Fall 2013 Season of DWTS Formal Gowns and more

KandCsailing

Just got a chance to watch online. . .

I can see why people might prefer Spooky Bom Bom. . . but, I have to say I think the reason that Foxing Awesome won with the judges and also in my opinion is because of the brilliance of that choreography. During the package segment when they said the song was What Does The Fox Say, I was like. . . how do you even dance to that? The fact that each of those nonsense noises was translated into a cohesive dance was just downright brilliant in my book. That was no easy feat at all! I ended up watching it about 4 times.

Other thoughts. . . Amber killed that Paso, and I did not at all care for Elizabeth's frame. Her right arm was continually getting behind her on her changes of direction, when she should have been sending her energy and hand forward into Val's. Haha that's an issue that I continually struggle with myself when dancing Smooth.

Did not care for Brooks dress , reminded me of Morticia Adams , the whole see through thing was overdone. I was not a fan of Snookie , but I do think the wrong person went home, his fan base is bigger I guess. I also liked the Spooky Bom Bom group dance better, my daughter said that as well, but I am not a dancer so it might have been the technical points were more for The Fox group. I have watched the "What does the Fox say " youtube before , it is pretty funny , not my choice of music , but definitely different. I think Amber really does well. And I agree about Elizabeths eyes, my daughter mentioned that a couple weeks ago already. Elizabeth can't help that , but it is noticiable isn't it.

We will see what happens next week , should be interesting.

Cori

Brooke's dress was a beautifully shaped mermaid dress, very "form-fitting" - I'm assuming she had some nude lining underneath the shear parts. Not my fave.

I'm ok with Snookie going home. How come nobody here ever comments on Corbin? I think he's my favorite, even though he does have the most experience. I dunno...

I do like Corbin, but I also think he has quite an advantage (several of the others do too) as he has had extensive dance experience. He is a great dancer and seems underrated to me, but perhaps the judges also have some bias towards true novices.

I was ok with Nicole going home, she wasn't going to win anyway, but she was not the worst dancer left. I had been surprised how likable and nice she seemed, given her reputation, but I also think perhaps her true colors showed up when she was eliminated. She was not happy and showed it--much more like the Snookie we've seen before.

Yes I agree, which is why I can't completely get on the Corbin band wagon. Even though he's the best dancer, he has too much of an advantage. That happens alot on this show. Nicole Schwar...., Derik's partner one year, had a huge advantage and won. It's really fun to see a non-dancer succeed and win, as long as they dance the best. The year Mario Lopez was on, even though he was the best dancer, he came in second to a much more charming football player who wasn't the best dancer. Again, I dunno. Do you go by talent or charm?

Me too!

Me too! It just isn't fair to put up someone who dances against someone who has never even tried. Not a fair contest....:(

Keep it fair..Only stars that never danced at all should be allowed to enter. It is not a popularity contest..

JMHO..

PS Time for Leah to leave. She is by far one of the worst....and I like her.....:)

Me too! It just isn't fair to put up someone who dances against someone who has never even tried. Not a fair contest....:(

Keep it fair..Only stars that never danced at all should be allowed to enter. It is not a popularity contest..

JMHO..

PS Time for Leah to leave. She is by far one of the worst....and I like her.....:)

I agree, but I wonder if they perhaps have quite a bit of trouble coming up with *stars* who will agree to come on the show. Quite a few are either completely unknown by me, or barely known. I'm not sure why a current, real, star would even consider it.

It does take quite a commitment of time and energy to compete, as well as possible humiliation of dancing poorly and/or being eliminated early.

I agree, but I wonder if they perhaps have quite a bit of trouble coming up with *stars* who will agree to come on the show. Quite a few are either completely unknown by me, or barely known. I'm not sure why a current, real, star would even consider it.

It does take quite a commitment of time and energy to compete, as well as possible humiliation of dancing poorly and/or being eliminated early.

Hi,:) I totally agree with you and I haven't watched 30 minutes total

this entire season:rolleyes:....I don't think I have missed much at all.

In my opinion, no "real stars" have been on the show in years.

What did everybody think of Brooke's gold dress last night? I just Googled the show results and saw a glimps of Brooke in a gold dress. I'll watch the show tonight.

Not happy about who was sent home. There are at least three others who should have gone before him (in my opinion).

I'm trying to care about the show this year, it's just so difficult. But I still watch. Afterall, it's just entertainment.

What did everybody think of Brooke's gold dress last night? I just Googled the show results and saw a glimps of Brooke in a gold dress. I'll watch the show tonight.

Not happy about who was sent home. There are at least three others who should have gone before him (in my opinion).

I'm trying to care about the show this year, it's just so difficult. But I still watch. Afterall, it's just entertainment.

I wish he had stayed. I really liked him and I don't even watch that tv show.

Brooke's dress was nice I thought except for the line going up the front. I know that was a continuation of the neckline, but I didn't like it. I liked the part on the neck. What did you think of her dress?

Wasn't crazy about any dances last night, but Bill's first disco made me smile and Elizabeth's Jazz routine was my least favorite.

I like Amber but I can't figure out why the judges go ga-ga for her dancing.

Can you imagine if someone wore Elizabeth's outfit on a cruise? :eek::eek::eek:

I didn't understand why they scored Amber so high. I thought it was her weakest dance yet. Maybe she was resting her knees but she usually puts a lot more into it.

Elizabeth looked like she borrowed a catsuit from J Lo's concerts. She was in the audience with her boy toy again; maybe she needed the outfit back.

I thought it was strange that Amber wasn't wearing her knee support for the Rumba after her saying that she had a tear and had been to the doctor.

I liked Brooke's entire look tonight, though the straps across the chest were distracting. It was fun to see Cher (frozen face and all) and hear her comments and music.

It was not right that Brant went home--he probably just doesn't have much fan base--I still am not sure who he is; I guess stars on Pretty Little Liars, which I've never watched. But, he is a much better dancer than several others, and he got robbed in the dance off, in my opinion, which is probably what got him sent home.

I hated Elizabeth's out fit too.

Edit to say; sorry for being snarky about Cher--that was uncalled for; we're about the same age and I wish I looked as good as she does! I'm sure if my career depending on looking young, I'd be going the botox and surgery route too.

Edited by Nebr.cruiser

Brant was on Army Wives, playing the son of one of the generals. He had a very small part and was on for less than a season.

Every time I see Elisabeth dancing, her moves remind me of the moves she did as a stripper/pole dancer in Showgirls.

Loved Leah's gown and thought it would look lovely on a cruise.

Well,

Once again DWTS has utterly galled me. The popularity contest aspect of it is utterly disgusting. I'm sick of people who can actually dance be sent home so that others who get more votes stay on. Speaking on the dancing aspect of it, from the perspective as a hardcore competitor it's a joke that Bob Engvall (sp) wasn't sent home weeks ago. I could make a case that Leah should also be gone. Christina Milan and Brant, particularly, should still be on the show.

While not as utterly ridiculous as Sabrina and Louis being sent home, Brant was one of the four best dancers in this season's lineup. Yes, he still needed to improve but Bob Engvall still being in the competition and Brant being out is absolutely disgusting.

Man, I really, really hate this show sometimes.

Well,

Once again DWTS has utterly galled me. The popularity contest aspect of it is utterly disgusting. I'm sick of people who can actually dance be sent home so that others who get more votes stay on. Speaking on the dancing aspect of it, from the perspective as a hardcore competitor it's a joke that Bob Engvall (sp) wasn't sent home weeks ago. I could make a case that Leah should also be gone. Christina Milan and Brant, particularly, should still be on the show.

While not as utterly ridiculous as Sabrina and Louis being sent home, Brant was one of the four best dancers in this season's lineup. Yes, he still needed to improve but Bob Engvall still being in the competition and Brant being out is absolutely disgusting.

Hi,:) I mentioned this earlier as I have not been following the show

this season (I watched every year prior). I am not a dancer. Have

you been watching it previously? The reason I ask is...I understand

your frustration but want to make you sure you realize it is the "voting

base".......whatever the judges do or don't do.......it is the votes.

I am a bit of a cynic when it comes to all reality shows.....and I am

posting the same thing I have said for all these years, so it is not

anything new but I think (just my opinion) I do think part of it is

fixed. I don't know what part but I think something is known that

we, the audience don't know about.

Anyway, just wanted to reply to you:)...hope you are ok;)

Well,

I agree completely. It's nice to know a real dancer's perspective. I think even Bill himself feels bad that he is still there while others aren't. I mean, I like him too, but it should be about the dancing. Although in some cases, especially this year, certain dancers have way too much experience for it to be really fair.

I also liked Brookes gown , it is one of the nicer ones this season. I think the wrong person when home again , I like Bill, but he is not the dancer that most the others are, but like Lois said , it is the voters that are keeping him there. I really don't have a big favorite , but I just can't seem to like Elizabeth, why , I can't say , just does not do it for me. Amber is doing pretty well, but I don't think this week was her best dances. I think that Corbin has a big advantage over the others, and for that matter Elizabeth as well, they both have experience, so it is not a level playing field to begin with. I DVR it so I can watch it later, so I fast forward a bit when it get slow. Have a good week all.l

Cori

Wow Cori, I agree with everything you said, lol. Everything! :p

Kerri, I did like Brooke's dress, once I finally watched the show and saw the entire thing. I agree with you about that seam going down the front. I loved Leah's dress - made for "real" women and definately could see it on a cruise.

Remember - the best dancer usually doesn't win. Sigh.

I do agree with Lois about the show being "fixed" or set up to a certain extent. But what galls me the most is having one or two who are really great dancers with training, and the rest who are rather klutzy. Personally, I would much prefer to see all the contestants with equal talent, or lack thereof, who compete on the basis of who progresses the most each week. I would find that much more interesting than having a show with 10 untalented and two ringers.

I do agree with Lois about the show being "fixed" or set up to a certain extent. But what galls me the most is having one or two who are really great dancers with training, and the rest who are rather klutzy. Personally, I would much prefer to see all the contestants with equal talent, or lack thereof, who compete on the basis of who progresses the most each week. I would find that much more interesting than having a show with 10 untalented and two ringers.

I agree completely.

Cori

The threesome dance off is great fun. But again, the "ringer" did the best. Loved Elizabeth's gown for the waltz. And I really liked how Leah and her two guys did a take off on the judging panel. Really liked Amber's triple dance and feel bad for her injury.

Carrie Ann's flapper style dress is beautiful and the beading is amazing. Brooke's dress is ok, pretty nondescript.