Sapphire Alaska ?????'s

steve3008

HI,

I have done some research so yes I know if I did some more I could probably answer most of these. But time is running out :).

I am going on the Sapphire 24 aug northbound run. I have never been on Princess before.

On Celebrity and Holland I would not bring my own shampoo on Royal I would. Do I need to bring some?

Is there a special deal for specialty restaurants on embarkation day?

From what I could find the answer is no but I am hoping I am wrong.

Wine packages are not offered on Alaska itns'. Again hoping I am wrong.

Is the sanctuary open on embarkation day? Will they bring you a drink that first day or you need to go get it? I am guessing the weather will preclude the use of the sanctuary area all but the first day.

Can any dinner reservations be made before boarding? Specialty or regular? From what I have found you cannot.

Do they have a special deal where they will wash all that you cram in a bag?

Is it only offered after a certain number of days?

Is it a good idea to book all your dinner reservations as soon as you board?

Obviously I don't have status does being in a min help with dinner reservations? Or you need a full suite to get preference?

On X I found I could just see how the day went and always easily got a table for two if I wanted one. (I do enjoy sharing a table but sometimes its nice to have one for two). My experience on Hal was awful even with a reservation it took over 30 mins sometimes to be seated and this was with no preference on table size. I am traveling with a first time cruiser and I want her to have a good time. So while I don't want to plan every single minute I do want to have memorable dinners. Ideally I am hoping to get a good serving team the first night and stick with them.

Thank for any answers or unsolicited advice...

Steve

HI,

I have done some research so yes I know if I did some more I could probably answer most of these. But time is running out :).

I am going on the Sapphire 24 aug northbound run. I have never been on Princess before.

On Celebrity and Holland I would not bring my own shampoo on Royal I would. Do I need to bring some? There will be little bottles of shampoo in the cabin. You can get more if needed.

Is there a special deal for specialty restaurants on embarkation day? No

From what I could find the answer is no but I am hoping I am wrong.

Wine packages are not offered on Alaska itns'. Again hoping I am wrong.

Is the sanctuary open on embarkation day? Will they bring you a drink that first day or you need to go get it? I am guessing the weather will preclude the use of the sanctuary area all but the first day. It is open for booking for the cruise, but I do not know if you can actually use it that day.

Can any dinner reservations be made before boarding? Specialty or regular? From what I have found you cannot. No

Do they have a special deal where they will wash all that you cram in a bag?

Is it only offered after a certain number of days? Sometimes they do and it is usually only offered on one day if they deo offer it. Watch the Patter (daily newsletter) for it.

Is it a good idea to book all your dinner reservations as soon as you board? Rarely necessary, but not a bad idea. I assume you mean the specialty restaurants.

Obviously I don't have status does being in a min help with dinner reservations? Or you need a full suite to get preference? Yes

On X I found I could just see how the day went and always easily got a table for two if I wanted one. (I do enjoy sharing a table but sometimes its nice to have one for two). My experience on Hal was awful even with a reservation it took over 30 mins sometimes to be seated and this was with no preference on table size. I am traveling with a first time cruiser and I want her to have a good time. So while I don't want to plan every single minute I do want to have memorable dinners. Ideally I am hoping to get a good serving team the first night and stick with them. I assume you are in Anytime dining and not traditional fixed seating. It is like a land restaurant. If too many show up at the same time, there will be a wait.

Thank for any answers or unsolicited advice...

Steve

Enjoy your cruise.

Shampoo is Eucalyptus scented.

Sanctuary is only open for tours and reservations on embarkation day.

No wine packages on the 7 day cruises. You can bring one bottle per person on board free of corkage fee if you consume in your room.

On the Sapphire in 2011 we were able to reserve tables in anytime dining for up to three days in advance. Many other ships have been a day at a time. You can book specialty restaurants for the entire cruise on embarkation day. You should not have a problem booking specialty restaurants on the day you want to dine there. There are very few cruises where Sabatini's or the Crown Grill is fully booked.

The Sapphire is my favorite Princess ship.

We did the Anytime dining which as four restaurants to choose from each evening. (most ships only have 2)

We rotated and loved the variety of the rooms.

They all serve the same menu, but they each have a "specialty" dish that's unique to it.

I've never seen a laundry special for the "bag" thing...but, many have and many use it. I've used the laundrys on board and they are fine. 2.00 to wash and 2.00 to dry. Bring your own soap and laundry sheets or you can buy them in the laundry room. There are irons and boards in each one, if you need to press something.

What the others said. :D

Also, I would book shore excursions now, if you haven't already done it.

Sapphire is a wonderful ship. I think only HAL has that laundry deal. We have used that, and it was great.

We DID book our specialty restaurants as soon as we could, because they fill up. Sabatini's was really nice.

Personally, I don't like the eucalyptus smelling toiletries they offer, but DH did. I also bring my own hairdryer because the ships dryer is not strong enough for my hair.

I also bring my own magnifying make-up mirror. I'm blind without my glasses. :D

Pat

Archived