FOS Lobster Question

TNIris

Does anyone know what night Lobster night is on FOS?

We want to make Chops reservations but don't want to miss Lobster night in Main Dining Room! :D

Thanks!

5th or 6th night depending on Eastern or Western route I think. Its most definitely the second formal night and its part of the "fishermens platter"

Just make reservations for Chops on any night other than the 5th or 6th night and you will be fine.

Do they have the same seafood platter on the Independence of the Seas?

Yes, all ships sailing out of the US on sailings of 5 days or longer will usually have the Fisherman's Plate as a choice on one night.

We were on the RCL Brilliance of the Seas, July 2013, to the Baltic Sea and they required everyone to pay extra for lobster as an optional upgrade in the main dining room on the last formal night if they wanted lobster. Lobster was not offered in the m. d. r. at any other time on our cruise. There was no seafood platter on the menu either. One of the specialty restaurants on board offered it every evening (of course for a fee). We were on a Celebrity cruise to Norway the next month and lobster was offered on the last formal night as they always have.

We were on the RCL Brilliance of the Seas, July 2013, to the Baltic Sea and they required everyone to pay extra for lobster as an optional upgrade in the main dining room on the last formal night if they wanted lobster. Lobster was not offered in the m. d. r. at any other time on our cruise. There was no seafood platter on the menu either. One of the specialty restaurants on board offered it every evening (of course for a fee). We were on a Celebrity cruise to Norway the next month and lobster was offered on the last formal night as they always have.

I dont think RCI offers the fishermens platter or any "included" lobster tails on European cruises.

Looks yummy. But I could eat another dozen shrimp, another tail and about 2 lbs of crab and that would be my seafood PLATTER. HA!

You can ask for more shrimp and lobster and they usually oblige :) Be prepared for the whole plate to come out though, including the extra veggies.

I dont think RCI offers the fishermens platter or any "included" lobster tails on cruises on European cruises.

They don't. And the lobster you pay for is a whole Maine lobster, not just a Caribbean tail. Still kind of sad when my friend in Maine told me last week that whole lobsters were selling for $3.99 per lb. They are $5.99 here in NJ.

$5.99 is still a good deal for whole Lobsters. I just bought 5 (1 1/4 lb) this past weeend for $37.

Yes, it is. Best part is that they will steam them while you shop for free. Just could never bring myself to actually kill one. I'm a woos that way.

Archived