May 23-30, 2014 Bermuda weather

glm7777

So I'm freaking out just a little bit. Someone mentioned that the weather will not be warm enough in Bermuda and on the ship to go to the beach or swim in the pool!! Is this true??? We are used to vacationing in Florida so the thought of the weather not being warm enough for swimming never even crossed our minds! we are sailing out of Boston. What do you all think??

So I'm freaking out just a little bit. Someone mentioned that the weather will not be warm enough in Bermuda and on the ship to go to the beach or swim in the pool!! Is this true??? We are used to vacationing in Florida so the thought of the weather not being warm enough for swimming never even crossed our minds! we are sailing out of Boston. What do you all think??

.....the farther you travel south the warmer it gets. Bermuda is about even with the Carolinas, so their weather should be close to that of Bermuda.

:)

Hope this helps.

wasiii

The air temp may be good for your trip. [or it could be chilly] May is an iffy month.

But, the water will be cool. Water temps do not change as quickly as land air temps. [ie. slower to warm in spring and slower to cool in the fall] We have visited in mid-June and late October. The water was warmer in late October. It did not stop us from swimming. But--just be aware.

May waters are chilly....even the locals do not go in the water.

BUT...as someone else stated, what is chilly for me, may be fine for you.

I have been there in:

April freezing waters

May Chilly

June Getting warmer (able to swim)

September Bath water.....heaven

October Also pretty decent.

Bermuda's weather is on par with the Carolinas and I live in SC. May is usually too cold for swimming in our beaches for most people from around here. You could bring a wet suit maybe.... The good thing is, it won't be too hot or humid to walk around, lie on the beach, etc. We went to Bermuda the first part of June our last trip and felt the water was too cool for the most part. That did not keep some from our family out of it though!

debbie

Archived