Hawaii Airlines - LAX to Honolulu

Michidoeme

To be safe, pick up a sandwich in the gate area before you board this flight. We are flying BOS, Dallas, onto Honolulu and will be lucky to get a glass of water or coffee gratis. AA considers this a totally domestic flight and sells snacks.

Usually, when you book the flight, there's some notation of what's provided on each flight - beverage service, snack/meal for purchase, but I didn't see anything on the site.

Darcy

If you are referring to "Hawaiian Airlines", you be be offered a complimentary meal, full beverage and snack service, and complimentary tropical alcoholic drink as you approach the islands. Attendants are constantly walking the ailes with water to keep you hydrated. There is also complimentary entertainment system (and for purchase movies) but bring your own headset.

Hawaiian Airlines has been my carrier of choice for the past 7 years.

Yes of course, should have been Hawaiian Airlines. First time we are ever flying with them, therefore glad for any input.

Seem to offer good service and food, that is good news as we booked the cheapest class and was not really expecting this. Tks for info.

As we will be flying from LAX to Honolulu and then immediately onwards to Maui, will we have to pay luggage on both flights or just once ?

Do you also know if we need headphones with 1 or 2 prong plugs ? Maybe I ll just take both.

Yes of course, should have been Hawaiian Airlines. First time we are ever flying with them, therefore glad for any input.

Seem to offer good service and food, that is good news as we booked the cheapest class and was not really expecting this. Tks for info.

As we will be flying from LAX to Honolulu and then immediately onwards to Maui, will we have to pay luggage on both flights or just once ?

Do you also know if we need headphones with 1 or 2 prong plugs ? Maybe I ll just take both.

I have flown Hawaiian Airlines several times from SFO. I flew over this past January, yes I was on cheap ticket (sale $309 round trip). Now to answer your question, if you have two separate flight tickets. Yes, there will be baggage fee for both. But if you have one flight ticket from LAX to OGG (Maui), only one baggage fee applies. I prefer Hawaiian to the others. One you get a meal and flight attendance are nice. So far no baggage problem:) and they are on time:). What more could you ask for??

Headsets are one prong. I fall right into the local mood as soon as I step onto the plane. Everything says Hawaii. One of the highest rated on time airlines. They even push away from the gate early.

Warning though...everyone seems to bring too many carry ons to the plane. Flight attendants will assist you in finding a spot.

Displaced local girl

Since you're flying Hawaiian...just a tip...they are one of the few airlines that allows an upgrade (paid) to first class when you checkin if available..Have done this..can't remember what the cost was but since I did it (for 4 of us) it couldn't have been that much of a jump..might be worth asking about....First class on Hawaiian = excellent.

We are flying BOS, Dallas, onto Honolulu and will be lucky to get a glass of water or coffee gratis. AA considers this a totally domestic flight and sells snacks.

Could it be that AA, UA, DL, AS, etc. consider it a totally domestic flight because that's exactly what it is? Hawaii is part of the US and LAX-HNL distance is very similar to LAX-JFK. Guess I'm wondering why there's a different expectation.

You will be "lucky" as all of the airlines I listed have complimentary water, coffee, juice, and soft drinks just like any of their domestic flights. That said, HA goes a step above the others and your food suggestion to "buy and board" on other airlines is good advice.

Archived