New Reserved Passage / Open Passage conditions as of August 1st, 2013

UniPac

If you are still able to book a Royal Caribbean "Next Cruise" certificate while on a Celebrity Cruise, you would get the Royal Caribbean benefits. I don't remember, off hand, their schedule of OBC. I've actually only done the reverse-- Booked a Celebrity Passage on a RCI ship.

Jane

If you are still able to book a Royal Caribbean "Next Cruise" certificate while on a Celebrity Cruise, you would get the Royal Caribbean benefits. I don't remember, off hand, their schedule of OBC. I've actually only done the reverse-- Booked a Celebrity Passage on a RCI ship.

Jane

Below is the schedule of OBC amounts and other info from a helpful poster on the RCI board for if you buy what they are now calling a "Decide Later" certificate.

Just to add what has already been posted. OBC is dependent on length of cruise

$25 for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100 for sailings of 6-9 nights

$150 for sailings of 10-14 nights

$200 for sailings of 15+ nights

When you create a Decide Later Booking your initial Deposit is $100pp and, yes, you can put it in one name only. When you convert that Decide Later Booking into a specific booking, you would add an additional name for another $100 with no further money due until final payment.

However, if, when converting your Decide Later booking, you book a Grand Suite or higher cabin category then a full double deposit will be required.

$200pp for 3-5 nights

$500pp for 6-9 nights

$900pp for 10+ nights

You are allowed to create 3 Decide Later Bookings per person per cruise.

Jane

Can we book a Royal Caribbean future cruise while on an Celebrity cruise and get the same benefits offered for booking on Celebrity?

10 days ago.... we were on a Royal Cribbean cruise and we were able to reserve B2B Celebrity cruises and receive the Celebrity onboard booking benefits.

My DH and I will be on the Century in less than 2 weeks.:)

The 1,2,3 Pick Your Perk will begin at the end of the week.;)

If while onboard the Century, I book (Reserved Passage) a Balcony stateroom on the 5 Night Constellation for my two daughters and myself, for next spring... will I get:

Reduced Deposit (what amount would that be?)

$100 OBC ?

1,2,3 Perk (we would probably pick the Beverage packages. Would we each get the package, or only 2 of us?

One more example of cutbacks. The prior Open Passages gave $300 for 14+ nts. no matter which room you booked. Now we are down to $150 regardless of the room. How many X cruises are 16+ nts. in order to get the $200??? Suite guests are really getting hit with this one. It is clear that they want you to reserve on board when perhaps the price might be higher. So the morale is - Book a reserved cruise.

I am not sure what the Miami talking (or should I say non-talking heads in the case of the Millie incident) heads are thinking. There is just too much sun down here and they are staying out in it tooooo long!!!

Great PR move.

Thank you for publishing this update on the certificate.

I agree 100% with travelwide, in thanking you for the new information, and also that this new deal is really crappy. If this was the condition last year I wouldn't have bought an Open Passages. It's lame too that they're limiting the TA/TP/Repo cruises so severely. I mean, who lays out $100 non-refundable for what barely covers ONE person at a specialty restaurant anymore?!

ANd while they say you can combine with offers, there are still a bunch of restrictions, including "programs that begin with FST, LOY, TR, SRS, GRPX".

If while onboard the Century, I book (Reserved Passage) a Balcony stateroom on the 5 Night Constellation for my two daughters and myself, for next spring... will I get:

$100 OBC ?

1,2,3 Perk (we would probably pick the Beverage packages. Would we each get the package, or only 2 of us?

The fine print of a prior 123go promotion listed the following beverage option:

Classic Beverage Package for Two

Here's a link to the 123go info from Host Andy:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=36540459&postcount=1

Here is a link (if it works) to a PDF flyer for the "Pick Your Perk" offer that went through June 2013: http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/13034406_CEL_Pick_Your_Perk_Multi_Dest_Promo.pdf

Make sure to read the fine print on the applicable offer.

The deposit on a Reserved Passage is still $100 per person (unless you book a suite, which requires full deposit). Not sure if you would need to deposit 2 of you in order to get the 2 classic bev. packages.

The amount of your OBC for booking a Reserved Passage would be $100 (per cabin, not per person)

Jane

:

Here is a link (if it works) to a PDF flyer for the "Pick Your Perk" offer that went through June 2013: http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/13034406_CEL_Pick_Your_Perk_Multi_Dest_Promo.pdf

Anyone knows if the Solstice repositioning cruises sydney/hawaii/vancouver and/or back were applicable to this offer?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Anyone knows if the Solstice repositioning cruises sydney/hawaii/vancouver and/or back were applicable to this offer?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

It doesn't sound like the offer applied to them, based on this language:

"Choose from 4 exciting offers below on ALL sailings in Europe, Australia/New Zealand, Asia or Caribbean"

Jane

The deposit on a Reserved Passage is still $100 per person (unless you book a suite, which requires full deposit). Not sure if you would need to deposit 2 of you in order to get the 2 classic bev. packages.

The amount of your OBC for booking a Reserved Passage would be $100 (per cabin, not per person)

Jane

Too late to edit my original post, so I'm quoting myself to add the current info:rolleyes: LOL

Here's a link to the flyer for the promo beginning 8/30:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/13035352_CEL_PYP_Offer.pdf

I just found it.

While I was struggling to read the fine print, I decided to paste it into a Word doc and enlarge. Sharing the result below. (Sorry about the loss of formatting):

To qualify for the Pick Your Perk Offer (“Offer”), the following requirements must be satisfied. Cruise must be booked Aug. 30 - Oct. 06, 2013 ( “Offer Period”) and must be a Europe, Caribbean, Alaska, Bermuda, Pacific Coastal 4-night or longer cruises that departs Nov. 2013 – Dec. 2014 (“Offer Cruise”). Offer applies to ocean view and higher staterooms, and Fivestar, Group X, and cruisetour price program rates (price programs that begin with FST, TR, and GRPX). Offer cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion, price program, including, but not limited to, Exciting Deals, Category specials, Category guarantee rates, CHX, reduced air, Interline, Senior, Travelzoo, resident, travel agent, and employee rates, or discounted rates. Offer is applicable to new individual bookings and to staterooms in non-contracted group bookings which staterooms are named and fully deposited during the Offer Period. Bookings that meet all of these requirements are “Qualifying Bookings.” Qualifying Bookings may choose any one of these options: Classic Beverage Package for Two, Free Gratuities, Onboard Credit, or Celebrity’s ChoiceAir cruise savings (if guest purchases air travel through Celebrity’s ChoiceAir). Limit of one Offer per stateroom. You must notify Celebrity of the option you chose by Oct. 06, 2013. All Guests in the stateroom must select the same option. Classic Beverage Package for Two applies to two guests per stateroom and includes beers up to $5 per serving; spirits, cocktails, and wine up to $8 per serving, all soda selections, fresh squeezed and bottled juices, premium coffees, and teas and non-premium bottled water. Server gratuities are included (amount based on gratuity guidelines). Premium Beverage Package upgrade available for an additional charge of $10 per person, per day plus $1.50 beverage gratuity per person, per day by contacting Celebrity Cruises. Terms of Celebrity’s Alcohol Policy apply, including a minimum drinking age, which varies by itinerary. Guest must provide date of birth by Oct. 06, 2013. Free Gratuities Offer applies to two guests per stateroom and provides for prepaid stateroom, waiter, assistant waiter and head waiter gratuities (amounts based on gratuity guidelines). Onboard Credit is per stateroom and amount is based on the number of cruise nights: 4-5 nights $100; 6-9 nights $200; 10 nights or more $300. OBC has no cash value, is applicable to cruise only, non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the final night of the cruise, and will be applied to reservation within 10 days of booking. Celebrity’s ChoiceAir cruise fare savings amount is limited to one per stateroom, and based on the number of cruise nights: 4-5 nights $200; 6-9 nights $400; 10 nights or more $600. Celebrity’s ChoiceAir air travel must booked by Oct. 06, 2013. To redeem Celebrity’s ChoiceAir offer, guest must contact their travel professional or Celebrity by Oct. 06, 2013. After ChoiceAir air travel is booked, savings will be applied to the cruise fare if cruise fare has not yet been paid in full or will be credited to guest’s method of payment if cruise fare has been paid in full. Credit not redeemable for cash and is non-transferable. Cancellation of air will result in removal of savings. For full terms and conditions of Celebrity’s ChoiceAir and Lowest Airfare Guarantee programs , visit celebritycruises.com/air. Captain’s Club members are eligible to receive a 50% reduced deposit on new individual bookings made more than 70 days from departure date. Valid for Classic Members and above only. Member Offer not applicable to groups. Reduced deposit must be paid within 7 days of booking and may vary by sail date. If sailing is within final payment period, then full payment is due. To redeem on http://www.celebritycruises.com, go to the Payment page, select “Other” in the deposit field and enter the calculated 50% off deposit amount. Valid membership number must be provided at time of booking; new members may book onboard without a membership number but must provide the membership number by Oct. 20, 2013. To redeem Offer contact your Travel professional, or Celebrity Cruises at http://www.celebritycruises.com. Offers are non-transferable and applicable only to the Offer Cruise. No refunds or credits for unused options. Offers are subject to availability and change without notice, and are capacity controlled. Offers not applicable to charters or contracted groups. Cruise portion of cruisetours eligible for Offers based on number of cruise nights. Single occupancy bookings eligible for Offers. Prices and Offers apply to residents of the U.S. and Canada only; Residents of any other country should contact their local Celebrity Cruises office or travel partner. Refer to http://www.celebritycruises.com for complete terms and conditions. Celebrity Cruises reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update fares, fees and surcharges at any time without prior notice. ©2013 Celebrity Cruises Inc. Ships registered in Malta and Ecuador. 13035352 • 8/2013

Thanks for the update - this is new information to me.

I find it interesting that the OBC for a Reserved Passage if much more than for an Open Passage.

Disappointed that it does not include TA, Pacific or Repositioning cruises.

Nothing included Pacific. :(

$100 OBC ?

Check out this post where I enlarged and formatted the fine print for the upcoming offer for you:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=39707435&postcount=80

Do you still get a 2 cat. upgrade when booking a reserved Passages on board? Don't see anything about that.

Good catch, 4 pages and none of us mentioned that. It was 3 categories though stopping at C2.

That's a pretty substantial loss, but more than made up for if you get the drink package with it.

Here's a link to the 123go info from Host Andy:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=36540459&postcount=1

Jane

Thank you! Sounds like we would need to get a 4th person and book two cabins. :D

I consider myself a somewhat up to date, intelligent cruise shopper and knowledgeable about Celebrity and their policies...which I why I post here, trying to help. But Celebrity has completely lost us on their offers...1-2-3 or choose from 1-2-3, stockholder benefits, birthday coupon, booking on board, booking with passages and I could go on. Then of course it's different depending on where you live or is it where you book since it seems that a lot of UK/Europe folks book through US agencies....so no idea whose laws/policies apply to any situation. I have joined the growing group that says...it's just too much trouble to figure out the deals, when to buy and so on....so although we were just tempted by the memorial day specials by a major (celebrity's largest) TA, we decided to just forget booking any celebrity cruise. It's not the cruises...some look very interesting...but we just can't figure out how to best book them. So we booked a river cruise and a cruise on Oceania and if the prices on celebrity go down or instead of choose 1 or 2 or 3, they offer 1+2+3 on the cruises we're interested in, maybe we'll book celebrity. This is one time that marketing sent out so many confusing messages/offers, we can't cope....and I know we aren't alone.

I consider myself a somewhat up to date, intelligent cruise shopper and knowledgeable about Celebrity and their policies...which I why I post here, trying to help. But Celebrity has completely lost us on their offers...1-2-3 or choose from 1-2-3, stockholder benefits, birthday coupon, booking on board, booking with passages and I could go on. Then of course it's different depending on where you live or is it where you book since it seems that a lot of UK/Europe folks book through US agencies....so no idea whose laws/policies apply to any situation. I have joined the growing group that says...it's just too much trouble to figure out the deals, when to buy and so on....so although we were just tempted by the memorial day specials by a major (celebrity's largest) TA, we decided to just forget booking any celebrity cruise. It's not the cruises...some look very interesting...but we just can't figure out how to best book them. So we booked a river cruise and a cruise on Oceania and if the prices on celebrity go down or instead of choose 1 or 2 or 3, they offer 1+2+3 on the cruises we're interested in, maybe we'll book celebrity. This is one time that marketing sent out so many confusing messages/offers, we can't cope....and I know we aren't alone.

Absolutely!

Don't these people do any focus groups?

Well just heard from my TA.

By talking directly to Captain's Cub rep, she got my open passage applied to my last minute booking on the 12 day cruise on the Constellation out of Istanbul.

Got the $200 OBC and reduced my total price by the $100. of the orginal deposit.

But a little unknown adjustment of the taxes for this cruise are based on the date of my open passage cert. purchase which was Jan 1, 2013. So now the taxes are $13.00 cheaper , so I eat the $13.00. No big deal.

With the new benefits for both kinds of booking onboard, I am not interested at all to do thisin the future.

Hi all,

We wanted to explain some of the changes to our Reserved and Open Passages.

Regarding Reserved Passages, a specific Ship and Sail date now has a much higher OBC and is combinable. A guest can go onboard, put down a $100 deposit and get up to $500 Onboard Credit. They can also combine with a 123Go or Pick Your Perk, or another main offer onboard or at a later time when they return home. Guests are able to change their reservation and apply another offer all the way up to their final payment date!

Open Passages, where there is no specific Ship or Sail Date, now has a lower OBC up to $200. But we've opened up the old restrictions. You now can purchase up to 3 and give them away to anyone! They don't have to be on the same sailing as you any longer. They can also combine an Open Passage with a 123Go or Pick Your Perk, or another main offer if they choose when they convert it over to a Reserved Passage.

Guests now have more freedom to get the onboard credit and enjoy another offer in addition. This offer is not available on land!

Hi all,

Regarding Reserved Passages, a specific Ship and Sail date now has a much higher OBC and is combinable. A guest can go onboard, put down a $100 deposit and get up to $500 Onboard Credit. They can also combine with a 123Go or Pick Your Perk, or another main offer onboard or at a later time when they return home. Guests are able to change their reservation and apply another offer all the way up to their final payment date!

Open Passages, where there is no specific Ship or Sail Date, now has a lower OBC up to $200. But we've opened up the old restrictions. You now can purchase up to 3 and give them away to anyone! They don't have to be on the same sailing as you any longer. They can also combine an Open Passage with a 123Go or Pick Your Perk, or another main offer if they choose when they convert it over to a Reserved Passage.

Guests now have more freedom to get the onboard credit and enjoy another offer in addition. This offer is not available on land!

Thanks for this information. I just booked a Reserved Passages while on the Infinity this past week and was told I could add the shareholder benefit later if a better offer did not come along. Do you know if that is true in spite of the statement on the Investor Relations that the S/H benefit cannot be combined with any other offers?

Thanks for this information. I just booked a Reserved Passages while on the Infinity this past week and was told I could add the shareholder benefit later if a better offer did not come along. Do you know if that is true in spite of the statement on the Investor Relations that the S/H benefit cannot be combined with any other offers?

Shareholder credit is considered another offer. It is combinable with the onboard program. A guest can book onboard, get the OBC with a reduced deposit and then can combine with Shareholder credit.

Hi all,

So I'm a little confused, only suites can earn the $500, but a suite has an additional deposit, does it not? So could you really put down a $100 deposit and get a $500 credit?

Archived