Elite: Starting to feel less appreciated by Celebrity

djjoe

I think that those that are close to Elite should be moved to Elite and those close to the next tier should be moved there and so on. I don't think that Celebrity should penalize anyone.

:) Right again!!!! I agree, that would be the fairest way of handling it!!! :)

Why would that be fair?

Personally, I think that they will just add a couple more tiers rathe rthan rejigging every level.:D

They already added a zero cruise level.... they're no dummies.... they know the program works and all this speculating makes me laugh.

They already added a zero cruise level.... they're no dummies.... they know the program works and all this speculating makes me laugh.

Perhaps they'll add a -1 level. This level will be for those who are think about thinking about a cruise with no plan to book anything.

Perhaps they'll add a -1 level. This level will be for those who are think about thinking about a cruise with no plan to book anything.

All kidding aside, I often wondered why some cruise company doesn't have a "sale" where other cruise lines loyalty levels are honourd.

Like Princess making you Elite (yes, the dreaded term is the same top level with them) if you book a cruise during a certain time frame... that would make people feel like they're appreciated as the OP questioned. :D

All kidding aside, I often wondered why some cruise company doesn't have a "sale" where other cruise lines loyalty levels are honourd.

Like Princess making you Elite (yes, the dreaded term is the same top level with them) if you book a cruise during a certain time frame... that would make people feel like they're appreciated as the OP questioned. :D

Celebrity has done this a couple of times. Last summer is the last time I remember this promotion happening.

Actually would be a good marketing tool if done infrequently.you could santo potential customers words like: You're a Loyal ---------- cruiser. We'd like to show you the Celebrity difference by inviting you to sample the benefits enjoyed by Elites on your first Celebrity cruise".

Celebrity has done this a couple of times. Last summer is the last time I remember this promotion happening.

SHUT UP!!!! Really? :eek::eek:

Was it a regional thing because I am on their super junk email list and don't remember such a thing.... :o

That musta pissed off a few people who " earned their points" :p

Me I don't care. IMHO the loyalty program is a great marketing idea where everyone (well almost everyone) is happy.

:) Many of us longtime Elite members became Elite when you received 1 cruise credit no matter how long the cruise, what kind of cabin you booked, or how much you spent. Back then you needed 10 cruises to become Elite.

Agreed! We joined in the early 90's and it took us ten cruises to get there. Many of us earned it this way.

Note to Celebrity & RCL

This thread has fully discussed, with some intelligence, the rationale behind the need to reduce the number of Celebrity Captain's Club Elites. Having run it's course it would appear now is the time to conclude.

The consensus of opinion being there must be an 'Elite numbers' reduction [cull], failing that, the Elite benefit would quickly become financially unsustainable, resulting in the loss of the benefits facility.

Therefore, I suggest adjusting the Club bandings. This to ensure loyalty is rewarded, with loyalty being judged by the actual number of nights sailed with Celebrity, Royal Caribbean and Azamara, and not the potential culmination of 2/3 night Royal Caribbean/Celebrity Cruises.

Suite guest will continue to receive 'double days' as per the known Celebrity and RCL protocols.

CLASSIC = UP TO AND INCLUDING 75 NIGHTS ON BOARD A CELEBRITY SHIP

SELECT = FROM 76 UP TO AND INCLUDING 140 NIGHTS ON BOARD A CELEBRITY SHIP

ELITE =FROM 141 UP TO AND INCLUDING 275 NIGHTS ON BOARD A CELEBRITY SHIP

NEW VIP STATUS [?] = FROM 276 up to and including 700 NIGHTS ON BOARD A CELEBRITY SHIP

The only alternative to the above bandings was a suggestion to replicate the RCL method of calculation, but this is again based on the number of cruises multiplied by a coefficient, then adding a further number of points. This being without any recourse to the actual number of days sailed.

The counting of days sailed is the preferred rationale for a fairer method to calculate, recognize and reward loyalty to Celebrity Cruisers.

The reciprocal facility between RCL and Celebrity, where RCL Diamond members do automatically become Elite with Celebrity, and vice verse, across all the respective clubs status levels, to end.

One looks forward to an official announcement from Celebrity to confirm the Elite reduction program.

Dear Celebrity - please disregard the 2nd note above! ;)

Just CRACKS me up how the folks that are Elite right now - want to set the bar VERY high for future Elites when THEY got to Elite under the relaxed criteria. :cool:

It is my hope that the Elite requirements will stay the same with X adding on additional top tiers. Perhaps Elites then only get vouchers with those above Elite having the cocktail party. What is going to provide EXCELLENT entertainment - listening to those that thought they'd be in the new level complain when they aren't. :eek:

Sorry but if it used to only take 10 - 7 night cruises to get to Elite (70 nights) it is a big of a stretch to now say it should be 140 nights. Get real. But yes we get it is all about you protecting yourself from those they may at some point join in your Elite status. :cool:

This is the final word on the subject of too many Elites

Now that's funny...

Did the earth just stop rotating? ;)

Did we enter the Twilight Zone?

Celebrity, please put us out of our misery....

Note to Celebrity & RCL

This thread has fully discussed, with some intelligence, the rationale behind the need to reduce the number of Celebrity Captain's Club Elites. Having run it's course it would appear now is the time to conclude.

The consensus of opinion being there must be an 'Elite numbers' reduction [cull], failing that, the Elite benefit would quickly become financially unsustainable, resulting in the loss of the benefits facility.

Therefore, I suggest adjusting the Club bandings. This to ensure loyalty is rewarded, with loyalty being judged by the actual number of nights sailed with Celebrity, Royal Caribbean and Azamara, and not the potential culmination of 2/3 night Royal Caribbean/Celebrity Cruises.

Suite guest will continue to receive 'double days' as per the known Celebrity and RCL protocols.

NEW VIP STATUS [?] = FROM 276 up to and including 700 NIGHTS ON BOARD A CELEBRITY SHIP

The only alternative to the above bandings was a suggestion to replicate the RCL method of calculation, but this is again based on the number of cruises multiplied by a coefficient, then adding a further number of points. This being without any recourse to the actual number of days sailed.

The counting of days sailed is the preferred rationale for a fairer method to calculate, recognize and reward loyalty to Celebrity Cruisers.

The reciprocal facility between RCL and Celebrity, where RCL Diamond members do automatically become Elite with Celebrity, and vice verse, across all the respective clubs status levels, to end.

One looks forward to an official announcement from Celebrity to confirm the Elite reduction program.

Final Word....I'm not bored of this topic yet....

there must be an 'Elite numbers' reduction [cull]

Or the perks could be reduced to retain a flat cost.

Financial sustainability is not for customers to worry about. Those bean counters must be there for some reason. If it is not viable, X will realise need for a change.

Logistics seem to be the biggest problem on transatlantics, solved by a change to vouchers.

Rewarding loyalty depends upon how you judge loyalty. Nights cruised is one measure. Overall spend might be another.

Other random ideas to show this might not be the final word...

Are Ozzie cruisers more loyal as they seem to spend more for a cruise?

Should actual cruise cost play a part. High Season = more points.

Should CClub points last forever?

Some non-cruise loyalty schemes lose points if you don't maintain your custom. No sailings for 2 years. Lose a point?

Or might you only qualify based upon recent sailings...say over the past 5 years. You keep your points but your rewards are based upon recent actual patronage/loyalty.

Real loyalty?.....do you take cruise lines outside of the RCCL brand?

Should there be a (night x roomgrade = points) factor. Full Suites x2, Sky x 1.5, Aqua x 1.3, CC x 1.25, Vdh x 1.1, OV x 1.0, Ins x 0.9?

What about rewarding onboard spend (as HAL?)

Offer points boosters for early booking?

Where should the bands fall...no idea.

10 completed cruises seems like a rough measure of loyalty, but probably need higher rewards to exist.

They could rename the levels and/or add new bands .... i.e. VIP.

Reciprocal arrangements obviously serve a purpose, doubt they would disappear. Maybe those perks should be split. Some Elite perks for RCI D/D+.... offer a free drink voucher per day instead of the cocktail party.

Maybe RCI and AZ points should factor into your CC status?

Have a specific Welcome event for RCI C&A members on their first X cruise....tailor it to your new audience with perks that would suit them.

loyalty being judged by the actual number of nights sailed with Celebrity, Royal Caribbean and Azamara, and not the potential culmination of 2/3 night Royal Caribbean/Celebrity Cruises.

If you get points based or rated on nights/spend why does it matter how many 2/3 night cruises are taken.

Elites could reduce in number with levels above Elite to which they would be promoted.

Note to Celebrity & RCL

Note to Celebrity: This is one poster's opinion and does not reflect the opinions of all and certainly does not reflect my opinion.

Final Word....I'm not bored of this topic yet....

Should CClub points last forever?

Some non-cruise loyalty schemes lose points if you don't maintain your custom. No sailings for 2 years. Lose a point?

Or might you only qualify based upon recent sailings...say over the past 5 years. You keep your points but your rewards are based upon recent actual patronage/loyalty.

I've speculated along similar lines.. points automatically drop off after being inactive for a specified period, or just counting sailings in the past five years (or 7 years if one no longer has the sailing itch)...

..that is if the purpose was to reduce the numbers eligible for the most perks. If the purpose of the program is to reward those who are loyal to the brand(s), I am sure that many different options have been or will be considered..

I'm not bored by the topic either;)

I've speculated along similar lines.. points automatically drop off after being inactive for a specified period, or just counting sailings in the past five years (or 7 years if one no longer has the sailing itch)...

..that is if the purpose was to reduce the numbers eligible for the most perks. If the purpose of the program is to reward those who are loyal to the brand(s), I am sure that many different options have been or will be considered..

I think that is a great idea - drop points off if a cruiser is inactive for, say, 2 or 3 or 4 years.

Many companies send a "special" offer before points are due to expire hoping that you'll want to save your benefits. This tactic would help Celebrity to sell some additional cruises and perhaps bring back into the fold folks who had left for a period of time.

Using a 5 year period to calculate points would probably keep the 3 or 4 top cruisers as they are, but might really shake up the rest of the list.

Archived