Dave's Live from Eurodam Trans-Atlantic, Aug. 27 - Sept. 12, 2013

RetiredMustang

Dear Dave,

Thanks for your writing your blog and taking us along. This is a trip I would love to do, especially with the Iceland and Greenland stops en route. A great transatlantic routing on a very nice ship, it sure sounds good to me.

Eurodamitinerary_zps62d9ac3d.jpg

Have a great cruise and transatlantic crossing on the ms EURODAM!

soccer

I love your "live from" posts - and look forward to spending time with you and Mrs. Dave again. I was wondering when you purchased the Economy Comfort seats on United, if they also removed the padding from the chair seat as Delta seemed to do? We've never had such uncomfortable plane seats as their Economy Comfort on a flight to Tokyo. Leg room, yes, sore bottoms, oh yes!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Sheila, Sapper, Jacqui, Ruth, Yonnie, et al,

Thanks for the kind words; I hope you continue to enjoy my posts. DW says "hi" to all of you she has met.

Dave

Added on edit: Ine, a special thanks to you. I researched Amsterdam on the port call boards, and found several posts from you to various people who had asked in the past, with practical information we were able to use, such as the location of Albert Heijn near Magna Plaza.

Hi to Mrs. Dave, too! Whenever I think of you, I think of the Noordam M & G a few years ago (perhaps '09???) when you were snowed in in VA and had to drive to FL...and picked up a Flamingo flag for our "Voyage of the Pink Flamingos!" I still have that flag!

Have a wonderful cruise...am enjoying your wonderful photos so much....

I love reading your live from threads! I hope you and Mrs. Dave have a wonderful time. I'd love to do this itinerary. Could you send some of those bitterballen to me? I love them!

Lorene,

Thanks. Sorry, I can't send bitterballen, but didn't you get some recently? I thought Penthouse cruisers got whatever they wanted! I read your reports from the Penthouse -- they helped with a cruise fix as we were counting down the final days to our cruise.

Dave

I love your "live from" posts - and look forward to spending time with you and Mrs. Dave again. I was wondering when you purchased the Economy Comfort seats on United, if they also removed the padding from the chair seat as Delta seemed to do? We've never had such uncomfortable plane seats as their Economy Comfort on a flight to Tokyo. Leg room, yes, sore bottoms, oh yes!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Thank you! The seats weren't luxurious by any stretch, but they were padded and as comfortable as you might expect. Being able to stretch out my legs was a big plus. But, I never really did get much sleep on the flight.

Dave

Hi to Mrs. Dave, too! Whenever I think of you, I think of the Noordam M & G a few years ago (perhaps '09???) when you were snowed in in VA and had to drive to FL...and picked up a Flamingo flag for our "Voyage of the Pink Flamingos!" I still have that flag!

Have a wonderful cruise...am enjoying your wonderful photos so much....

Thanks, Sheila. The Voyage of the Pink Flamingos was in Feb. 2010, and the several feet of snow the D.C. area received at that time is referred to as Snowmageddon by many of those who live around there. :D

Dave

Really looking forward to your posts. Hope you have a great cruise on the Eurodam!! We will be boarding her on Sept. 22 for the Canada/New England cruise and can hardly wait!! Have never been on the Eurodam, and hope to hear all kinds of good reports of her!

Barb

The bags have been picked up and it is time to check out of the hotel and get ready to board the bus to the terminal. My next post will (with luck) be from on board Eurodam in a few hours.

Dave

Yay! Loving it! Bon Voyage and Godspeed, bless you both!

Edited by surfergirle

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Well, we have arrived on board. The bus took about 10 minutes to get us there. We went into the reception hall, and a rep went through asking for 4 and 5 star Mariners. We identified ourselves, and she took us to the front to the expedited check in line. We filled out our medical form while waiting.

We quickly checked in, were given an early boarding number, and waited about 3 minutes before that number was called. We were on board and in our room very quickly.

We have had time to get a bite to eat, and get a celebratory drink at Crow's Nest. We went back to the cabin, and our bags were here. So, DW is unpacking while I am helping by staying out of her way (no kidding, her idea). So, I established the online account and am checking in.

I will add much more later, but just wanted to post a quick update.

Attached are photos of the daily program. If these are not readable, let me know and I will put fewer pages on each photo. The program is the new trifold style.

Aug27program1_zpsd6a2d70f.jpg

Aug27program2_zps53db9427.jpg

More later,

Dave

Dave,

I know you mentioned using photobucket. Are u taking pics via your iPhone ? And do u have photobucket mobile on it ? Or what method are you using for posting pics on here ?

Thank you much and welcome aboard MS.Eurodam.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Lorene,

Thanks. Sorry, I can't send bitterballen, but didn't you get some recently? I thought Penthouse cruisers got whatever they wanted! I read your reports from the Penthouse -- they helped with a cruise fix as we were counting down the final days to our cruise.

Dave

Yes, I got a "fix" twice at parties. I should have ordered them every night ;). I'm so jealous of you being on this cruise. Will be looking forward to every update. Thx so much for this live from.

Thanks Dave for your great report and photo's. I certainly enjoyed the photo's as they brought back great memories of a river cruise we did a few years ago, and departed from Amsterdam after spending a couple of nights there.

Mrs Dave is lucky if she has to tell you to stay out of her way. Bob just conveniently loses himself on the veranda and stays put until I'm done, with no offers to help.

Enjoy your cruise and smooth sailing.

Helen

Really enjoying your review. My wife and I plus my sister and brothe in law will be doing this cruise next year so it is very exciting "going along with you!. " It will be my sister and BIL first cruise ever so it's extra exciting. Wife and I are living in Silver Spring but don't anticiapte any Snowmeggedon problems next August. Thanks again!

will be with you all the way dave, thanks for taking the time to post realtime. will be on the eurodam in November so really looking forward to your opinions and the photos,

thanks again and enjoy!!