Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome!

UKCruiseJeff

[quote name='UKCruiseJeff']Thought you'd like to see todays bulgar which I'm mixing with some souvlaki to make a sort of tagine. It's bulgar, with the rest chopped - roasted onion, char grilled peppers, olives, roast peanut, toasted pine nut, sultana, chilli, cinnamon, and sumac. It is lovely and I've binned the quinoa mix. Pure bulgar is so less vulgar.

Are blokes supposed to be obsessed with cooking? Does it make me suspect? ;):eek:

[IMG]http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt210/sparkyguts/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-05/3DFBE4AD-91E7-4212-AE53-1B8A29C52FE4_zpsccvrtnte.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

I'm sure I've seen something like this on the pavement outside a nightclub on a Friday night!

Where's the carrots? Edited by Mr Luxury

[quote name='Mr Luxury']I'm sure I've seen something like this on the pavement outside a nightclub on a Friday night!

Where's the carrots?[/QUOTE]

Now that's just sick! :D;)

[quote name='Host Dan']Now that's just sick! :D;)[/QUOTE]

No, he's always bringing something up like that. Mod., he is always suggesting my culinaries are a bit short, but we've never seen his! :eek:

It's bleedin' 'urtful. A bloke 'as felines. :(

[quote name='UKCruiseJeff']No, he's always bringing something up like that. Mod., he is always suggesting my culinaries are a bit short, but we've never seen his! :eek:

It's bleedin' 'urtful. A bloke 'as felines. :([/QUOTE]

Taking pictures of my dinner in a restaurant would be a sure way for me to not get a table again.

I love your food Jeff,so does Heston I show him all of your pictures and he copies the food and sells it for forty quid for a main course.

[quote name='Mr Luxury']Taking pictures of my dinner in a restaurant would be a sure way for me to not get a table again.

I love your food Jeff,so does Heston I show him all of your pictures and he copies the food and sells it for forty quid for a main course.[/QUOTE]

Yes, thought I saw Vomir sur le Trottoir avec Des Carottes at £45 ....:D

[quote name='UKCruiseJeff']Yes, thought I saw Vomir sur le Trottoir avec Des Carottes at £45 ....:D[/QUOTE]

I'm off to the Coach House again this evening for dinner.

Proper food like it used to be with old fashioned service

Just like at your house.:D

[quote name='Mr Luxury']I'm off to the Coach House again this evening for dinner.

Proper food like it used to be with old fashioned service

Just like at your house.:D[/quote]

It's about time you learned how to make yourself some beans on toast and had a night at home with 'er indoors with your feet up watching the TV!

:)

[quote name='UKCruiseJeff']It's about time you learned how to make yourself some beans on toast and had a night at home with 'er indoors with your feet up watching the TV!

:)[/QUOTE]

That's what the staff do while we are out

[quote name='Mr Luxury']I'm sure I've seen something like this on the pavement outside a nightclub on a Friday night!

Where's the carrots?[/QUOTE]If it were Jeff's, it would be peas not carrots.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

[quote name='Mark_K']If it were Jeff's, it would be peas not carrots.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app[/QUOTE]

Poor old Jeff we are always taking the peas out of him.

I wonder what delicacy he has rustled up for his boss today.

I can't eat a thing today as I am still full from dinner last night. Edited by Mr Luxury

[quote name='Mr Luxury']Poor old Jeff we are always taking the peas out of him.

I wonder what delicacy he has rustled up for his boss today.

I can't eat a thing today as I am still full from dinner last night.[/QUOTE]

Well the boss was in the garden doing men's work toay, and I was in the kitchen doing women's work, although I think I have to be careful what I say here because I appeared a few posts back to have sailed close to a political correctness hazard I was previously unaware of and am still now pretty clueless as to what it was exactly. Somewhat edgy of asking. :confused: Live and almost learn!

Lunch was our first day back with a glass of Pecheur, no peas but some home made smoke trout pate. Light lunch as tonight we're having a Chinese delivered. Chinese food that is not a person of Chinese origin.

I guess you had a slab of cow followed by half ton of Yorkshire pudding.

edited: just seen you've not eaten ....
:) Edited by UKCruiseJeff

It's Memorial Day weekend in the states, so we are barbecuing, there will be wild planked salmon, burgers, chicken sausage with apples,chicken sausage with wild mushroom,arugula salad, zucchini crisps with fresh Parmesan and strawberry rhubarb crisp...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[quote name='spinnaker2']It's Memorial Day weekend in the states, so we are barbecuing, there will be wild planked salmon, burgers, chicken sausage with apples,chicken sausage with wild mushroom,arugula salad, zucchini crisps with fresh Parmesan and strawberry rhubarb crisp...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Not all on one plate I hope. :D

[quote name='spinnaker2']Well it would be colorful, but I think not. Struggling with wine choice.

It's never a problem for us .... and Lux wouldn't understand this at all. We have a white, a red, a rose, a champagne and a fino. Just one stage more advanced than my French family who go out to their local village shop with a plastic jerry can and fill up.

I see no real reason for any further confusion.:)

[quote name='spinnaker2']Well it would be colorful, but I think not. Struggling with wine choice.

A lot of Americans that I see on cruises seem to drink Coke with everything or iced tea

You sound upmarket looking for a suitable wine for your cornucopia selection.

A Sauvignon blanc would go with it or a Chablis if you want a drier wine.

[quote name='Mr Luxury']A lot of Americans that I see on cruises seem to drink Coke with everything or iced tea

You sound upmarket looking for a suitable wine for your cornucopia selection.

A Sauvignon blanc would go with it or a Chablis if you want a drier wine.[/QUOTE]

I'd say this is an occasion for beer. Lot's of foaming Pilsner.

[quote name='UKCruiseJeff']Well the boss was in the garden doing men's work toay, and I was in the kitchen doing women's work, although I think I have to be careful what I say here because I appeared a few posts back to have sailed close to a political correctness hazard I was previously unaware of and am still now pretty clueless as to what it was exactly. Somewhat edgy of asking. :confused: Live and almost learn!

Lunch was our first day back with a glass of Pecheur, no peas but some home made smoke trout pate. Light lunch as tonight we're having a Chinese delivered. Chinese food that is not a person of Chinese origin.

I guess you had a slab of cow followed by half ton of Yorkshire pudding.

edited: just seen you've not eaten ....
:)[/QUOTE]

Hello old bean,

I have not eaten as I over indulged in scallops and a terrific lobster Thermidor last night.
I had tortelini with sage and butter for a second course and did not go near the sweet trolley.

I am having a glass of Meursault to try and get an appetitie,who knows what this may lead to.

We drink coke only when we are sick
And it's great for getting battery cables off a battery when they are corroded. Just best not to do so in your driveway...
These holidays involve multiple generations with varied food tastes, so I think I will do the Sauvignon and decant a red as well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[quote name='spinnaker2']We drink coke only when we are sick
And it's great for getting battery cables off a battery when they are corroded. Just best not to do so in your driveway...
These holidays involve multiple generations with varied food tastes, so I think I will do the Sauvignon and decant a red as well

Good call,

After a glass you will develop a taste for it and eventually forget about the food Edited by Mr Luxury

[quote name='Mr Luxury']Hello old bean,

I have not eaten as I over indulged in scallops and a terrific lobster Thermidor last night.
I had tortelini with sage and butter for a second course and did not go near the sweet trolley.

I am having a glass of Meursault to try and get an appetitie,who knows what this may lead to.[/QUOTE]

Lovely.

I'm currently choosing some dessert wine for a lunch we're having here on Wednesday. I was once able to be in a lovely vineyard just outside Vienna early in the morning when it was still dark and frosty, just after the frosts when they were taking off some of the frozen over-sweet grapes to make eiswien and the tasting that followed gave me a real taste for it, but I wish it wasn't so rare here.

Nice to see you enjoying the fruits of the Beaune.

I'm sure you happytite will return.:)