Tuscan Grille Wine List - Daughter's Wedding on Constellation 2/14

gillyE

I wonder if someone would do me a huge favour. My daughter is getting married on the Constellation in February 2014 and the reception/dinner is going to be in the Tuscan Grille (we have bought out the restaurant for the entire evening). Because there is no bar in the Tuscan Grille, we are having to put together a limited drinks menu which will include a red, white and rose wine, prosecco and champagne (as well as cocktails, spirits etc). We need a full list of the wines/champagne available in the Tuscan Grille. If anyone has the chance and would be kind enough, could you please photograph the menu and e-mail it to me after your trip ... gillyelf at gmail.com (gillyelf@gmail.com). Thank you so much.

I wonder if someone would do me a huge favour. My daughter is getting married on the Constellation in February 2014 and the reception/dinner is going to be in the Tuscan Grille (we have bought out the restaurant for the entire evening). Because there is no bar in the Tuscan Grille, we are having to put together a limited drinks menu which will include a red, white and rose wine, prosecco and champagne (as well as cocktails, spirits etc). We need a full list of the wines/champagne available in the Tuscan Grille. If anyone has the chance and would be kind enough, could you please photograph the menu and e-mail it to me after your trip ... gillyelf at gmail.com (gillyelf@gmail.com). Thank you so much.

I would suggest that you contact Celebrity directly. One would assume that if you have the Tuscan Grille reserved for the entire evening that someone at Celebrity would be able to assist you with this request. Wines are interchangeable from any of the venues so you should not have any issues at all. Perhaps speaking with the Special Events Coordinator prior to the wedding would be a wise decision. This is the person who should be able to answer your questions, give suggestions, etc., etc.

Good luck....let us know how you make out with this request.

And, best wishes to the happy couple.

Here's what I have (from 2012 Constellation TA)

Hope this helps

Wine list 2012.doc

I do not have an answer to your question, but I do have a question for you if possible. Do you mind if I ask how much it was to buy the restaurant out for the evening? We are having our wedding and reception at the Tuscan Grille as well and haven't considered this option, we have currently got a reservation for about 60.

Edited by CCMS14

I'm emailing you some lists. I have them online but the file server at Comcast is out of service right now so the links won't work.

I'm sure Celebrity would allow you to select wines and beverages from any bottles available on board and that you wouldn't be limited to the Tuscan wine list.

I'm sure Celebrity would allow you to select wines and beverages from any bottles available on board and that you wouldn't be limited to the Tuscan wine list.

Correct. Even a regular reservation can order wine off the regular menu. We did that twice on our last sailing. The first night we ordered a nice Shiraz off the main dining room wine list and the second night we ordered a wine that was only available in Cellar Masters. Both times it was no problem.

Thank you all so much for your help, input and good wishes.

CCMS14 - We worked with our travel agent who is handling the group booking to buy out the Tuscan Grille. Celebrity told us they usually serve 100 people on the first night so we had to pay 100 people's cover charge even though our group is probably maximum 50 people. Our travel agent managed to get us a small discount. We also had to pay a drinks minimum. We just figured it was worth the money to have the restaurant all to ourselves. When are you getting married? Which ship? Are you working with TWE? We have found them to be amazing so far :)

rubens and Lsimon - thanks for sending the lists. We want to put together a limited wine/champagne menu rather than allow the guests to choose from the entire list. That way we can somewhat keep a check on cost. Don't want people ordering $700 bottles of champagne lol.

Welland - we are working with both TWE (The Wedding Experience who Celebrity outsource weddings to) and our travel agent and both have requested the wine/champagne menu but so far it hasn't been forthcoming. So I thought I'd ask the great people on cruisecritic to help and they have :)

Thanks again everyone :) and happy sailing.

We have had such an amazing experience with TWE, she has been so good every step of the way. Answering quickly and always dealing with my odd middle of the night worries. We are getting married on the Reflection in February. I will have to contact the specialty restaurant contact we have and look into buying it out. We are at 60 people right now, a lot of whom have beverage packages.

Thank you so much for the info! I can't wait to hear how it went for you!

CCMS14 - Your wedding might be before my daughter's. What date is yours? Are you getting married day of embarkation or during the cruise. Are 60 people sailing with you? Is the captain marrying you? I'm glad you're having a good experience with TWE... we had our reservations at first due to some reviews, but they've been really great. May be you should swap ideas with my daughter. She's currently choosing her bouquet and flower arrangements etc.

CCMS14 - Your wedding might be before my daughter's. What date is yours? Are you getting married day of embarkation or during the cruise. Are 60 people sailing with you? Is the captain marrying you? I'm glad you're having a good experience with TWE... we had our reservations at first due to some reviews, but they've been really great. May be you should swap ideas with my daughter. She's currently choosing her bouquet and flower arrangements etc.

We are getting married on February 16 at sea, by the captain. We have 60 sailing guests so far. We also read some reviews that were worrisome, but our experience, like I said, has been great. I think part of what I've realized is that if you need an answer immediately, it can be stressful, but if you are asking your questions in advance and understand the fact that there could be a wait, it is a lot easier. Our goal is to fly into Florida on February 13, spend the 14 between Town Centre in Boca, and the Sea Watch in Fort Lauderdale, so your daughter seems to be just before us! Is she doing embarkation or at sea?

Hello again, her wedding is after your wedding ... the ship sails on Thursday, February 27th and the ceremony is actually the night of embarkation... 7:00 pm (hopefully all the guests will have their luggage/wedding attire or perhaps they should carry it on!). We are bringing a rabbi onboard who will be performing a "symbolic ceremony" as, by then, the ship will be at sea. They will actually get the official FL Marriage License signed either the night before or that morning while the ship is in dock. I can't believe you have such a big crowd sailing with you... how wonderful. My daugther wanted to keep it small, immediate family and their closest friends... so I doubt we will be more than 50 at the very most.

Do you intend to allow your guests to order from the entire drinks menu during dinner? Or will they be paying for their own drinks? We have to pay a drinks minimum as we bought out the restaurant but don't want to give the guests the regular wine menu as we would have no control over what is ordered. That's why I was looking for a copy of the menu so we could put together a limited "menu", which TWE will print (at a cost) and better keep track of what is being ordered.

We live in Boca Raton, my daughter and her fiance live in Aventura.

Congrats on your daughters wedding :). I'm sure Larry has emailed you the proper lists by now. I'm not sure but check to see if they offer any of your choices in a large format bottle, ie: 1.5 L or 3.0 L. Could save you some money. Have fun..

Hello again, her wedding is after your wedding ... the ship sails on Thursday, February 27th and the ceremony is actually the night of embarkation... 7:00 pm (hopefully all the guests will have their luggage/wedding attire or perhaps they should carry it on!). We are bringing a rabbi onboard who will be performing a "symbolic ceremony" as, by then, the ship will be at sea. They will actually get the official FL Marriage License signed either the night before or that morning while the ship is in dock. I can't believe you have such a big crowd sailing with you... how wonderful. My daugther wanted to keep it small, immediate family and their closest friends... so I doubt we will be more than 50 at the very most.

Do you intend to allow your guests to order from the entire drinks menu during dinner? Or will they be paying for their own drinks? We have to pay a drinks minimum as we bought out the restaurant but don't want to give the guests the regular wine menu as we would have no control over what is ordered. That's why I was looking for a copy of the menu so we could put together a limited "menu", which TWE will print (at a cost) and better keep track of what is being ordered.

We live in Boca Raton, my daughter and her fiance live in Aventura.

We are flying in from near Toronto. My fiancé has a large family so we have a lot of family and then our close friends. Truthfully I was surprised by the response but its also really cool.

*most* of our guests got the classic beverage package with the 123 go promotion, so that will figure in to our costs for booze. That makes sense to put together a limited drink menu/wine list. It's great to see someone else getting married on X. We are few and far between on this site!

• 1 month later...

Wow, congratulations! My husband and I are on then too. That means the first night would probably be our best option to get into the restaurant. We are in the Concierge Class. Would it help to email and see if a first night reservation could be made? :) Have fun !

Wow, congratulations! My husband and I are on then too. That means the first night would probably be our best option to get into the restaurant. We are in the Concierge Class. Would it help to email and see if a first night reservation could be made? :) Have fun !

I'm pretty sure their party has it for the whole night the first night. You can go to one of the other specialties though.

I'd love to hear more moving about how both of your plans develop, so please keep posting. My DD is thinking about a wedding at sea. Both sides have small families with lots of family spread out, so if they fly in and stay at a hotel it may as well be on a cruise ship! lol

• 6 months later...
We have had such an amazing experience with TWE, she has been so good every step of the way. Answering quickly and always dealing with my odd middle of the night worries. We are getting married on the Reflection in February. I will have to contact the specialty restaurant contact we have and look into buying it out. We are at 60 people right now, a lot of whom have beverage packages.

Thank you so much for the info! I can't wait to hear how it went for you!

CCMS14

Was wondering how your wedding cruise went? ;)

I just booked the "wedding at sea" on the Constellation for next year :D

CCMS14

Was wondering how your wedding cruise went? ;)

I just booked the "wedding at sea" on the Constellation for next year :D

It was perfect - everything we wanted. I just posted a quick review!