THIS is why you never fly "day of"

songbird1329

I have been on 8 cruises and have always flown the day of the cruise.

Wow you must live right :eek: Although we have never had one cancelled had them delayed enough it would have be nervous going the day of. Our last one everyone was on the plane and they found out one tire was to low so they had to change it and we had to change planes in ATL . We were the last 4 in the door as it closed. Yes more than likely we would have caught another flight that night or the next morning but who knows a guy on our roll call got fogged in the next morning he didn't join us until Monday in Cozumel 2 days lost on his cruise. I will NEVER fly in the day of a cruise , not when I can priceline or hotwire hotels for a little bit of nothing in just about every port of call and be there and waiting to get on by 11 and start my cruise. :D:D

Boyfriend's added costs to trip:

1) Massage for girlfriend

2) Higher bar bill (airport, hotel, cruise)

3) Chiropractor bill from sleeping on the sofa or floor

For his part I hope that you make the original flight. Otherwise that cabin will be VERY small for the next couple of days.

Lol that's why I prefer being single. Pretty sure I'd be sleeping on the couch many nights.

Whatever you want to call it . . .if the ship were sailing today instead of tomorrow, my attire for the weekend would be an orange jumpsuit and pretty silver handcuffs . . . Not sure what boyfriend would be wearing. I don't think fashion is a priority at the morgue . . .

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Forums mobile app

LOL....:eek::D

I used to always fly in on the day of the cruise until..........a ship sailed without me. My friend and I flew in on separate flights and she was on the ship. I was in New Orleans. It was not fun. Now, I always fly in early just so I don't have to worry so much.

And we are at the gate. Waiting to board. Looks like there may be another short delay. First time in my life a flight delay made me happy.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

Happy ending to a very exciting Friday afternoon thread. Have a great cruise!

Otherwise known as "my boyfriend is an idiot."

He's the type who packs three days before a trip, prints out his entire itinerary, gets to the airport two hours before his flight.

So why am I having lunch all by myself at the La Guardia Food Court?

We had a friend drive us to the airport. Got the luggage out of the car and walked over to curbside check in.

When asked for ID, I pulled out my passport.

And boyfriend realized his passport was at home.

And he couldn't even check his bags because he didn't have his driver's license.

So two suitcases are on the plane for Miami. Hopefully we, and the rest of our stuff, will be joining those bags.

I do not think flying on the day of the cruise was your problem your BF screwed everything up. I guess he did not check to see if he had all the needed documentation. Before I leave the house for the airport I make sure I have everything needed to fly and get on the ship. Bet that won't happen again.

Last week, flew from jersey to seattle, spent a full day wondering the city, got up in the morning and needed my cc to check the hotel computer for e-mail, guess what. no cc in my wallet!!! Managed to find a bank branch on the way to the ship and had enough in savings to use cash account on board. First time I have forgot anything like that.

Whatever you want to call it . . .if the ship were sailing today instead of tomorrow, my attire for the weekend would be an orange jumpsuit and pretty silver handcuffs . . . Not sure what boyfriend would be wearing. I don't think fashion is a priority at the morgue . . .

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Forums mobile app

LMAO. You owe me a new keyboard!:D:D:D

Hope everything works out for you. Keep your sense of humor, it looks like you'll need it with your BF!:)

I have been on 8 cruises and have always flown the day of the cruise.

I used to fly in the day of and once my suitcase with my shoes, ties, swim suits and other misc items fell off the conveyor in Memphis. I got my suitcase halfway thru my cruise in San Juan. I realized it was best to fly day before and be rested when I got on the ship. Dennis

OH NO!! I always fly/drive the day before a cruise just in case! I hope your boyfriend made the flight and you all have a wonderful cruise!

I am taking a cruise from Maryland and leaving the day before just in case because even with driving you never know!

P.S. I always check triple check to make sure I have all my documents & ID!

Happy Cruising!

Wow, he's VERY lucky and you're VERY tolerant. I'd have been on the flight without him had his forgetfulness caused him to miss it.

I was just asking myself if I would wait for hubby if he forgot his papers. But, being the controlling OCD person that I am, I am always the one that holds everyone's passports so I don't have to fret about them misplacing them.

I know you're mostly joking about being upset with him, but I'd give him a bit of grace. If you're together for any length of time, you will screw up something similar, and he'll remember how you treated him when he forgot his passport for the cruise, and he'll treat you likewise :eek:. Besides, it's no fun to be upset on your cruise. Glad it looks like y'all are going to make it :).

God (hope saying that isn't against the rules) is working on your behalf.

And we are at the gate. Waiting to board. Looks like there may be another short delay. First time in my life a flight delay made me happy.

Sometimes the delays come when you need them! :) So glad you guys made your flight, but be glad you're in a major city/airport where you had later flight options. I've been in smaller airports/cities where I missed a flight (earlier than yours) and there was nothing else til the next day! :eek:

Hope you two have a wonderful cruise and leave this mistake at the port at sailaway ;)

Twice flew to San Juan the day of the cruise - after the last time I'll never do that again. I was flying down from Augusta, GA and dd and my friend were flying out of Chicago. I get to San Juan airport and look around, call - no dd or df. So off I go to the terminal to wait thinking perhaps I missed them at the airport. Once at the terminal I check in and find that they have not checked in - ooooh now I'm a little nervous thinking they missed their flight. :confused: I don't want to board the ship without them so I continue to wait, then I'm pacing and with each bus that pulls up to off load cruisers I'm scanning the crowd - no dd or df :eek: I've been waiting for 2 hrs and about to go total freak out mode with they finally stagger off the bus looking like heck. They were starting to freak out too - seems someone on their flight had a heart attack and the PLANE HAD TO TURN AROUND, made an emergency landing in Miami that sent was fast and hard it sent articles flying through the air. Whew - they barely made. Now I live in Florida and can drive but I'm always there early - you never know when you could have that flat tire on Alligator Alley!

We're flying in the same day as the cruise. This is why we always carry trip insurance - no worries. We keep all of our papers in one folder so we know where everything is. For our cruise to Hawaii in November we get to drive, and we carry trip insurance for that trip as well. We've never hit a snag yet.:rolleyes:

With 99 day until our cruise, all documents are printed and transferred as PDF's to our phones and iPads. The printed papers are in a notebook with our passports. Copies of the passports are in the notebook along with scans also on our phones and iPads.

Call me OCD s well.

Now I live in Florida and can drive but I'm always there early - you never know when you could have that flat tire on Alligator Alley!

Glad the OP made her flight.

Except for one cruise in 2000 from San Juan, we've always flown in the day before because I like to get an extra day of vacation. We've had delays caused by snow storms, closed bridges, and planes with mechanical issues but we haven't missed the ship yet. No that I've said that, I have to say that you've given me something else to worry about - flat tires! Never thought of that happening.

That sucks. This is why I carry all passports' date=' plane tickets, cruise documents, etc. I am the only one anal enough not to forget![/quote']

Now Now DW use to think the same way. Then one trip we got to Cinn. Airport to make our connecting flight. She had put the tickects in her checked bag. Thinks to computers they were able to reprint them at the gate.

Archived