Carnival cruises that start at one port and end at another!

Cigar Dude

Are YOU sure?

No problem, in fact we are staying on the ship anyway for 16 more days doing the 2 round trip NY cruises after the 2 8 day one ways.

32 days on the Splendor - getting on Jan 12 and getting off February 13.

We often book cruises and stay on ships for extended times

In about two weeks, we leave for 24 days (2 cruises) on the Legend in northern Europe, followed by 37 days (3 cruises on the Sunshine)

We are are Carnival ships about 100 days a year, and we know what cruises to book to avoid problems.

Well, there are people in my Roll Call who have talked with multiple folks and they've been told that a passport was NOT needed for this cruise.

What my PVP said when I booked was that non-US passport holders could book as a B2B but the rest of us could not. He was very insistent about it. Too late now. I'm extending my vacation by flying to San Juan two days early and staying an extra night in Miami.

I don't know what Leg 1 is from NO to San Juan.

Leg 2 (my cruise) is San Juan, St Kitts, Dominica, St Maarten, Antigua, at sea, Grand Turk, at sea, Miami.

Well, there are people in my Roll Call who have talked with multiple folks and they've been told that a passport was NOT needed for this cruise.

What my PVP said when I booked was that non-US passport holders could book as a B2B but the rest of us could not. He was very insistent about it. Too late now. I'm extending my vacation by flying to San Juan two days early and staying an extra night in Miami.

I don't know what Leg 1 is from NO to San Juan.

Leg 2 (my cruise) is San Juan, St Kitts, Dominica, St Maarten, Antigua, at sea, Grand Turk, at sea, Miami.

So the B2B legs are technically from New Orleans to Miami. Since none of the port stops are in any of the ABC islands (Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao), then yes, it is a violation of the PVSA.

Those places are considered distant foreign ports. This situation usually only comes in affect during repo cruises, and passengers wanting to do several legs in a row.

If it was New Orleans to New Orleans, then it would be OK.

I'm not sure about non US passengers being allowed to do it either, since they are still considered passengers.

Pride itinerary Baltimore, Grand Turk, St. Thomas, St. Kitts, St. Maarten, San Juan.

Hi there! Did you ever make it to Bermuda?

The Pride San Juan to Tampa also calls at those ports. I'll be in St Maarten for the first time in November and in St Kitts & Antigua for the 2nd time. Was sort of hoping to get some other southern ports, like Barbados or St Lucia on one of the Pride repo legs. Still think it's odd that they're calling at the same ports on both legs.

Now that I think about it, that RCI repo cruise MAY have been calling in Bermuda on Leg 2. Maybe that would be "distant" enough that B2Bs would've been allowed.

Going to recommend that my Roll Call peeps quadruple-check about the passport issue. I've had one for decades and personally cannot imagine travelling to a foreign country without one, but there are still some people who just won't spend the money. I just don't get it. Pay hundreds or thousands of dollars for your vacation yet won't cough up the dough for a passport that's good for 10 years and will make your life MUCH easier should something happen in a foreign port and you have to stay behind.

Hi there! Did you ever make it to Bermuda?

The Pride San Juan to Tampa also calls at those ports. I'll be in St Maarten for the first time in November and in St Kitts & Antigua for the 2nd time. Was sort of hoping to get some other southern ports, like Barbados or St Lucia on one of the Pride repo legs. Still think it's odd that they're calling at the same ports on both legs.

Now that I think about it, that RCI repo cruise MAY have been calling in Bermuda on Leg 2. Maybe that would be "distant" enough that B2Bs would've been allowed.

Going to recommend that my Roll Call peeps quadruple-check about the passport issue. I've had one for decades and personally cannot imagine travelling to a foreign country without one, but there are still some people who just won't spend the money. I just don't get it. Pay hundreds or thousands of dollars for your vacation yet won't cough up the dough for a passport that's good for 10 years and will make your life MUCH easier should something happen in a foreign port and you have to stay behind.

The 2nd leg that you are taking (San Juan - Miami) does require a passport because this is considered a non-closed loop cruise, because even though San Juan for flying into does not require a passport as it is considered part of the US (and I believe St. Thomas qualifies also) WHTI does not take that into consideration when dealing with cruises.

Gregg

What's a PVP and why would an American Citizen need a passport to visit PR? Sorry I'm a crusin newb.

From the horses mouth. In god we trust all others brings data.

http://travel.state.gov/passport/ppi/ppi_5751.html

Inaccurate press reports about travel between Puerto Rico and mainland United States

Contrary to a number of inaccurate press reports stemming from a July 16, 2012 article that misquoted a State Department Bureau of Consular Affairs official, there is no passport requirement for U.S. citizens for direct travel between the mainland United States and U.S. territories, including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.

The Department of State's Bureau of Consular Affairs is looking forward to opening the San Juan Passport Agency in San Juan, Puerto Rico to better serve U.S. citizens in Puerto Rico.

From the horses mouth. In god we trust all others brings data.

http://travel.state.gov/passport/ppi/ppi_5751.html

Inaccurate press reports about travel between Puerto Rico and mainland United States

Contrary to a number of inaccurate press reports stemming from a July 16, 2012 article that misquoted a State Department Bureau of Consular Affairs official, there is no passport requirement for U.S. citizens for direct travel between the mainland United States and U.S. territories, including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.

The Department of State's Bureau of Consular Affairs is looking forward to opening the San Juan Passport Agency in San Juan, Puerto Rico to better serve U.S. citizens in Puerto Rico.

There is 1 very important word in that article which shows that this explanation was to clear up confusion about air travel to San Juan. That word is direct. This cruise is not direct travel between a US city and San Juan. Part of the confusion comes from the PVSA that gives an exemption to certain US territories and possessions such as San Juan, St. Thomas and even Guam, but the WHTI has different rules which this cruise will fall under. The same reason you need a passport to do a LA-Miami cruise.

Gregg

Maybe I'm slow but I just noticed some cruises that leave (for example) San Juan and end up in Tampa, or some other port. Is this new? Is the reverse also true? Do some cruises leave Florida and end in San Juan? I found it when searching for 7+ day cruises out of San Juan.

I knew about repositioning cruises but not "every day, regular scheduled" ones.

I may have to look into this further.

Hi Cigar Dude :)

Here is the itinerary of the next B2B voyage my wife & are taking

in 2015 on the Splendor out of New York.

Feb 13 ...............New York

Feb 14 ...............At Sea

Feb 15 ...............At Sea

Feb 16 ...............Grand Turk 10-6

Feb 17 ...............At Sea

Feb 18 ...............Antigua 10-6

Feb 19 ...............St Kitts 8-4

Feb 20 ...............St Thomas 8-4

Feb 21 ...............Puerto Rico 8am-10pm ( Turnaround Day )

Feb 22 ...............St Kitts 12-8

Feb 23 ...............Antigua 8-6

Feb 24 ...............St Thomas 8-6

Feb 25 ...............At Sea

Feb 26 ...............Grand Turk 8-2

Feb 27 ................At Sea

Feb 28 ................At Sea

March 1 .............New York

:)

Archived