SCRAPBOOKING-looking for suggestions

tourist

On my recent Alaskan cruise, I checked with the front desk and was told if the mail is in the slot on board two hours prior to departure, it will be mailed in port. Guess what....all 3 post cards arrived the day after I returned, postmarked in our last Alaskan port. Best to mail them yourself in each port. No Canadian stamps on board, found stamps in port, but couldn't find a box in Victoria. So I mailed it in a hotel lobby, it still hasn't arrived :). I'll try this idea again next cruise.

Hi there, just got home from the Carnival Sensation. Can't wait to scrapbook it! Anyone know if there are carnival scrapbook items out there and where to get them? On the ship I saw a scrapbook kit but, it was for an Alaskan cruise it looked like. I need caribbean, Bahamas. Thanks!

Just finding this thread and I want to that all of you for the great suggestions. We are cruising on the Crown in August and I've already started buying stuff for my scrapbook. You guys have such great ideas and I plan on using most if not all of them in my scrapbook.

MadamG2U

I am trying this again---the first didn't go through

I have a thought and I don't think anyone has mentioned this earlier (didn't go back through all of our pages)

I am part of our Meet and Mingle group for our June 16th cruise. We have a very active board and we all can't wait to meet each other. I copied one page of our chatter on line. I am going to put that page with pictures and names of my new M & M friends

I am trying this again---the first didn't go through

I have a thought and I don't think anyone has mentioned this earlier (didn't go back through all of our pages)

I am part of our Meet and Mingle group for our June 16th cruise. We have a very active board and we all can't wait to meet each other. I copied one page of our chatter on line. I am going to put that page with pictures and names of my new M & M friends

What a great idea!!

I have been meeting people who will be on my cruise on the Roll Call. It's been great to feel my sister and I will have friends to meet when we get on board. I will definately be adding this page to my Glory album.

This thread is awsome. Just went to some of the suggested scrapbook websites, & found a lot of great things. Just finished our Sensation May 06 book. I can't wait to get back from our Aug 06 Cruise to scrapbook it. I do have a scrapbook to work on for now I did one for my 1st grandson of his 1st year. Now I have to do my 2nd grandson's book. It will be something to give them when they are older.

Love all the cruise ideas.

a couple of things I do- take pics of all the towel animals & they go on last page of my book. I scan all port pics & place them on one page. Our Sail&Sign cards go in the book too.

Cheri

What do you scrappers do with the pictures your don't use in your scrapbooks? I take alot of pictures on vacation, and I always print more than I scrap. It seems like such a shame to throw them away. Plus, some are scenes that I'm glad I captured, but didn't feel the need to have in my book.

Any suggestions?

I saw a page that cut the leftover pictures into puzzle piece shapes that fit together, left one out and put the title and date.

I loved this thread!!!! I have done a couple of scrap books already for my son & concerts I attended (back stage YEAH BABY!!!) any ways this is my 1st cruise and am so excited about the different ideas to try can't wait. I wanted to add on my own early scrap books I took card stock of different colors and cut 2 different colors out to fit around my pictures used the scissors with different edges and after placing 2 or 3 to a page I then used assorted stickers to decorate the pages based on the theme of that page and also used the stickers that had words already made up or letters to write my own info!!! I will try and scan some later this week to show you guys have gotten great reviews on my sons book I did for my father!! :rolleyes:

Also is there any scrap booking classes on Carnivals Conquest or carribean kits??

• 2 weeks later...

I may have missed a few of the threads, but some other photo suggestions....always try to get a picture of your group near the front of the ship where you can see the ships name and get a perspective on how big the ship is, the sign with the ships name that is usually near the pool (we found this on RCI and Carnival), a shot of the corridor on the last night with the luggage sitting outside, and some shots of tired looking people waiting to disembark. I also like to get one of the ship in port next to or lined up behind/in front of other ships. Interesting things on the islands, like goods for sale at a craft market, native flowers, or unique clothing. In Old San Juan last year, I took detail shots of some of the architecture because I thought it was so pretty. In Jamaica, we thought it was funny that many of the locals would ask us to take a picture with them, their pets, anything they had...and then say "Show me some appreciation" with their hand out. Of course, we gave out quite a few dollar bills there and got some great photos.

Tammy

One of the best things I incorporate into each cruise album was the entries from the kids journals. We cruised Alaska last August and my 11 year old daughter wrote a very funny entry on the day we were in Glacier Bay. Since the cruiseline closes all the shops and "kids stuff" during the time in Glacier Bay, my kids were very bored after the first 2 hours. My daughter wrote, "Glacier Bay was pretty but I think the water got so bored, it froze." It is prominately featured in our Alaska album!

The other thing I like to include in our cruise albums (yes, I do a separate album for each cruise) are the "fun facts" such as how many pillows the ship has, how many cups of coffee are served, etc...Disney Magic has posters of the fun facts so I took photos of each one.

Could someone who has been on the Dawn tell me if they have scrapbooking stuff in any of their shops? I'm basically looking for the album itself. This will be our first cruise and while I have found some scrapbooking stuff for this cruise, I really haven't found an album that I like.

I just saw this on the Princess web site. Has anyone seen this on any of the Princess ships??

Memories At Sea Scrapbook

Exclusive custom scrapbook bearing the name and picture of your ship on the cover. The scrapbook includes 10, 12x12 archival quality pages and is wrapped in a custom slip case.

Item #5307

$19.95

Wendy, that's exactly what I'm trying to look for (except I would need one for the Dawn)

Even if I couldn't find one for the Dawn specifically, I'd even be happy with a scrapbook album with a picture of a cruise ship in general.

Any ideas?

Today is the last day for free shipping at Joann.com, and they have 25% off several different lines of scrapbook supplies.

They don't have an album with a ship on the cover, but they have several travel theme ones that are good deals.

I haven't read this whole thread, but we buy a book in the on-board Carnival gift shop that is pictures of the ship, and we use it for scrapbooking. Maybe should buy two, because there are pictures front and back of each page.

Suzy

Hello to my fellow scrapbook and cruising friends! Wow, what a great thread to pick for my first post! One of the things I like to do with my extra pictures or even the scraps left from them is to use then for letters. I simply trace the letter and cut with an exacto knife or I use my Sizzix! It adds that special touch when I need it!

next cruise Carnival Miracle Oct 22, 2006!

• 2 weeks later...

I go to the websites of the various places we visited, including any shops or restaurants (if they have websites) and the cruise website and capture the symbols (like the Princess seawitch, picture of the ship, etc.) and other information, save them in Word and print them out on acid free paper. On our last cruise we happened to pass by the USS Ronald Reagan so I went onto the website and printed out information about (including a better picture of it) it to put in the scrapbook.

This has got to be the best thread ever! My two favorite things on one board...cruising and scrapbooking! Love the ideas that you all have shared and especially the websites. To the person who wanted to redo her scrapbook using her new ideas...don't do it. Enjoy looking back at how you scrapbooking style and technique has changed. My first book was so plain now that I look back on it but I thought it was "fabulous" at the time. lol Four couples usually travel together and we all take pictures and share copies with each other. On one cruise we wound up with just over 600 pictures! Only 2 of us are scrapbookers but we worked and worked and finally got them all done. What a project but I loved it. Some of the pages she created and I copied and other I created and she copied. The last cruise they sort of left most of the picture taking up to me so we would have less duplicates or we watched what each other was taking and didn't take the same things. We still came up with 500+ pictures (and a lot of good memories.

What I usually do is take a days worth of pictures (or type of picture depending on how I have decided to divide the pictures up) and divide them up into pages or double pages. Then I look at them and pick out background pages for them and coordinating color scrap pieces for matting and put them in the protective sleeve. Put these in the book. I usually use a 3 ring or post binder. Then I sit down for the page building. Look at the pictures and decide how I want to do them and build from there. Seems to make the work part of scrapbooking go a little easier for me. Also don't worry about coming up with all new pages for your books. We all have favorite lay outs that we like to do. Just change the colors, embellishments, etc and they will look "new". After all they will have pages or books between them. The only thing I can think of that I have done that I haven't seen mentioned is I take a close up picture of our wait staff and room steward's name badges. We have had some very special ones and that way I make sure I remember their names and how to spell them. Didn't do this on our first few cruises and they were before I scrapbooked and now I have pictures of awsome people whose names I can no longer remember.

Harley Girl

I use brochures and other forms of pictures in my scrapbooks. I always say that there is nothing better than free embelishments. You can us a product called Archival Mist that I am sure you can purchase at any craft store. I think it can be rather expensive, but I have had the same can 1.5 oz for a couple of years now a little goes a long way. it will not affect the paper at all it will just make it acid and lignen free. I hope this helps. I love to use post cards as well.:o

I was thinking of doing a "payment" page listing the dates I made payments, new outfits i bought for the cruise, etc, but I'm not sure I want everyone to see that! :) Anyway, I was wondering about the brochures everyone talks about cutting up to put into their scrapbooks. I'm fairly inexperienced at scrapping but was under the impression you could only put acid and lignen free paper/products in the book. What about these brochure pictures? So, if it isn't harmful to the books/pics, I want to do that too--anyone know of any websites you can order free ones from to get in the mail so I can get started before I go? I'm going to Cozumel and Playa del Carmen. Thank you!

Jean - that scrapbook store has been around for awhile. It isn't new as I have been using them for several years now. And I shop from them ALOT. More than my hubby would like me to, since they are online.

Hi Kansas Scrapper, I have been shopping with them for a while aswell, but they have only just started a forum up this week, check it out it is good!.

Jean

Look under the "What's new" section on the very right hand side. There's a link that says something about forum, come chat with us. If you click on that it will take you to the forum. What a treat! Combining my addictions of scrapbooking and cruising:o .

Archived