Royal Promenade Sandwiches

The sandwiches are pre-made (not made-to-order). Ham-and-cheese croissant is available every day. Usually there are 3 other sandwiches also, varying daily, including at least one meatless each day. My wife loves the egg salad. Don't miss out on the desserts here. Usually desserts in Cafe Promenade are better than the MDR or buffet. Cafe Promenade is open almost all the time, closed maybe for 30 minutes for cleaning in the early morning hours.

For more pics, search google images for (including the quotes): "of the s

Jim what are you trying to do to me,you got me trying to reach through my Computer screen to get one of those Sandwiches.We have to wait till 1/21/14 for our next Cruise on the Explorer.Thanks for the fantasy,have a great next cruise. :) :)

This food is made for mass amounts of people. Nothing beats home cooking!

My sandwiches and desserts are way better than these. This food is mainly to fill you up so you can move on to other things, no? I mean, it tastes good, but come on.........

My sandwiches and desserts are way better than these. This food is mainly to fill you up so you can move on to other things, no? I mean, it tastes good, but come on.........

You must never have tried the rum raisin bars. I've tried to make these with various recipes and they never taste as moist and chewy as those at the Cafe Promenade. :p

This food is made for mass amounts of people. Nothing beats home cooking! My sandwiches and desserts are way better than these. This food is mainly to fill you up so you can move on to other things, no? I mean, it tastes good, but come on.........

Umm, OK. That can be said for any food away from your own home. Thanks for the encouragement. :rolleyes::p

You have just learned my nightly stop after the show. Thanks so much for ruining my hidden gem after the show:D.

The Cafe Promenade not only had good sandwiches(Roastbeef Sandwiches, Brie, dried cranberries on that good seeded baguette).

Don't get me started on the cookies Ranger, Chocolate Chip Cookies, brownies etc. Pizza was meh but hey I'm not complaining.I went for the cheese pizza.

Then it was over to the Seattles Best Coffe urns and I made my own concoction of Coffee, 1 Hot Chocolate Package a bit of Equal Sugar and Creme every chance I got. Cafe lattiudes did not get my business this trip. There was English Breakfast Tea which I had most mornings with some sugar and milk.

The major downfall were the deserts but it was worth taking the stairs up and down.

One morning at 3 AM I could not sleep so I snuck out and went to Cafe Promenade and had a Coffee and pastry. It was good.

The flavored water was great with fruit infusions.

I just wish Park Cafe was open 24 hours. There should be at least one 24 hour place open on every ship.

Wow. Are you for real? Ridiculous comments.

try the sunflower seed granola bar for dessert. It's not a crunchy granola bar, but a bar cookie slice with a moist granola, nut and fruit filling, sometimes on a crust or other times with the bottom dipped in chocolate.

My favorite dessert there, yum, yum, yum! :p

Kummelweck is a Kaiser type roll with Kosher salt and Caraway seeds. I prefer my Beef on Weck without au jus, just horse radish! This has been a staple of many Western New York bars, but now seems to be harder to find on the menu.

Home cooked is best???? Anything I DON'T have to cook or clean up is the best!!! The ranger cookies are my favorite, but I love several of them. The Promenade Cafe is one of my favorite places to spend time on the ship. I'm not a food snob, but I also don't eat what I don't like. I've gained several pounds, I'm sure, at the Cafe Promenade.

You must never have tried the rum raisin bars. I've tried to make these with various recipes and they never taste as moist and chewy as those at the Cafe Promenade. :p

Mmmm, yes, the rum raisin bars are good, too. If I recall correctly, these are made from cake crumbs/scraps, which doesn't sound too appealing, but they taste great. They were a bit sticky and somewhat chocolaty, and most definitely rummy!

Archived