San Fran - pier to airport - Town Car

MLinFL

I've searched these boards to get info on town cars at the pier. I also searched reviews on Yelp. I've called a couple of companies and was surprised at the "waiting time" charges ($1/minute after the first 10 minutes). Since you don't always get off the ship when you plan, this could really add up. Does anyone have actual experience booking a town car at SF pier?

Thanks!

Mary Lou

Thanks, Keith. I did book with Execucar for a 10am pickup. I have no idea where I meet them or how we find each other. Could you share your experience in this regard? Thanks!

Mary Lou

Mary Lou, you are very welcome.

This is what we did.

Once we knew we could disembark the ship I telephoned them that we were heading off the ship to claim the luggage and then to go through customs and the car pulled out right by the curb as you exit the port. They can't just wait there.

So, take the number with you.

I would also call them that morning when you are in port just to double check on everything and call them right before you begin the cruise. Just always good with an car company to double check that all is in order.

Keith

• 2 weeks later...
Just take the BART to/from the airport. Total cost per person (if you include a shot ride on the F line to a BART station) will be under $10 person each way. The BART takes you right to the airport and no hassle.

I don't think the OP is a budget traveler since she is asking about a private car.

I just took Bart with all our bags after a cruise.... do not do this if you have more than a carry on.

Bart gets BUSY and it is hard to get a seat. It is also VERY slow way to get around.

I did have a much longer trip. I was going from SFO to Fremont and this took a little over three hours.. I will NEVER use befor or after a trip.

You must also consider they have been threatening a strike.

The trip to the Airport was with Mr Tims limo service. This was about the best way I have ever traveled to the airport. He was cheaper than a shuttle and WAY more convienient. I have never asked him about being picked up from the criuse terminal but he is into his customer service!

I just took Bart with all our bags after a cruise.... do not do this if you have more than a carry on.

Bart gets BUSY and it is hard to get a seat. It is also VERY slow way to get around.

I did have a much longer trip. I was going from SFO to Fremont and this took a little over three hours.. I will NEVER use befor or after a trip.

You must also consider they have been threatening a strike.

The trip to the Airport was with Mr Tims limo service. This was about the best way I have ever traveled to the airport. He was cheaper than a shuttle and WAY more convienient. I have never asked him about being picked up from the criuse terminal but he is into his customer service!

To each his own i guess. When I was staioned out there i found the highway from downtown to the airport a major pain. To me thr BART is the fastest way around the area. I sit in enough traffic for work...i wont do it on vacation

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

I think you are it right. It really comes down to what each person can do.

I know that when we cruise and with the amount of luggage we have we prefer a private vehicle. For others they might want to use Bart. We wouldn't and we lived in the Bay Area for a few years and I would use them other times but with the amount of luggage we have I wouldn't use them. Again, that is a personal decision and many factors play into that.

Keith

Mary Lou, you are very welcome.

This is what we did.

Once we knew we could disembark the ship I telephoned them that we were heading off the ship to claim the luggage and then to go through customs and the car pulled out right by the curb as you exit the port. They can't just wait there.

So, take the number with you.

I would also call them that morning when you are in port just to double check on everything and call them right before you begin the cruise. Just always good with an car company to double check that all is in order.

Keith

Just a quick follow-up. We did end up calling Execucar and it worked out fine! When we got our bags, I was just getting ready to call them when I got a call and a text from the driver. (For some reason although I saw his call coming in, I could not hear him when I answered, so texting worked great!) We sent a few texts back and forth. He thought we might have to cross the street as he didn't think he could pull up in front of the pier, but they had it set up for pickups, so it wasn't a problem. We were very happy with the service and the price of $60. (The Oceania Regatta, the ship that we were on, was charging $250 for a private car to the airport or into the city!) If you don't want to spend the money, you can take the BART as we saw it all along our route. However, when I am paying $$$ for a nice vacation, I like to continue the "vacation" experience and have someone help me with my bags and also not wait in long lines for busses, cabs, etc. That is just how I feel about it. Everyone has to make their own experience. Happy travels!

Archived