Rome Port of Citav

sta319

It will take time to clear the port for disembarkation (often around an hour, but could be more) and the trip to Rome is a little over an hour. Since you are supposed to arrive at the airport at least 2 hours prior to an international flight that leaves you virtually no time to spare. If something goes wrong (longer than assumed for port clearance, traffic, etc.) you could miss your flight. I'd be a mental wreck in anticipation, so I would not schedule that tight. The wrong way to start a 7-10+ hour flight back to the US and home at the end of a relaxing cruise, in my opinion.

Dies anyone think it would be wise to book a flight leaving Rome at 1010a when the ship docs in the Rome Port of Citv, abbrev, at 6a? Is there enough time?

No - not a good idea.

If all the stars align just right (they hardly ever do), you just might make the flight but way too much stress for me.

There is an excellent Hilton at the Rome airport. They provide free shuttle service to and from a very convenient location in Rome. On our last trip we arrived at the hotel around 11AM, deposited our bags and went into Rome for a very nice day. The next morning they shuttled us to our terminal to catch our flight. No sweat at all.

Dies anyone think it would be wise to book a flight leaving Rome at 1010a when the ship docs in the Rome Port of Citv, abbrev, at 6a? Is there enough time?

No. First, there is the issue of disembarkation. Next adventure, getting to Rome. One o'clock can be optimistic, but it may work. This is Italy, after all.

Archived