THIS is why you never fly "day of"

songbird1329

Otherwise known as "my boyfriend is an idiot."

He's the type who packs three days before a trip, prints out his entire itinerary, gets to the airport two hours before his flight.

So why am I having lunch all by myself at the La Guardia Food Court?

We had a friend drive us to the airport. Got the luggage out of the car and walked over to curbside check in.

When asked for ID, I pulled out my passport.

And boyfriend realized his passport was at home.

And he couldn't even check his bags because he didn't have his driver's license.

So two suitcases are on the plane for Miami. Hopefully we, and the rest of our stuff, will be joining those bags.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

Otherwise known as "my boyfriend is an idiot."

He's the type who packs three days before a trip, prints out his entire itinerary, gets to the airport two hours before his flight.

So why am I having lunch all by myself at the La Guardia Food Court?

We had a friend drive us to the airport. Got the luggage out of the car and walked over to curbside check in.

When asked for ID, I pulled out my passport.

And boyfriend realized his passport was at home.

And he couldn't even check his bags because he didn't have his driver's license.

So two suitcases are on the plane for Miami. Hopefully we, and the rest of our stuff, will be joining those bags.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

Oh, wow!

Good thoughts and good luck!:)

This is why I make sure that I have all passports, plane tickets and cruise documents in my hand before we leave the house now. She can have hers back at the airport. We got 20 miles from home on a prior trip before she realized that hers was missing.

That is why I am in charge of all the important stuff :) Even when I travel with my friends I make everyone show me all their paperwork/documents before we hit the road. I am way to paranoid about this messing up my vacation.

Good luck! I hope you are on your way soon.

Now that's a stressful way to start a vacation. Hope you make it in time!!

Does you ship leave today or tomorrow?

Tomorrow.

Last time we cruised, the Valor in 2010, we flew in "day of" and it was very stressful. I won't do that again.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Forums mobile app

say hi to Ben in the piano bar for me. And I'd start drinking heavily right now.

Trust me, there is a drink in my future. A very large drink. Supersized, if possible. Lots and lots of rum.

And "somebody" better be planning to book a massage for me . . .

I wouldn't say this is a day of flight problem, bc as much as I would love to get there the day before most of the the time that isn't an option. Best of luck! I hope everything works out for you!

Whatever you want to call it . . .if the ship were sailing today instead of tomorrow, my attire for the weekend would be an orange jumpsuit and pretty silver handcuffs . . . Not sure what boyfriend would be wearing. I don't think fashion is a priority at the morgue . . .

I have been on 8 cruises and have always flown the day of the cruise.

I have only been on one so far - I flew in on the day of and wished I had come in the day before. the night before the cruise i got off work at 5 pm, went home had to go to the store to pick up last minute items, got home, ate dinner, and attempted to go to sleep --- note that i said attempted... i looked like this most of the night :eek: i had maybe 2 hours of sleep and was too exhausted to really enjoy the first day much

Oh lord bless your heart. I've never forgotten documents as I'm extremely OCD when it comes to flights (although I do fly in the day of when necessary) since at one point or another the airlines have messed me in every conceivable way. I double triple check everything. I even check if I still have everything DURING the flight. It drives my wife nuts.

But I did book our return flight home for our last sea day last year! Sadly didn't realize it until we were disembarking the ship. That was an expensive mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whatever you want to call it . . .if the ship were sailing today instead of tomorrow, my attire for the weekend would be an orange jumpsuit and pretty silver handcuffs . . . Not sure what boyfriend would be wearing. I don't think fashion is a priority at the morgue . . .

LOL - you are keeping a great sense of humor!

He's on his way back to the airport, passport in hand. If we miss this flight the airline will put us on standby for a later flight -- there's one at 5:30 and one at 8:00. Or we can pay a king's ransom and fly at 11:00 tonight.

Archived