Cruise Insurance

kittycrusin08

We usually buy insurance through Carnival but want to try something different since we are going on a B/2B in December. Any recommendations of a good company at a reasonable price? I have looked at the multi-search sites but am more confused now than before I looked. Any advise would be appreciated. ;)

Not sure which multi-search sites you looked at but many cruisers on here prefer insure my trip. I compare the three sites below and have usually preferred trip insurance store and on cruise schedule for March 2014 went with Travel Safe, through Trip Insurance Store, ymmv

http://www.insuremytrip.com/

http://www.tripinsurancestore.com/get-a-quote.php

http://www.squaremouth.com/

We always get trip insurance but we get it through our TA. She compares prices with Carnival and other companies and finds the best deal for us. I'm not at home at the moment or I could tell you the name of the company we're using this time. I'll try to think to look when I get back and let you know.

I also use insuremytrip.com to do comparisons amongst the different insurance companies and plans. I've purchased policies from these three companies for my cruises over the past few years:

HTH Worldwide

Travel Insured

Global Alert!

They've priced out the best for me balanced with the coverage they provide. Luckily I've never actually had to file a claim, so I don't know how it is from that perspective.

I use insuremytrip.com and always seem to end up selecting TravelGuard Gold because it most closely meets our needs and is affordable (I think half of what the cruise line charges). I have read good reviews about them but hope I never have to use it (knock wood).

We are doing a b2b on the breeze in September and we used travel guard it was the best deal and beat coverage as best price..... For the b2b with travel gaurd they allowed us to get one policy then other companies wanted us to get two

We usually buy insurance through Carnival but want to try something different since we are going on a B/2B in December. Any recommendations of a good company at a reasonable price? I have looked at the multi-search sites but am more confused now than before I looked. Any advise would be appreciated. ;)

If you have a major credit card, ie. American Express, Master Card, Visa, etc..., give them a call to see what they cover and who they deal with as an underwriter for trip

insurance.

We've been happy with TravelGuard and we usually buy the gold policy. You can go to insuremytrip.com and check out the various plans. It can be overwhelming. I heard here that Carnival trip insurance wasn't that good.

We have had excellent service from Steve at tripinsurancestore.com.

Each time we have used his company, they have been extremely helpful on the phone. We did have to file a claim two years ago because my husband was hospitalized for three weeks only four days before our scheduled cruise. Steve and his representatives were again, very helpful.

The company is small with only 4 or 5 employees so they get to know you over time. I highly suggest you take a look at their website and call them.

I emailed Steve last night about 6:00 (Sunday,) with a question about a newly booked cruise, and I had a personal response from him by 8:30 last night. That is service !

Each time we have used his company, they have been extremely helpful on the phone. We did have to file a claim two years ago because my husband was hospitalized for three weeks only four days before our scheduled cruise. Steve and his representatives were again, very helpful.

The company is small with only 4 or 5 employees so they get to know you over time. I highly suggest you take a look at their website and call them.

I emailed Steve last night about 6:00 (Sunday,) with a question about a newly booked cruise, and I had a personal response from him by 8:30 last night. That is service !

Absolutely agree with you 100%. We use tripinsurancestore for all our travel insurance and have always been completely satisfied. Steve and his reps are all very knowledgeable and helpful. They work with you to get the best coverage for your particular needs. So far we have always gotten TravelSafe insurance thru them as we like the good coverage amounts. Definitely give them a call.....good luck and happy cruising.

We have experienced the same great service from Tripinsurancestore.

Guest maddycat
Not sure which multi-search sites you looked at but many cruisers on here prefer insure my trip. I compare the three sites below and have usually preferred trip insurance store and on cruise schedule for March 2014 went with Travel Safe, through Trip Insurance Store, ymmv

http://www.insuremytrip.com/

http://www.tripinsurancestore.com/get-a-quote.php

http://www.squaremouth.com/

I agree. I've been buying our cruise insurance through the Trip Insurance Store for a while now. Their site is very informative and easy to understand. If I have any questions I call and speak to one of their agents. They are very knowledgeable and helpful. Lately I've been buying Travel Safe insurance. It's primary coverage. I purchase it with in 21 days of booking a cruise so that pre-existing medical conditions are covered.

I agree. I've been buying our cruise insurance through the Trip Insurance Store for a while now. Their site is very informative and easy to understand. If I have any questions I call and speak to one of their agents. They are very knowledgeable and helpful. Lately I've been buying Travel Safe insurance. It's primary coverage. I purchase it with in 21 days of booking a cruise so that pre-existing medical conditions are covered.

Another recommendation for tripinsurancestore!

I use insuremytrip.com and always seem to end up selecting TravelGuard Gold because it most closely meets our needs and is affordable (I think half of what the cruise line charges). I have read good reviews about them but hope I never have to use it (knock wood).

I too have used Travel Guard Gold and have it for our October cruise. But never read the "fine print" as I was thinking about cancellation coverage if we had to cancel the cruise; not if the cruise line cancelled the cruise.

As I read tbe policy, Travel Guard Gold does not cover your costs if the cruise line cancels the cruise as Celebrity has recently done or Carnival with the Triump. Presumably this isn't covered because the cruise lines refund the fares, but you could still be out $$ for non-refundable air, prepaid rental cars, hotels pre& post cruise, third party tours , etc.

Archived