Healthy eating options?

We've sailed twice in Aqua Class on Celebrity and LOVE Blu. Is there an equivalent on the Independence?

I know there will be 'healthier' options on the menu but do they have anything similar?

Thanks in advance.

Blu is unique to Celebrity with the healthier choice options as part of the Spa category service. Other than healthy choice options that will be offered on the daily restaurant menus, there is no specific venue on IOS dedicated to healthy choice foods similar to Blu.

The Solarium Bistro on Oasis class ships would be the closest venue option to that, but they are only on Oasis and Allure at present.

Blu is unique to Celebrity with the healthier choice options as part of the Spa category service. Other than healthy choice options that will be offered on the daily restaurant menus, there is no specific venue on IOS dedicated to healthy choice foods similar to Blu.

The Solarium Bistro on Oasis class ships would be the closest venue option to that, but they are only on Oasis class ships.

Thanks leaveitallbehind.

Was hoping there was something along the 'promenade' or even something like the spa café. The motivation? The only cruises I haven't put any weight on have been the ones we stayed in aquaclass!

We cruise Royal all the time, and as a rule, I can little if any weight. I eat very healthy. At dinner, I tell them not to bring me dinner rolls, I order a salad and steamed veggies. usually the last day I allow myself my "day" to eat what I want. We were on a B2B on Jewel in May and I gained a total of 2 lbs the entire 2 weeks. I go to the gym every morning at 6 am and get my hour workout in (I do 2 ours every day at home) and that helps a lot. I eat a decent breakfast, snack on the beach with pretzels or FF Pringles that I bring with me and then eat a good dinner with salad/veggies. Never eat dessert (not even at home) with the exception of a couple of the sugar free peanut butter cookies which I love on Royal, so I do allow myself a few of those.

So even though the ships don't have the "healthy options" that you are talking about, you can make it work. The waitstaff is great and will get you what you want. I tell them the first night what I want every night and they bring it to me without any issues.

We've sailed twice in Aqua Class on Celebrity and LOVE Blu. Is there an equivalent on the Independence?

I know there will be 'healthier' options on the menu but do they have anything similar?

Thanks in advance.

Oasis and Allure are the only 2 RCCL ships that offer healthier options ....that being the Solarium Bistro and the Vitality Spa.

However the Windjammer offers a nice salad bar. On sea days the MDR has the TUTTI Salad bar which IMO is outstanding.

Thanks in advance.

we liked Park Cafe for smaller portions and a nice make yer own salad. lots of healthier options like seafood salads( and my personal fav the Beef on Weck)

a cup of soup and a parma ham/brie paninini make for a yummy light lunch

We cruise Royal all the time, and as a rule, I can little if any weight. I eat very healthy. At dinner, I tell them not to bring me dinner rolls, I order a salad and steamed veggies. usually the last day I allow myself my "day" to eat what I want. We were on a B2B on Jewel in May and I gained a total of 2 lbs the entire 2 weeks. I go to the gym every morning at 6 am and get my hour workout in (I do 2 ours every day at home) and that helps a lot. I eat a decent breakfast, snack on the beach with pretzels or FF Pringles that I bring with me and then eat a good dinner with salad/veggies. Never eat dessert (not even at home) with the exception of a couple of the sugar free peanut butter cookies which I love on Royal, so I do allow myself a few of those.

So even though the ships don't have the "healthy options" that you are talking about, you can make it work. The waitstaff is great and will get you what you want. I tell them the first night what I want every night and they bring it to me without any issues.

Excellent suggestions! Thanks! You have the willpower to forgo the desserts.....that is my downfall.....on a couple of cruises, I was sometimes eating 2 desserts a day! There is a gelato bar on Celebrity and it's not low cal that is for sure!

Oasis and Allure are the only 2 RCCL ships that offer healthier options ....that being the Solarium Bistro and the Vitality Spa.

However the Windjammer offers a nice salad bar. On sea days the MDR has the TUTTI Salad bar which IMO is outstanding.

Thanks. Just did a search on the tutti salad bar---think I'll be trying this out :)

we liked Park Cafe for smaller portions and a nice make yer own salad. lots of healthier options like seafood salads( and my personal fav the Beef on Weck)

a cup of soup and a parma ham/brie paninini make for a yummy light lunch

Thanks spookwife. Okay, now I'm getting hungry! Good to know about Park Café---nice option.

...on a couple of cruises, I was sometimes eating 2 desserts a day!

Gosh, sometimes I have 4 desserts a day -- lunch, snack, dinner, and late snack. And sometimes 2 dessert at dinner. Cafe Promenade is especially addictive for desserts.

DH and I didn't completely forgo desserts, though we limited them to dinner and shared. We also only used the elevators after coming back from a walking excursion (room on 8th deck), and when hauling our carry-ons down for debarkation; taking the stairs the rest of the time. And we didn't gain any weight on a 9-night cruise. I also walked a mile on the top deck every morning, and he used the exercise room.

My only issue is that I avoid the "white" foods -- white rice, white flour, white potatoes, white sugar. And I can't use artificial sweeteners. The only whole grain on board was oatmeal, and there was nary a sweet potato in sight. It made it easier to stay away from the rolls, other than a small, at-least-partially wholegrain option. We brought a small jar of real maple syrup with us, and I carried packets of stevia.

The Tutti salad bar is awesome, and an excellent choice if you can keep the server from pouring 1/2 cup of salad dressing on it.:D

Archived