Will Millie get any other updates while in drydock?

suncityga

Do not know when Millie was last refurbished... but have seen a number of comments as to Millie's overall condition prior to the recent 'propulsion problems'.

Has anyone seen any official info as to other possible work/updates to be done while in drydock?

Thanks, :)

Based on the most recent ''official line'' that drydok is booked for 5 days: not enough time to do nothing else but attend to the azipod motor changeout. ( besides hull maintenance and perhaps some decking upgrades...)

Agree with the other posts. It's only a 5 day drydock, and there's no time to plan for other items. I'm fairly certain they will make the repairs, and perhaps some extra cleaning. I'd keep my expectations low for anything else.

In 5 days, while the engine replacement is underway, carpet can be replaced, furniture replaced, repairs made to rusted infrastructure, etc. You have FIVE days. In a shipyard. It is not a question of can, It is a question of will.

In 5 days, while the engine replacement is underway, carpet can be replaced, furniture replaced, repairs made to rusted infrastructure, etc. You have FIVE days. In a shipyard. It is not a question of can, It is a question of will.

Unless they stock items "just in case" then I doubt carpeting or furniture would be replaced as it probably takes a lot longer than a few days to order the proper items. Also doubt that there would be a significant amount of unscheduled replacements done on such short notice for financial reasons.

However, I would presume that they'll do whatever other hull work they can which would require the ship to be out of the water in drydock and hasn't been done real recently. I also imagine they'd also do whatever other maintenance which can be done with the staff on board which would be labor intensive and/or would interfere with normal passenger operations.

Sprucing Up

"It's a bizarre opportunity because we've got several weeks where we have this cruise ship that is literally fully operational except for one part … so we're taking advantage of the opportunity so we can further enhance our guest experience," Bayley said.

The 843 crew members onboard will do a deep cleaning of all staterooms, draperies, furniture, upholstery and carpets. Crew also will undergo additional specialized training in areas such as Concierge, Aqua and Suite Class service. Additionally, the future cruise sales desk will be moved to a more prominent location on Deck 5. Bayley also hinted at a few "tricks" up his sleeve in regards to Millennium's return to service. "Our intention on Millennium on September 22 is to truly delight our customers with an outstanding experience."

Sprucing Up

"It's a bizarre opportunity because we've got several weeks where we have this cruise ship that is literally fully operational except for one part … so we're taking advantage of the opportunity so we can further enhance our guest experience," Bayley said.

The 843 crew members onboard will do a deep cleaning of all staterooms, draperies, furniture, upholstery and carpets. Crew also will undergo additional specialized training in areas such as Concierge, Aqua and Suite Class service. Additionally, the future cruise sales desk will be moved to a more prominent location on Deck 5. Bayley also hinted at a few "tricks" up his sleeve in regards to Millennium's return to service. "Our intention on Millennium on September 22 is to truly delight our customers with an outstanding experience."

They can "delight" me in November by having a clean ship shape ship with no torn carpet, no broken window or wind screens, no busted bathroom in our stateroom, etc.

Hopefully they will use these few days to clean and upgrade all that is so needed on the millenium! We were on Xmas New Years and shocked when we walked on expecting a solsticized ship.instead we found a worn and dirty ship! The intineraries are amazing but the ship is really not up to celebrity standards..... If they think it is...... Then they have slipped..... Actually fallen and r broken!

Please celebrity give us a clean ship .....replace the lounge chairs and all pool deck furniture, the dirty curtains in staterooms, the bedding thatnwas all stained, the totally worn outdated tile floors in stateroom bathrooms, worn elevator buttons that don't have numbers anymore,torn and dirty carpet in stateroom and halls, etc!!! Also leave off the throw pillows that r so unhygienic. No one wants a throw pillow on their pillow that goes on every bed on every cruise. Gross! Should be interesting to see just what was up their sleeve! Hopefully they will be magicians and make all the millenium passengers happy!

Interesting that people quickly dismissed the notion of new carpet, furniture or other updates but nobody commented on the availability of a new pod.

I'm amazed that a new pod was available.

To me new carpet seems easy compared to a new pod.

Oh dear- not what I want to read about " my" beloved Millenium. A those bathrooms always a problem with cruise ships ( and hotels I meight add) , even more so with crusie ships because their are booked fully constantly. To fix the problems you mentioned there is no need for a dry dock- they could fix that in the daily routine. They have cabin attendants and the guy who helps them. The ones in charge of them should take their responsibility a bit more serious and check on cabins before passenger embark or inhabit the vessel. The reason for those problems is just sloopy maintenance! Not up to X ´ses standard I agree!

Archived