VIP Program

C 2 C

You have to be joking, yet I seem to have missed the smiley-face.

If I get zero perks for being Elite, why would I continue to sail with Celebrity?

Why would those people who are on the levels below Elite even try for status when the sea day count is so high.

I'd get my free drink and some coupons on Royal Caribbean and Azamara and wave goodbye to Celebrity. I will be loyal to the company who appreciates my business. Take away the perks I've enjoyed on many voyages and you forfeit my business.

My feeling is that Celebrity are seeking to reduce numbers in the Lounge to save money and overcrowding. For my part, I [along with many more] hardly ever use the Lounge anyway, as it is too early for a later sitting at Dinner, so it will not be missed. Sipping a Pyrat Cask on the veranda after a shower is a much better option.

Hi, Have read all the hub nub about the VIP changes and have a question. We purchased a suite for the benefits of a suite and yes too loose these benefits because of a policy change would affect the quality of our cruise! The benefits were offered and we purchased..how do you think Celebrity would implement this change? Can they just take the benefits away anytime? As you can tell this is making us nervous. Thanks!

There should be no change from the benefits and perks described on Celebrity's web site. But....and if you've been reading here, it's a big but.....you may or may not get some of the unofficial perks folks report here....that is, you may have difficulty dining for dinner in Blu (that's on a space available basis)...however suite guests are always invited to dine in blu for breakfast; you may or may not be invited to the captain's table, you may or may not be invited to the elite cocktail event each night (that's a ship officer's decision), etc.

As the previous poster said, many [although fewer than there once were] suite "perks" are discretionary.

The advertised suite perks may change between booking and sailing. The clearest example I can give is booking on Infinity and, by the time we sailed, it being the first post-dry-dock cruise and items such as the in-suite PC and CD player being removed. Some advertised perks [e.g. complimentary dining] can be rectified others [i.e. physical items no longer available] cannot.

However, it works the other way too. You may book a suite and new perks be added subsequently. You will receive these extra perks regardless of when you booked.

Things change and you have to go with the flow.

Sue

HAL also charges their top Suite (Neptune Suite) passengers for soda's and alcohol from the mini-bar. The lines that don't are upmarket or luxury.

Reflection suite on Reflection includes minifridge purchases in the package. So 24k for 7 days is well spent!

Archived