pack is useless.

The mix straight out of the pack and boiled has absolutely no taste whatsoever so it is what you add. I treat it as I would couscous, and so it tends to be a bit Moroccan when I use it. Instinctively what you plan sounds a touch tasteless and dry. What you have sounds like it will sit in the bulgar rather than infuse flavour in the grains if you get my drift. So if for example you roast some onions and peppers and tomatoes in foil to retain juices, cook the quinoa/bulgar and let it full dry - and then mix them all together - and then add what you listed then I think that would improve it. A touch of cinnamon or nutmeg perhaps. Personally I'd leave all the rest out and eat that lot separately or in a salad.

Good luck. Edited by UKCruiseJeff

[quote name='Ravenscroft']Oh Sophia, don't be getting into trouble - or worse - getting any high falutin' ideas while you're in That London :D
I stay up here in the Provinces as much as possible because a trip to That London always spells trouble, usually for the Amex card .
Doggy hotel sounds fab, better than the set up I've got for myself![/QUOTE]

Ha ha....moi getting high falutin' ideas....:rolleyes: the plastic is already quivering in my purse at the thought of being very severely melted and I've had the usual lecture from my daughter....Mother...don't go mad!;)

I love going down for a couple of days but always glad to get back here for the peace and quiet of the countryside with no light pollution!

My vet describes the doggy hotel as the Dogs B's ....and so it should be at £20 a night! But worth it:)

Have a lovely weekend.

[quote name='Ravenscroft']Jeff, is your quinoa the red and white one that Waitrose sell, it's in a blue and white pack, ready to eat? If so, what's it like? I got one a couple of months ago but haven't tried it yet as I'm a bit scared of it :D Seriously, wasn't sure how to serve it, had been thinking along the lines of mixing it with spring onions, some feta, bit of avocado and tomato. What do you think?[/QUOTE]

Throw it away and buy some proper food

[quote name='Ravenscroft']Jeff, is your quinoa the red and white one that Waitrose sell, it's in a blue and white pack, ready to eat? If so, what's it like? I got one a couple of months ago but haven't tried it yet as I'm a bit scared of it :D Seriously, wasn't sure how to serve it, had been thinking along the lines of mixing it with spring onions, some feta, bit of avocado and tomato. What do you think?[/quote]

Thought you'd like to see todays bulgar which I'm mixing with some souvlaki to make a sort of tagine. It's bulgar, with the rest chopped - roasted onion, char grilled peppers, olives, roast peanut, toasted pine nut, sultana, chilli, cinnamon, and sumac. It is lovely and I've binned the quinoa mix. Pure bulgar is so less vulgar.

Are blokes supposed to be obsessed with cooking? Does it make me suspect? ;):eek:

[IMG]http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt210/sparkyguts/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-05/3DFBE4AD-91E7-4212-AE53-1B8A29C52FE4_zpsccvrtnte.jpg[/IMG]