bringing beverages on board

goalman

What is Azamara's policy for bringing bottled water on board. Also the policy for wine and liquor if consumed in your stateroom. And one other question, :is the minibar in the stateroom included in the complimentary beverages? Am sailing from Cadiz on the quest on 8/28/13

Thanks for your answers.

There is no limit to what you can bring onboard, either water, wine or liquor. Of course a corkage fee is payable if you take a bottle of wine to dinner for example. The mini-bars are not included within complimentary so you'll pay for it if you use it, save for the cans of soda and other mixers in there.

Phil

We just asked our cabin steward to remove everything from the minibar that wasn't complementary, but as was pointed out it is a cooler not a refridgerator so it really does not do a very good job of keeping drinks cold.

Unless you are wanting premium bottled water there are plenty of bottles of water around the ship and you are actively encouraged to grab a few as you get off in each port.

goalman - Unless there has been a change to your departure port you should not be sailing from Cadiz but from Seville like us on 13 November. Enjoy

I believe that the port is located in Cadiz, not Seville.

Have a great trip

I believe that the port is located in Cadiz, not Seville.

Have a great trip

There is a port in Cadiz, but Azamara sails to Seville which is a spectacular effort in seamanship by the bridge team.

goalman - Unless there has been a change to your departure port you should not be sailing from Cadiz but from Seville like us on 13 November. Enjoy

2irisheyes;

Thank you for the heads up on the embarkation being Seville, not Cadiz. For some reason, I thought that Seville was unreachable by cruise ship. Anyway, you saved me embarrassment as well as unneeded expense in travelling to a place where there would be no ship. You might have saved my marriage as well.

There is no limit to what you can bring onboard, either water, wine or liquor. Of course a corkage fee is payable if you take a bottle of wine to dinner for example. The mini-bars are not included within complimentary so you'll pay for it if you use it, save for the cans of soda and other mixers in there.

Phil

Nice...does that include beer too Phil?

I would have thought that as Azamara are now all inclusive, they would allow as much as you like to bring on board, the more the better, then you wouldn't be drinking theirs.:rolleyes:

Cheers.

This policy has been around a while. Even before the included drinks and certainly since I sailed on Azamara the first time in September 2011. At one time I think it was limited though. It's good you can take your favourites, but you are of course limited to drinking it in your cabin if you don't want to pay a fee. I like to be at the bar people watching! LOL

Phil

Ha! I can tell you the answer to that one already, as I read it in an Azamara review from last month. Sadly, no, and not the Pelligrino either.

Oops. I was getting ahead of myself, way past bringing beer onboard. It's the stash in the cooler in the cabin I was referring to. Although I am sure we're welcome to store our purchased beer there for free. :p

Just as a side note, I'm not sure if I've just been lucky, but the refrigerators in the cabins I've had have been pretty good at keeping things chilled. More like a fridge than just a cooler.

Phil

And ours was more like a cupboard than a cooler ! I did make a note of it on our mid-cruise questionnaire and a man came to look at it but we had to rely on an ice bucket to cool anything.

I would have thought that as Azamara are now all inclusive, they would allow as much as you like to bring on board, the more the better, then you wouldn't be drinking theirs.:rolleyes:

Cheers.

On the contrary, Bill has told us that liquor sales are still very important to Azamara. They still rely on pax buying the excluded drinks.

Cheers.

Ahem, you don't mean all-inclusive sir, you mean MORE inclusive

Archived