Cancellation Insurance for CDN's

canuck.qc

Could any Canadian CCMembers recommend a good Insurance Co. to top up our insurance. We have interruption but not cancellation. Approx. how much would it cost? I have a quote from RBC- $725

I know the cost depends on many factors but I want to be directed to a reliable company (Medipac, carp, insure my trip are some names I have on file)

Thanks

for 4 cruises I have used insuremytrip.ca

They have several companies/plans to choose from.

I think I have paid approx $500 for trip interruption/cancellation and medical.

The medical is just a fraction of the cost, and though we have had medical through work and/or credit cards, we pay the small amt for the extra coverage.

We have never had to make a claim.

I just checked my policy it was through RSA Travel insurance underwritten by Global

I have used RBC, Manulife & PC financial in the past but have only made a couple of small medical claims in the past

I guess you do not know how good any of them are until you make a claim ;)

Lyn

I use Blue Cross. Mainly because they are a prime payer not a secondary payer. This means that except for using the allowable daily provincial limit they do not expect you to have to use up any secondary insurance you may have before they cover your expenses.

Bill

Could any Canadian CCMembers recommend a good Insurance Co. to top up our insurance. We have interruption but not cancellation. Approx. how much would it cost? I have a quote from RBC- $725

I know the cost depends on many factors but I want to be directed to a reliable company (Medipac, carp, insure my trip are some names I have on file)

Thanks

We have used CARP for our insurance, but we have never needed to make a claim. I am sure that they are reliable or CARP would not support it.

We have used RBC many times and have claimed on both the cancellation as well as trip interruption insurance. The claims were paid without any problems at all, within a month. We have also used the cruise line insurance and claimed for trip cancellation and again there was no problem receiving a cheque. We do not use the medical coverage at all as we have separate insurance coverage. Cost is related to the length of trip and age, among other factors, so it is not possible to rely on amounts stated on this thread without knowing all the factors.

Allyurwishes

When it's a cruise, we've usually used CSA, we did it again recently for our O cruise. Looked also at Travelguard.ca, but couldn't use them, since we are not leaving on our trip from Canada, but from elsewhere. Prices seemed good--RBC seemed pretty high actually. We have medical travel insurance already, but it's tough to find something that's just cancellation insurance. Travelguard and RBC both will do this, if that's what you want.

Archived