"A selection of wines by the glass...."?

Tarpeian Rock

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/beveragepackages/

What's a "noble" wine (i.e., what was referred to as "port" in the bar menu)?

Asking because

Antinori Vin Santo del Chianti Classico DOC, Tuscany, Italy

was removed from the "Reds" list but added to the "Late-harvest & Fortified Noble Wines" list and wondering if this was a mistake.:confused:

Now....who can tell me if the bars on board stock Aperol?? I've developed a taste for Aperol Spritzes during this stressful thread :D

I was wondering the very same thing! This is a favorite of my husband's with the classic orange slice and an olive. There are lots of other choices' date=' though, and we very much appreciate that the list was posted. Adding to the pleasure, Sam Adams is now offered! Good news here even without the P-J.[/color']

Kathy

I would like to thank O's team in Southampton for the professional and courteous manner in which they responded to my recent query regarding this matter. I gave up reading the thread...

They explained the changes which were being made together with the inclusion of a real champagne and sent me the link which sets out the full list, which DOES appears to be more inclusive than before.

Thank you for the SWIFT clarification, faith has been restored.....

PSC

Attended a wedding in Sonoma, CA this last weekend and used open time Saturday morning to zip up to Geyserville to visit our favorite winery for a tasting. Yummmmm.

While there, got the idea to see if they could ship a case of our favorites to BCN straight to the ship. Said they could and sent me the cost this morning and asking for the delivery address.

Called Oceania, L--O--N--G hold. But the answer I was given, nicely I admit, was that passengers were allowed a maximum of 3 bottles per cabin carry-on. Told'em thanks, a lot.

Thought briefly about shippin' 3 bottles each to BCN, Tangiers, Azores & Bermuda but decided that was just too much sugar for a dime.

Sigh, mumble, mumble, mumble.

JMBobB :(

B.S. Gawd must luv Englishmen an' me cuz we all drink G&T.

I am surprised because while we have never brought on more than a bottle or two of wine, many people here have posted that they brought a case or two on board with no problem. Perhaps headquarters doesn't know how the procedure really works on the ships. Still, I wouldn't risk it either without official authorization!

Suggestion: email Frank del Rio and see if his staff can't answer your question. You certainly don't want to risk shipping wine that won't get on board. But it may well be that you can.

Good luck!

Mura

• 2 weeks later...
Off Regatta Aug 22nd. Perrier Jouët was not on the list of wines by the glass and so not part of any drinks package.

As per a sommelier it has not been on the list, and not part of the Prestige Beverage Package, for at least the two months since he has been on-board that ship.

We read many posts on CC regarding the inclusion of Perrier Jouët. We decided to purchases the package in advance of the cruise and was looking forward to celebrating being on board on sail-away with a glass of Perrier Jouët. It was not available.

If it was supposed available as per "the people who wrote the Beverage Package policies" then Regatta did not get the memo. It was a disappointment but after a couple of 'Caesers' (YES! they had Clamato on-board! (though US made and sweeter) I managed to survive. :)

We boarded Regatta on August 22 in San Francisco, the day you got off. We prefer higher end wines (and no other alcohol) so chose NOT to get the package. However, friends on board did purchase the $54.95/day package and asked us about P-J since it was most definitely part of the package.

Same ship, same crew, practically the same day - different answers

We boarded Regatta on August 22 in San Francisco, the day you got off. We prefer higher end wines (and no other alcohol) so chose NOT to get the package. However, friends on board did purchase the $54.95/day package and asked us about P-J since it was most definitely part of the package.

Same ship, same crew, practically the same day - different answers

Let's face it, things like that CAN happen when the employees who are administering a complicated project are separated by Time, Tide and Geography, but none of that matters a wisp anymore, as Oceania has spelled out practically every aspect of both Packages here:

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/beveragepackages/

You must admit, it is an exceedingly complete reference...:D

• 2 weeks later...
We will update our website next week to provide a comprehensive list of what is included in the beverage package. Some information in the interim...the package has always included all of the wines offered by the glass on any menu in any of the onboard venues. It also includes top shelf spirits such as Bombay Sapphire, Ketel One and Grey Goose. Congacs, such as Remy Martin XO, are also included. There is also a selection of champagnes which has never included Perrier Jouet. We will provide the full list on our website next week at which point everyone will be equipped with the necessary information to make an informed decision on whether to purchase a beverage package, request a refund, OR to sail on another line that includes Perrier Jouet in their package. Cheers.

KSK

We are frequent cruisers on O, and I appreciate all the comments and associated with confusion about what is and is not included in the drink package. What I find appalling is the president's comment about choosing another line. That is atrocious!

This should be used in business school as a perfect example of how not to lead. How will this impact all the staff? I've been in the service industry for over 30 years, and seen over and over again how poor leadership trickles down.

This may in fact be the beginning to the end for great service on O, UNLESS Mr. Kamlani is schooled on how to properly treat his customers.

Until I hear differently, all future cruises will not be on O!

The point in your reply was missed. I wasn't commenting on the drink packages, it was about Mr.*Kumlani's response to choose a different cruise line if they weren't happy.*

I just wonder how Mr.*Kumlani would handle an escalated complaint where a crew member faced with a dissatisfied passenger didn't apologize, but just stated the policy, and added they were free to choose another cruise line. *How would any of us feel about that? *I'm certain that crew member would be counseled. As should he!

Also, his 'Cheers' at the end was a total blow off!

The point in your reply was missed. I wasn't commenting on the drink packages, it was about Mr.*Kumlani's response to choose a different cruise line if they weren't happy.*

I just wonder how Mr.*Kumlani would handle an escalated complaint where a crew member faced with a dissatisfied passenger didn't apologize, but just stated the policy, and added they were free to choose another cruise line. *How would any of us feel about that? *I'm certain that crew member would be counseled. As should he!

Also, his 'Cheers' at the end was a total blow off!

Well, okay, his statement was a bit impolitic. He probably had a bad day. I personally am cutting him some slack. FDR has done worse in the past.

Well, okay, his statement was a bit impolitic. He probably had a bad day. I personally am cutting him some slack. FDR has done worse in the past.

Wendy,

He is the President of Oceania, PCH, and Regent. Even if he had a bad day that is not something the President should say. And, if fdr also says things like that, it seems to be a systemic problem within PCA and their cruise lines and an indication that they truly don't care about keeping customers and believe that can keep filling their ships by bringing in new customers.

The fact that they either don't respond to customer letters or respond with a flat no to deserved compensation or provide minimal compensation is an indication of the culture of the company and the nasty response fits that culture.

The fact that they either don't respond to customer letters or respond with a flat no to deserved compensation or provide minimal compensation is an indication of the culture of the company and the nasty response fits that culture.

Come on Dave, what are they supposed to do if the Customers request for compensation is completely without merit?

There are some people out there who would ask Abbott for Costello :cool:

You look and I'll whistle :rolleyes:

Come on Dave, what are they supposed to do if the Customers request for compensation is completely without merit?

There are some people out there who would ask Abbott for Costello :cool:

You look and I'll whistle :rolleyes:

You are absolutely correct about requests completely without merit. The problem is they treat almost all requests including those with complete merit with the same lack of response or compensation not commensurate with the severity of the issue.

You ask for Curly and I'll ask for Moe :p

The problem is they treat almost all requests including those with complete merit with the same lack of response or compensation not commensurate with the severity of the issue

Your response leaves me with two questions.

Are you making these statements based on some as yet unrevealed knowledge regarding complaints made to Oceania and how they are resolved; or have you made a sufficient number of complaints, so that, you personally may ascertain the percentages?

All I can add is that at the suggestion of another poster, I emailed Mr. delRio on Sept. 17th regarding a shipping address for a case of wine to the Riviera in Barcelona. My email was very polite yet to date I haven't received a response. Not even a boiler-plate turn down.

I expect better of a cruise line like Oceana. :(

JMBobB

All I can add is that at the suggestion of another poster, I emailed Mr. delRio on Sept. 17th regarding a shipping address for a case of wine to the Riviera in Barcelona. My email was very polite yet to date I haven't received a response. Not even a boiler-plate turn down.

JMBobB

Did you call Oceania and ask who you should direct your email to? While Messrs. Del Rio and Kamlani are more responsive than most CEO's and cruise line Presidents, I would imagine that it would be impossible to respond to all inquiries/requests from their passengers. They probably pass these questions on to the department that deals with the issue.

By simply posting on this thread, Mr. Del Rio is now aware that your inquiry has not been responded to and will no doubt follow up.

JMBobB

I remember when it was suggested that you contact Mr. Del Rio about this, and thought that it was a mistake to try to involve him even then.

The address of your Embarkation Terminal, as well as the Port Agent and their telephone number are supplied on Page 4 of the Final Documents Brochure.

Provided that the package(s) to be shipped meet the Security Requirements of the local authorities, that should be all the information that is needed. :)

Your response leaves me with two questions.

Are you making these statements based on some as yet unrevealed knowledge regarding complaints made to Oceania and how they are resolved; or have you made a sufficient number of complaints, so that, you personally may ascertain the percentages?

Since the management of Oceania, Regent, and PCH is basically the same am basing my response on actual history of a number of issue we have had with the companies, comments from fellow passengers on board and the number of unresolved complaints on both Regent and Oceania boards as well as the extremely few comments saying people received acceptable responses to issues. Since it is said that CC represents approx. 5% of the actual people cruising, that extrapolates to 20 times the number of complaints and compliments. From this I extrapolated my comment and firmly believe it to be true.

While there are people who are happy with PCH and their cruise lines, the number of unhappy people appears to be increasing as time goes on.

While there are people who are happy with PCH and their cruise lines, the number of unhappy people appears to be increasing as time goes on.

Yes, and fortunately that poor benighted minority have complete freedom to......dare I say it?.....choose another Cruise Line.

Around and around we go, I wonder that you don't find such a constant harangue to be exhausting.

I am curious,though, if you don't care for the manner in which PCH et al handle their affairs, why DO you continue to sail with them?

Or do you?? :cool:

Archived