Vow Renewal Ladies

GiselaS

• 1 month later...

TGIF ladies! Any updates to share?

I'm excited. This past week, I have booked my younger cousin (like a "second sister", as in Russian) to join us. She is only 6 years older than our own eldest daughter. She is a first time-cruiser and is a sentimental Tigger of a personality.

Our kids don't know yet about the vow renewal. I have wanted to do it as a surprise. When I shared with her the vow renewal, she responded so sweetly.

Now I have realized that CC is the only place where I have shared our plans. Did anyone else keep their renewal to themselves?

TGIF ladies! Any updates to share?

I'm excited. This past week, I have booked my younger cousin (like a "second sister", as in Russian) to join us. She is only 6 years older than our own eldest daughter. She is a first time-cruiser and is a sentimental Tigger of a personality.

Our kids don't know yet about the vow renewal. I have wanted to do it as a surprise. When I shared with her the vow renewal, she responded so sweetly.

Now I have realized that CC is the only place where I have shared our plans. Did anyone else keep their renewal to themselves?

We have kept our Vow Renewal to ourselves also. The only people that know about it are our friends that are cruising with us because we asked them to join us. Our kids don't even know.

Have a great weekend,

Gerry

We decided to do it on our 40th wedding anniversary and have not told our friends or family. We see a lot of our best friends over the summer and have met up on holiday over several years and will be meeting them again quite soon. They are going on a Russia and Scandinavian cruise in August and will only just be back when we depart for ours. We perpously didn't tell our daughter and husband as they are moving house but will be able to share the surprise when we get back. One other couple on our cruise has the same anniversary as us so we will get back to them on the thread.

I had thought of surprising my wife once on board but from info on the threads realised that this might not have been such a good idea. Enjoy you day with you family.

Graham

• 3 months later...

Well done, Graham to allow your wife time to plan ahead. Thanks for sharing and the Baltics sound wonderful!

Time is nearing for our vow renewal and I am about to cave and let the daughters in on the "secret", so I can do some dress shopping with them. The dress I would have been fine to wear for the renewal is already one I wore on a cruise, but we have it photographed and framed already.

So I came back to CC to keep from spilling the beans and am hoping that some of the previous suggestions here in this thread will keep me tight-lipped!

Edited by LaraTiara

I renewed my vows on the Carnival Breeze 2 weeks ago, and was faced with the same dilemma for my dress, one black and white mermaid that I bought 3 years ago...

I chose to use mine again (I'm so in love with this dress!) but with a veil, some realllly sparkly erings, different makeup, hair accessories.... It can also be done if you don't find another dress :D

Congrats on your renewal!

Wow - I can't believe I found this group. I'm new to CC and was looking for inspiration for cruises in Dec 15 as it is my 50th b'day and we plan to renew or vows on the same holiday. I know I want a cruise but am still debating where - I just know it needs to be hot and sunny!!

We will have been married 20yrs next year and would love to renew or vows on board our chosen ship.

I'm loving reading all your plans and finding out how things turned out on your special day. Any tips would be most welcome but for now I'm having fun and getting ideas. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Happy new year and congrats twolittlebirds on the vow renewal booking.

Just one photo at the moment to share. The photographer was terrific as well.

Was such a special and meaningful event to share our love and commitment after 25 years, with family present. I wish each of you ladies a special renewal in 2015!!

Edited by LaraTiara

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I are renewing our vows on the Norwegian Getaway in February. I will take credit for the idea. This will be our seventh cruise. We've managed to find a cruise where we will be and to renew on our actual 15th anniversary.

We (well, I) have been dealing with the group events desk for the Getaway, rather than the external company. I found the information on the website, and that lead me to the group desk. It's been a while since I started the process, but I think the group desk does renewals and the external company does weddings.

We have the deluxe package so the Captain will do the ceremony. (That was a requirement for my wife.) The group desk sent me sample vows, which we will probably modify a bit. They weren't bad, actually.

Our wedding was on a 60-foot schooner off Key West. So, since we're a little bit larger, we found a bigger ship for the renewal.

My sister-in-law and her husband (who attended the wedding) will be with us. Also, a small party, but not just us.

How do those who have the Captain do the ceremony plan to tip him? Do you?

Kevin

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Cards25 it is our 10th wedding anniversary this June and we have just booked a cruise on NCL Getaway leaving on 31st October. When we got married, I had wanted to get married on a beach in St. Lucia but family circumstances at the time prevented that and we got married at Gretna Green, Scotland. We, too, want to renew our vows on a beach in St. Lucia so I will be following your progress with interest. Really hope that you are successful and have a wonderful vow renewal.

Congratulations, Xriva. I hope that your vow renewal goes well and that you will let us know how it goes. Any photos would be great too.

• 2 weeks later...

ImageUploadedByForums1425432310.502534.jpg.f270345e3548ca9870fdb17a460339e5.jpg

It was a lovely ceremony. Captain Rune was most gracious, and everything actually went as planned - which is not always the way to bet!

We went to the Meet & Greet our first sea day and recognized our assistant hotel director from an earlier cruise. He asked my wife what cabin we were in, and that afternoon, our room was decorated - towel swans, roses, and a bottle of wine. We felt bad moving the swans and cleaning up, but we didn't want to sleep on the floor!

I was very pleased with the ceremony and all the package benefits, it was definitely worth the money in my mind.

ImageUploadedByForums1425432856.630074.jpg.884fd7f61d35f8f53d142de47147030a.jpg

When else will a Captain pour me champagne?

ImageUploadedByForums1425432830.303041.jpg.f6093946a49fd6f51bd9cc5b3937354c.jpg

• 1 month later...

So happy to find this thread! My DH and I are celebrating our 20th anniversary in September and wanted to cruise then but work schedules didn't allow so we are cruising on Carnival Paradise next January. Originally wanted to go with RCCL but their price and itinerary had us looking at other options. I have not booked the Vow Renewal yet. There are 6 of us cruising and might be adding another 3 to 7 if people can arrange.

Reading this thread it seems like Carnival is more flexible on date and location. We were hoping to do it the last day at sea. My DS birthday is the first day at sea and don't want to take away from his fun lol.

Its great to see pictures of your dresses and such. I am wondering if anyone did anything out of the ordinary (not to script) we are hoping to have a hand fasting and write our own vows if possible. Does anyone have copies of their ceremony or let me know what the schedule is like? Can we have someone read a poem or something? Did anyone have flowers and can you post pictures please?

So excited, thanks for the thread

We will be celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary 6/12/15. We are renewing our vows on the Breakaway with our family on our son's aft balcony. I am wearing an embroidered ivory off the shoulder top with ivory crepe ankle pants. Found a headband with pearls and gold seashells, pearl bracelet and earrings. Took me months to put this outfit together, love it. NCL has generic vows which we will use but both my DH and myself will say a few words to each other. Will be bringing our cake topper that we had on our wedding cake, also our champagne glasses that were inscribed with our names and wedding date. Sending my DH earlier to our son's room, I will then get dressed and our son will come and walk me down hallway to their room. They are supplying columns with flowers, cake, champagne, bouquet and music. I have downloaded our wedding song "More" to my iPhone and we will once again dance to it. So so excited, can't you tell.

What is hand fasting?

Hand fasting is basically where you bind your hands together. Traditionally I was told it was the grooms left and the brides right. This was because sometimes the bride was married against her will to someone from another clan and the groom needed his right hand to hold his sword in case he had to fight. (not sure how much is true lol)

My family is from Scotland and it is becoming popular in wedding ceremonies again. If you have ever seen Braveheart it is done in the movie. When I googled it after my Dad suggested we do that at our vow renewal I liked that lots of cultures have used it over the years.

Great idea about the cake topper. Thanks for sharing your ceremony sound wonderful. Hopefully you will post pictures when you come back.

LorraineP your outfit sounds lovely and , as a jewellery maker, I hope you'll post a photo of your headband eventually. We're hoping to renew our vows on a beach in either Aruba or St. Lucia (not decided yet) and I was wondering what to wear. Your outfit sounds great and I can't wait to see it. Have a wonderful time with your family.

Mjhouse2 congratulations on your forthcoming renewal. I'm so looking forward to see your photos too.

Please share photos and ideas.