Pre-cruise stay

jacobrobert

So am I understanding you correctly that when you book the hotel through O that the cost includes the air deviation fees, and the transfers from the airport to hotel, then hotel to cruise port?

Or am I reading something into what you said that's not there?

I called O today about deviation for our flights to Miami and from Barcelona for our April cruise. I plan to book my own hotel. I did expect the consultant to mention their hotel, transfers etc but she did not, and I forgot to ask. I am wondering if it is possible that bundling those together by O might be close in price to my paying deviation, hotel, and transfers separately?

So am I understanding you correctly that when you book the hotel through O that the cost includes the air deviation fees, and the transfers from the airport to hotel, then hotel to cruise port?

That is how it worked when we took the hotel package

I called O today about deviation for our flights to Miami and from Barcelona for our April cruise. I plan to book my own hotel. I did expect the consultant to mention their hotel, transfers etc but she did not, and I forgot to ask. I am wondering if it is possible that bundling those together by O might be close in price to my paying deviation, hotel, and transfers separately?

Deviation fee is $150 pp

Taxi to the hotel maybe $30 per taxi from MIA to downtown Miami

Taxi to the port from hotel $10-15 per taxi

Hotel is the wild card

We booked the Holiday Inn in March & it was around $200 for 2 people

So if you can do the bundling with O for around $550 for 2 then you are ahead of the game

Not sure what O is charging for a hotel package in Miami or how upscale you need to stay in

Price out both options then decide

Deviation fee is $150 pp

Taxi to the hotel maybe $30 per taxi from MIA to downtown Miami

Taxi to the port from hotel $10-15 per taxi

Hotel is the wild card

We booked the Holiday Inn in March & it was around $200 for 2 people

So if you can do the bundling with O for around $550 for 2 then you are ahead of the game

Not sure what O is charging for a hotel package in Miami or how upscale you need to stay in

Price out both options then decide

Thanks! I did just that, and with the ridiculous price O charges for a hotel ($349 per person!) it was much to my benefit to take the deviation and do my own hotel, transfers, etc. All taken care of. Thanks for the advice!

Thanks! I did just that, and with the ridiculous price O charges for a hotel ($349 per person!) it was much to my benefit to take the deviation and do my own hotel, transfers, etc. All taken care of. Thanks for the advice!

There may be some places where the hotel package work but Miami is not one of them

Glad you got it sorted

Lyn

Was this hotel charge for a Miami or a Barcelona hotel (or both)?

Just Miami.

Wow!

$700 a night for a hotel in Miami - plus a couple of (inexpensive) transfers; this compared to $199 air credit?

I tried hard but couldn't find a hotel for that price on a random date in April (your cruise). The closest was Four Seasons at $589 followed by Mandarin Oriental at $399 and Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove at $349 (granted, the executive 1 bdrm suite was $750 as was the RC in Key Biscayne).

Something tells me O is not using any of these hotels; if they are, then it could be a good deal at Four Seasons :)

Caveat emptor.

Wow!

$700 a night for a hotel in Miami - plus a couple of (inexpensive) transfers; this compared to $199 air credit?

:)

Caveat emptor.

Paul

They are using the Marriott Biscayne Bay & the JW Marriott Marquis

I am happy to use a less expensive hotel like the Holiday Inn or Hampton Inn

I do not need to buy the place just sleep there ;)

Paul

They are using the Marriott Biscayne Bay & the JW Marriott Marquis

I am happy to use a less expensive hotel like the Holiday Inn or Hampton Inn

I do not need to buy the place just sleep there ;)

The best site to get a price for a hotel in Miami, is Priceline, where you bid yourself..I have gotten some fabulous deals for Miami bidding on line..

Jancruz1

We got an excellent hotel in Miami using lastminutetravel.com I have used them for other locations, too. I was able to figure out the name of the hotel from the genreal location and the name of the restaurant that was in the hotel. You can't always do this, but this time I could. There are usually pictures to look at of the rooms etc.

Just another resource available to check. I'm retired and I like to research so I don't mind spending the time.

Just booked the Intercontinental Miami and got a Bay View Executive room with breakfast for a great rate. Called the reservations at the hotel itself and got a rate not shown on the internet. Can't wait to watch Regatta come into port.

Good for you. Enjoy the hotel and your cruise!

• 1 month later...

Is it possible to book one's own air and yet purchase the pre-hotel package? Also, can you purchase a transfer from ship to airport if you are not using Oceania air nor staying post-cruise? Is the pre-cruise hotel priced per person or for the room? I've read both here on this thread. Thank you.

Is it possible to book one's own air and yet purchase the pre-hotel package? Also, can you purchase a transfer from ship to airport if you are not using Oceania air nor staying post-cruise? Is the pre-cruise hotel priced per person or for the room? I've read both here on this thread. Thank you.

Trying my best to be accurate.

I don't think I've been aware of anyone doing their own air and yet purchasing the pre-hotel package. I don't see why you couldn't. But in that case, I would just book that hotel on my own. It costs a lot less. (If you don't use O's air you will have to pay your own way to the hotel.)

You can purchase a transfer from the ship to the airport. They will send around a form asking what your post-cruise plans are -- going to the airport? independent traveler? Staying in town? At that time you will have the opportunity to book a ship transfer.

It used to be that hotel prices were all quoted per person but recently I found one cruise where they specified that it was per room. And yet, last night I was checking out pre-cruise hotels for a cruise next year and it appeared to be quoting per person again. So you just have to read carefully.

If you go to Oceania's website you can find the cruise and then click on "hotels" to find out what hotels they are using and how much they cost.

For example, the Majestic in Barcelona for the September London-Barcelona cruise is shown as costing per person $399 for 1 night, $698 for 2 nights and $957 for 3 nights. Look at the notes below the price quotes to see whether they are charging per person or not.

Mura

Archived