Royal Suite S class-the self service bar

jackdiamond

If you're referring to what's in the refrigerator, that is always pay for the items.

In a royal suite, you will be given two bottles of booze (you can trade them for other kinds if the booze is not to your liking). You will also be given a variety of cans of mix--I didn't count them, but it was somewhere between 9-12. I would assume you could trade these for other cans, although we didn't try this.

If you're referring to what's in the refrigerator, that is always pay for the items.

In a royal suite, you will be given two bottles of booze (you can trade them for other kinds if the booze is not to your liking). You will also be given a variety of cans of mix--I didn't count them, but it was somewhere between 9-12. I would assume you could trade these for other cans, although we didn't try this.

Thank you; and, do you have unlimited access to Blu for dinner?

I strongly suggest you print out the list of Royal Suite amenities listed for your ship on the Celebrity.com site. We had to prove to our butler and suite attendant that we were supposed to get a bar set-up on our Silhouette Cruise last summer. I even had an email on my iPad sent from Celebrity enticing us to book and describing the Suite Perks, yet it took a couple of days for the set-up to appear! Somehow, we only ended up with 6 cans of soda as mixers, but I had no way of proving that "usually" provided 12. We let that go. The RS and cruise were both great!

Here's a link to the listing for Celebrity Reflection's Royal Suites:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/explore/ships/detail.do?shipCode=RF&tab=staterooms%2Fexplore%2Fships%2FstateroomDetails.do%3FcabinType%3DRS%26cabincls%3DD%26shipCode%3DRF You should be able to find an equivalent listing for whichever ship you are sailing.

Here's an excerpt from that link:

Special amenities for Royal Suite include:

Separate whirlpool bathtub

Whirlpool on private veranda

Stateroom setup of one bottle of vodka and one bottle of scotch with accompanying mixers

Floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors

Separate living room with dining and sitting area

Two entertainment centers with televisions

Walk-in closet

Jane

Thank you Jane. By the way, I explored the Celebrity site, but I did not find the information provided by you, which may be due to my advanced age and computer illiteracy.

You're welcome, Jack.

Actually, it's probably not you. The search function on the site is wonky.

Which ship are you sailing? I can probably find you the correct link.

Jane

We had no problem getting into Blu for dinner. We were traveling with friends who were not in a suite (and also not in AQ and therefore didn't try it every night). Be sure to try Blu for breakfast.

Thank you. We have been in AQ fairly often: and, we are very fond of Blu. Somewhere, I thought I read that RS and above are treated the same as AQ for dinner. In other words, there is no requirement of availability.

Sadly, we have not cruised in 2 1/2 years due to my wife's illness; and, our only hope is that she achieves remission before the drop dead date of January 1, 2014, for those over 70, who are on medicare.

Thank you. We have been in AQ fairly often: and, we are very fond of Blu. Somewhere, I thought I read that RS and above are treated the same as AQ for dinner. In other words, there is no requirement of availability.

Sadly, we have not cruised in 2 1/2 years due to my wife's illness; and, our only hope is that she achieves remission before the drop dead date of January 1, 2014, for those over 70, who are on medicare.

Jack,

I remember having read the same thing about RS and PH suites on certain ships, but I don't think it's anything official. Can't remember which ships were mentioned, but I do know Millennium wasn't mentioned. Think your best bet is if you are happy eating either early or at 8pm on.

Saying a little prayer for your wife's remission.

Jane

You're welcome, Jack.

Actually, it's probably not you. The search function on the site is wonky.

Which ship are you sailing? I can probably find you the correct link.

Jane

Thank you Jane. Please see my post 11. This is simply hopeful planning on my part. If it comes to pass, we would probably not even book until about 2-3 weeks prior to the cruise. If it does not occur, then we will probably never cruise again because the cost of continued care, if available, will be in the neighborhood of 100K per annum until death.

Thank you Jane. Please see my post 11. This is simply hopeful planning on my part. If it comes to pass, we would probably not even book until about 2-3 weeks prior to the cruise. If it does not occur, then we will probably never cruise again because the cost of continued care, if available, will be in the neighborhood of 100K per annum until death.

I understand, and I'm rooting for you.

Back in the early 80's I was involved in researching and underwriting Long Term Care policies. So much has changed since then. I'm not sure which is most troubling to me: the known or the unknown.

Your wife is very lucky to have you in her corner. How wonderful to give her hope of taking a cruise in a Royal Suite together.

Take care,

Jane

Jack;

May your days future find you happiness. We pray you and your wife find more joy yet to come in future travels. I wish you the power of positive thinking... and hope!

Bless you two

Jack;

May your days future find you happiness. We pray you and your wife find more joy yet to come in future travels. I wish you the power of positive thinking... and hope!

Bless you two

Thank you; and, if it does occur it will be in a stretch limo to and from S. Ft. Myers.

Hey Jack, I'm sorry that your wife has been unwell. Your post is a classic example of what I was thinking about a couple of days ago when seeing the large scale moans on these boards about Captain's Club and its levels. I feel very fortunate to have the health and money to be able to cruise at all. Not everyone can do it and your situation puts things in perspective. I hope your wife's health improves and you are able to take that cruise, either in a Royal Suite or slumming it in AQ. All the best.

Phil

Hey Jack, I'm sorry that your wife has been unwell. Your post is a classic example of what I was thinking about a couple of days ago when seeing the large scale moans on these boards about Captain's Club and its levels. I feel very fortunate to have the health and money to be able to cruise at all. Not everyone can do it and your situation puts things in perspective. I hope your wife's health improves and you are able to take that cruise, either in a Royal Suite or slumming it in AQ. All the best.

Phil

I second that very warm thought.

We always used to cruise anyway, but are now more active because of a serious injury ten years ago. We're trying to get more cruising time in, before I move on to needing permanent care and/or my wife gets more frail as well.

We've been fortunate to do RS twice in the last year and it's a great place to be. I can confirm the experience of the informal system in Blu - we never had a problem, even when there was a queue of AQ passengers behind us. If there's anything else you need to know, like facilities, photos, accessibility and so on - just ask.

THIS THIS THIS. I am not a huge fan of Blu's menu options, but the breakfast was nice in the morning. Especially the English-style back bacon.

Also, the Eggs Benedict is good. Make sure you ask them to keep the eggs soft, otherwise they've cooked themselves hard by the time they get there from the kitchen.

Or ask for museli - they'll make it beside your table as you like it, including mashing some banana up and throwing in other stuff.

Best place on the ship for breakfast. In an RS you'll get the Elite card to get breakfast in Tuscan Grill. Blu is better.

Also, the Eggs Benedict is good. Make sure you ask them to keep the eggs soft, otherwise they've cooked themselves hard by the time they get there from the kitchen.

Or ask for museli - they'll make it beside your table as you like it, including mashing some banana up and throwing in other stuff.

Best place on the ship for breakfast. In an RS you'll get the Elite card to get breakfast in Tuscan Grill. Blu is better.

I'm just about old enough to remember "Go to work on an egg". If you have the muesli you can go, work, come back and do a session in the gym after. Muesli table side is great.

Phil

Archived