Celebrity just called us!

wallie5446

Just hung up the phone after a call from a young Lady from Celebrity reservations. No wonder we are all confused with them, they are confused with theirselves! ( is that a real word )

I called yesterday to add our DD to our Nov sailing, final not due till 9/2. She was able to get the time off to go with us, ( I booked a cabin able to sleep 3 just in case ) She was given some X gift cards, so I called reservations, duh, aha, duh, sorry, we will transfer you to Captains Club rep, duh, aha, duh, we will transfer you to someone else, duh, aha, duh, we need to transfer you to the Gift Card dept, really? Finally got to a wonderful young Lady, Kelly in the Witchita office that handles Gift cards. It took a bit, but she was able to get the DD added, keep our 123, and Feb pricing. She did an out standing job. So now we get the call today asking why we canceled our booking from another reservation rep. I didn't cancel, we added, oh really. She said there is no inter-company cross communication process, what is our new booking number? Duh, aha, why thank you for not canceling your cruise like we thought you did. Boy oh boy is Corporate X a mess.

Just hung up the phone after a call from a young Lady from Celebrity reservations. No wonder we are all confused with them, they are confused with theirselves! ( is that a real word )

I called yesterday to add our DD to our Nov sailing, final not due till 9/2. She was able to get the time off to go with us, ( I booked a cabin able to sleep 3 just in case ) She was given some X gift cards, so I called reservations, duh, aha, duh, sorry, we will transfer you to Captains Club rep, duh, aha, duh, we will transfer you to someone else, duh, aha, duh, we need to transfer you to the Gift Card dept, really? Finally got to a wonderful young Lady, Kelly in the Witchita office that handles Gift cards. It took a bit, but she was able to get the DD added, keep our 123, and Feb pricing. She did an out standing job. So now we get the call today asking why we canceled our booking from another reservation rep. I didn't cancel, we added, oh really. She said there is no inter-company cross communication process, what is our new booking number? Duh, aha, why thank you for not canceling your cruise like we thought you did. Boy oh boy is Corporate X a mess.

My experience with Celebrity gift cards is that only the Gift Card Dept can apply them. And in order to do so, they cancel your original booking and re-establish the booking with the same benefits under a brand new booking number, and then can apply the gift cards. If that's what happened to you, the call is triggered because the original reservation shows as having been cancelled.

I now have a similar situation in which the Gift Card Dept created another booking to apply a gift card, but failed to cancel the old booking. So I have 2 bookings for the same cruise. I wondered if anyone at Celebrity was going to notice but they haven't. I guess I'll have to call them. :rolleyes:

This is what happens when you do not pay a working wage. You have nothing but turnover and the supervisors become nothing but babysitters. Im sorry i wrote it wrong on the first post.

I've read of similar problems in Corporate on many different lines. It seems like each representative has their own interpretation of how to handle things.

And so much of the confusion would be taken care of if the person who added the third passenger to the reservation would just have said "now, this will cancel your original booking and here is your new booking number, with all the perks attached from the first booking and be sure to reference your new booking number from here on". If it is their standard procedure to create a new booking number in these cases, they should tell you so.

And so much of the confusion would be taken care of if the person who added the third passenger to the reservation would just have said "now, this will cancel your original booking and here is your new booking number, with all the perks attached from the first booking and be sure to reference your new booking number from here on". If it is their standard procedure to create a new booking number in these cases, they should tell you so.

Of course. But it doesn't always happen. And sometimes, they just add the new booking without canceling the old one sfter telling you they will check intoit, without calling you back at all. So you end up with 2 bookings for the same cruise.

This is what happens when you do not pay a working wage. You have nothing but turnover and the supervisors become nothing but babysitters. Im sorry i wrote it wrong on the first post.
And what exactly is the pay? Do they get medical benefits? Free vacations? We really don't know what the reason is for poor land based customer service but I suspect it has nothing to do with pay but everything to do with lack of training.

Archived