THIS is why you never fly "day of"

songbird1329

With 99 day until our cruise, all documents are printed and transferred as PDF's to our phones and iPads. The printed papers are in a notebook with our passports. Copies of the passports are in the notebook along with scans also on our phones and iPads.

Call me OCD s well.

OOHHH I love the pdf on the phone idea that is genius!! :D

LMAO. You owe me a new keyboard!:D:D:D

Hope everything works out for you. Keep your sense of humor, it looks like you'll need it with your BF!:)

Me too! OMG that was an excellent post :D

I am so paranoid about forgetting something when we're leaving for a cruise. I have a list of everything that I need to pack and a folder for all documents. The top of the list is passports, documents and money. Then all of the clothing items and toiletries. We go over the list together out loud at least a few times before leaving the house.

Glad there is a "happy" ending here.

We once arrived at the airport only to learn DW had forgotten her prescription drugs. We had plenty of time to catch the flight after the scramble back home. And...I never called her an idiot. ;)

I have been on 11 cruises and NEVER fly the day of. Too risky...

I know that all those who book air through Carnival are flown the day of the cruise, so whether I book through Carnival or on my own, I have always flown the day of the cruise. I also buy the insurance.

I carry my passport in a pouch with a lanyard around my neck. I also have xerox copies in my suitcase, my backpack, and a pdf on my phone. My drivers license and credit card are also in the pouch. Copy of drivers license in suitcase, backpack and pdf on phone. One spare credit card is in my backpack. Just call me OCD queen.

Wow you must live right :eek: Although we have never had one cancelled had them delayed enough it would have be nervous going the day of. Our last one everyone was on the plane and they found out one tire was to low so they had to change it and we had to change planes in ATL . We were the last 4 in the door as it closed. Yes more than likely we would have caught another flight that night or the next morning but who knows a guy on our roll call got fogged in the next morning he didn't join us until Monday in Cozumel 2 days lost on his cruise. I will NEVER fly in the day of a cruise , not when I can priceline or hotwire hotels for a little bit of nothing in just about every port of call and be there and waiting to get on by 11 and start my cruise. :D:D

For one of our cruises we booked air to San Juan through Carnival and did not get there till a half hour before the ship departed. It was great walking into an empty terminal with no lines. I hate lines.

Otherwise known as "my boyfriend is an idiot."

He's the type who packs three days before a trip, prints out his entire itinerary, gets to the airport two hours before his flight.

So why am I having lunch all by myself at the La Guardia Food Court?

We had a friend drive us to the airport. Got the luggage out of the car and walked over to curbside check in.

When asked for ID, I pulled out my passport.

And boyfriend realized his passport was at home.

And he couldn't even check his bags because he didn't have his driver's license.

At least he remembered when the flight was. :rolleyes:

Twice flew to San Juan the day of the cruise - after the last time I'll never do that again. I was flying down from Augusta, GA and dd and my friend were flying out of Chicago. I get to San Juan airport and look around, call - no dd or df. So off I go to the terminal to wait thinking perhaps I missed them at the airport. Once at the terminal I check in and find that they have not checked in - ooooh now I'm a little nervous thinking they missed their flight. :confused: I don't want to board the ship without them so I continue to wait, then I'm pacing and with each bus that pulls up to off load cruisers I'm scanning the crowd - no dd or df :eek: I've been waiting for 2 hrs and about to go total freak out mode with they finally stagger off the bus looking like heck. They were starting to freak out too - seems someone on their flight had a heart attack and the PLANE HAD TO TURN AROUND, made an emergency landing in Miami that sent was fast and hard it sent articles flying through the air. Whew - they barely made. Now I live in Florida and can drive but I'm always there early - you never know when you could have that flat tire on Alligator Alley!

We had a flat tire before:mad: but made it to Miami got everyone drop off (there was 25) than we drove to drop cars off could not find the off site parking:mad: finally found it, got back to port was filling out health forms for my kids and husband and I set my MIL's bag full of medicine down(she was very sick from cancer) got to the counter when I realized I didn't have the bag(I think I was having my picture taking:eek: that is what I looked like) so I was running around looking for the bag I am sure they were not going to let me on the ship that is how crazy I was acting when an employee came up to me and said is this the bag? YES it was. got on the ship than see my SIL sitting having a drink and says what is wrong with you come have a drink with me? well I did almost end up in jail that day:eek: so now even though we live in FL I try to go the day before because you never know

How young is Mister Giddy?

Never marry a "man" less than 30 yrs. old.

You'll be getting a boy.

Mr. Giddy is 55 and has children in their 20's. In his own words, "I can't believe I did that. You know I'm OCD about these things."

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

I hope your BF does not read CC due to you insulting him on a public forum.:eek:

If I was dating you and knew what you said about me on here you would be gone!:p

That's just me.:D

As stated earlier people make mistakes.:cool:

He doesn't read here. But my calling him an "idiot" is nothing compared to what he called himself.

Glad you guys made your flight.

I'm sure your original post calling boyfriend an idiot was said as a joke, right? This is in response to Luke's post above.

Luke takes things far too seriously.

Otherwise known as "my boyfriend is an idiot."

He's the type who packs three days before a trip, prints out his entire itinerary, gets to the airport two hours before his flight.

So why am I having lunch all by myself at the La Guardia Food Court?

We had a friend drive us to the airport. Got the luggage out of the car and walked over to curbside check in.

When asked for ID, I pulled out my passport.

And boyfriend realized his passport was at home.

And he couldn't even check his bags because he didn't have his driver's license.

So two suitcases are on the plane for Miami. Hopefully we, and the rest of our stuff, will be joining those bags.

So sorry, Hope it all turns out ok. Have a Great cruise! (going for optimistic!)

Whatever you want to call it . . .if the ship were sailing today instead of tomorrow, my attire for the weekend would be an orange jumpsuit and pretty silver handcuffs . . . Not sure what boyfriend would be wearing. I don't think fashion is a priority at the morgue . . .

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Forums mobile app

I am so glad everything worked out for you. I just had to tell you how hard I laughed when I read this post. Too cute. Now you can stay out of the "Big House." :D Enjoy your cruise.

Confession time. About 10 years ago, my wife and I were taking our kids and a nephew and niece on an Alaskan cruise. Flew from San Antonio to Seattle and then drove to Vancouver for 2 extra days before the cruise. I was the one charged with gathering all the luggage and piling it on the cart at SeaTac and then loading it in the van.

Well, two days later, on the day of the cruise, I'm gathering out luggage for the port and grab the hanging bag with the formal dresses. Hmmm, I notice it has another name on it. "Why is this ladies name on our bag," I ask?? Yep, it wasn't our bag, I had grabbed the wrong one. Call to Southwest and they have been looking for me. I send the bag back to Seattle on a Celebrity shuttle that morning. Our bag has to be sent to a future port. It arrives on the next to last day of the cruise.

My sweet wife has never let me live that one down.

I hope your BF does not read CC due to you insulting him on a public forum.:eek:

If I was dating you and knew what you said about me on here you would be gone!:p

That's just me.:D

As stated earlier people make mistakes.:cool:

Dont be an idiot and she wouldn't have to call you one. Haha

Whatever you want to call it . . .if the ship were sailing today instead of tomorrow, my attire for the weekend would be an orange jumpsuit and pretty silver handcuffs . . . Not sure what boyfriend would be wearing. I don't think fashion is a priority at the morgue . . .

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Forums mobile app

:D LOL!

Glad it worked out well. I hope you have a great cruise!

Archived