SY vs SB

wally8

Just curious. On the Zuiderdam, are the Neptune suites that much better than the SY suites? This will be our first cruise on HAL and have an SC gty yet am thinking of going to an SY and save the money. Thanks, Bob from TX

Just curious. On the Zuiderdam, are the Neptune suites that much better than the SY suites? This will be our first cruise on HAL and have an SC gty yet am thinking of going to an SY and save the money. Thanks, Bob from TX

For us there's no comparison, Neptune Suites are worth it to us. Our one SS, now called Vista Suites (?), was OK but we went back to Neptune Suites.

The SY is a smaller cabin but still larger than a standard verandah.

It does not have many of the benefits that go with the Neptune Suites though (SC guarantee).

It's a matter of if the extra space and verandah size appeals to you along with the other advantages that go with the Neptune Suites.

I humbly agree with Randy. Queen size bed vs king size to start. But the major difference is not just the larger cabin and balcony, it is all the other "perks" you get with the Neptune Suite. Our favorites are the free laundry (less to pack) and the private Pinnacle Grill breakfast each day. YES, we are spoiled.:):)

Can I assume the SA Suite is the Neptune ?

BK

Yes. On the Zuiderdam Neptune Suites are also coded as Category SA, SB, or SC. Within reason they're all pretty much the same, though the aft suites have huge verandahs and a little less cabin space, except for location.

For me there's no comparison, but I like (and use) many of the perks connected with the Neptune suites, including the services of the concierge, the Neptune Lounge, and breakfast in the Pinnacle.

Roz

The bottom dollar is money, how much are you saving? I think Neptune is overrated but nice for coffee, free laundry is nice but you can have a bag done for 20 dollars. We normaly book the SY/SS cabin and then might look for upsell to sa/sb/sc .

We were given an upsell offer from an SY to an SA that we couldn't refuse on our last cruise. Yes, the space is wonderful, the goodies in the Neptune Lounge, ditto. Breakfast in the PG is one thing my mom would have missed this go round. But, priority check in and never never never ever having to go to the front desk was the cherry on the whipped cream on the sundae for me. On the last morning, I had to have an adjustment made to the bill (they had failed to take off the cost of a PG dinner that we canceled) and the NL concierge fixed it for me in minutes. Later, when I saw the line at the front desk, I became a convert.

I am another Neptune Suite fan. The cabin space is nice but it's the perks that make me keep coming back and booking the Neptune Suites. I love the free laundry, the priority boarding and the concierge. Maganab was correct; the concierge alone can save you lots of time and stress by being able to do anything you need without having to wait at the front desk. I want a nice, relaxing, stress-free vacation.

We had an SC I think and had the corner aft suite, the balcony was the largest I have seen. I remember thinking I would like to redo a Panama Canal cruise with the views that would be available from that cabin

We enjoyed some of the perks, mainly free laundry. The seller for us was the huge aft corner balcony. The other perks weren't that important. If we couldn't book the corner, we would probably book a lower category and spend the extra on excursions.

The Pinnacle breakfast never was the draw for us, but the Neptune Lounge light breakfast choices and snacks were the features I liked the most - pay more to get less food doesn't sound like a deal, but it was. Only cruise I did not gain weight because, I was able to pick much smaller portions when ever I wanted them.

No lines, hassles, larger servings/temptations at the Lido, trying to find a table, saving a table etc. etc. The Neptune Lounge offerings were just the right amount of something small and yummy, with good variety throughout the day so that was my favorite Neptune perk which I miss the most.

Just a quick trip down the hall to the NL and then back to the cabin or verandah to enjoy spending time in a Neptune Suite even more.

The Pinnacle breakfast never was the draw for us, but the Neptune Lounge light breakfast choices and snacks were the features I liked the most - pay more to get less food doesn't sound like a deal, but it was. Only cruise I did not gain weight because, I was able to pick much smaller portions when ever I wanted them.

No lines, hassles, larger servings/temptations at the Lido, trying to find a table, saving a table etc. etc. The Neptune Lounge offerings were just the right amount of something small and yummy, with good variety throughout the day so that was my favorite Neptune perk which I miss the most.

Just a quick trip down the hall to the NL and then back to the cabin or verandah to enjoy spending time in a Neptune Suite even more.

That is a big draw for us -- especially after our last Neptune lounge with very, very few offerings.

I keep telling myself that DH's favorite Pinnacle Grill breakfast is a luxury we can do without. But then, I remember how he has loved that perk when we have been in a Suite. We are in the process of planning a couple of cruises now - and I'm still wavering on what cabin category to book. :( Decisions, decisions . . .

I keep telling myself that DH's favorite Pinnacle Grill breakfast is a luxury we can do without. But then, I remember how he has loved that perk when we have been in a Suite. We are in the process of planning a couple of cruises now - and I'm still wavering on what cabin category to book. :( Decisions, decisions . . .

I just took an upsell from an SY to an SB for my Alaska cruise, and the deciding factor was breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill!

That is a big draw for us -- especially after our last Neptune lounge with very, very few offerings.

Please can you give more details about what changed?

Neptune Lounge breakfast offerings as I remember them were continental breakfast type offerings - coffee, juice, fruit, lox and cream cheese, cured meats and other cheeses, variety of fresh baked rolls and my favorite - the yogurt/granola parfait.

Archived