Breakfast Room Service Times?

corpkid

We are heading to the Baltics day after tomorrow sailing on Marina (our first O cruise and trip to that region - YAY!). That said, while in SPB for 3 days, we will be taking a tour to Moscow and have to meet the guide on the pier very early (6am) to catch the train after returning from a late night (read: we will be zombies). We were hoping to grab a little something in the room (coffee, juice and some fruit perhaps?) while getting ready to head out. Can we order room service for the ungodly hour of 5am, and can that be breakfast stuff? We understand that as "measly" B4 cabin dwellers we are only offered continental breakfast, so that's not really my question - it's just the timing of such. Thanks!

We are heading to the Baltics day after tomorrow sailing on Marina (our first O cruise and trip to that region - YAY!). That said, while in SPB for 3 days, we will be taking a tour to Moscow and have to meet the guide on the pier very early (6am) to catch the train after returning from a late night (read: we will be zombies). We were hoping to grab a little something in the room (coffee, juice and some fruit perhaps?) while getting ready to head out. Can we order room service for the ungodly hour of 5am, and can that be breakfast stuff? We understand that as "measly" B4 cabin dwellers we are only offered continental breakfast, so that's not really my question - it's just the timing of such. Thanks!

Just make sure you let them know beforehand....chocolate croissants are always nice:D

Thanks - we are pretty simple for breakfast when on the run... COFFEE(!), cereal, some milk and perhaps fruit and juice and we are good to go. I'll make sure I inform room service early the day ahead that we need this at 5am while we take turns showering and getting ready. We don't get back to the ship until almost midnight the night before as we have a ballet in St. Petersburg (after a whole day tour and dinner mind you), then up and at 'em for Moscow the next day to meet the guide at 6am for our 7am Sapsan train ride. Needless to say, COFFEE! :) The Baltics is not what we consider a "relaxing" cruise! :rolleyes:

Thanks - we are pretty simple for breakfast when on the run... COFFEE(!), cereal, some milk and perhaps fruit and juice and we are good to go. I'll make sure I inform room service early the day ahead that we need this at 5am while we take turns showering and getting ready. We don't get back to the ship until almost midnight the night before as we have a ballet in St. Petersburg (after a whole day tour and dinner mind you), then up and at 'em for Moscow the next day to meet the guide at 6am for our 7am Sapsan train ride. Needless to say, COFFEE! :) The Baltics is not what we consider a "relaxing" cruise! :rolleyes:

Have a wonderful trip. We loved our time in the Baltics and no it is not relaxing at all but a most wonderful experience. We had one sea day going thru Kiel Canal....got up once, took a peek at surroundings and went back to bed...we were exhausted. I envy you right now:)

We found it worked well to order a room service breakfast on days we had to head out early. Just be sure to fill out the room service ticket and put it in holder outside your room by the deadline. If you don't see the order forms, ask your steward for the forms. BTW, we loved our tour with SPB - a young tour guide named Alexandra (Sacha).

WE were in a PH on the same cruise recently and the Butler brought us breakfast (cooked and reasonably hot) at 5.30 am.

He was quite happy to do this and said we could get it at any time.

Brian

That only works for those people with a butler :rolleyes:

Not true. Everybody on the ship gets 24/7 room service excepting on the very last morning of the cruise when you do need a butler to get breakfast in your room.

Well i guess if you order something that is not a breakfast item you can get something COOKED & hot from room service in the other cabins

Well i guess if you order something that is not a breakfast item you can get something COOKED & hot from room service in the other cabins

Not ALL of the other cabins have that problem, only those below Concierge level-

So, if you have made that particular bed, please lie in it......:cool:

On the O class ships there is a pretty complete cold breakfast buffet in Horizons. Not sure exactly when it is put out but believe it is pretty early.

Many of the ships officers were there having coffe and a pastry while doing paperwork.

As I remember they had hot beverages, juice, pastries, bagels, etc and fruit.

In some ways faster than room service if all you need, like us, is caffeine and some food and are willing to serve yourselves.

Not as complete as room service breakfast but pretty close for regular level cabins.

Not true. Everybody on the ship gets 24/7 room service excepting on the very last morning of the cruise when you do need a butler to get breakfast in your room.

No, we were in a PH with a butler and quite definitely were not able to get room service breakfast on the last morning. The breakfast menu cards were always displayed on the bed when we came back from dinner but not on the last night. (There were a couple of unused breakfast cards in the drawer and these were removed as well.)

In fact that was one of the very few things we were unhappy with that the butler or housekeeping had gone through the drawers to remove these, as we had other papers in there that we had kept along with other bits and pieces. Nothing of any value but I didn't think it appropriate that they should go into the drawers while you were still in residence. But I imagine they wanted to make sure we did not even try to order room service breakfast on that last morning!

We asked our butler and he confirmed, no room service breakfast that last morning.

As it turned out, we went down for breakfast to the GDR and we met up with some of our new "best friends", so were able to say goodbye again, and it was a lovely leisurely way to end the cruise as we were all packed up and ready to leave before we went down.

No, we were in a PH with a butler and quite definitely were not able to get room service breakfast on the last morning. The breakfast menu cards were always displayed on the bed when we came back from dinner but not on the last night. (There were a couple of unused breakfast cards in the drawer and these were removed as well.)

In fact that was one of the very few things we were unhappy with that the butler or housekeeping had gone through the drawers to remove these, as we had other papers in there that we had kept along with other bits and pieces. Nothing of any value but I didn't think it appropriate that they should go into the drawers while you were still in residence. But I imagine they wanted to make sure we did not even try to order room service breakfast on that last morning!

We asked our butler and he confirmed, no room service breakfast that last morning.

As it turned out, we went down for breakfast to the GDR and we met up with some of our new "best friends", so were able to say goodbye again, and it was a lovely leisurely way to end the cruise as we were all packed up and ready to leave before we went down.

I guess ours was more accomodating.

Brian

The same has happened to us on our last two trips in a PH.

On asking, about any kind of service in the cabin on disembarkation day we were told "no", nothing is provided.

On Marina, our "butler" was a superb gentleman throughout our trip and brought us some pastries and coffee, that was perfect for us, even though we just asked for coffee.

On our last trip on Regatta, coffee on that last morning was delivered without question.

(Just remember to ask them to put an couple of espresso shots in the pot, it's pretty weak stuff...!)

Archived