MDR Dress Code

Wolfy2123

For the casual nights in the dining room are nicer pants with short sleeve polo/golf shirts acceptable?

I tell you packing for a 12 night cruise is miserable!!!

ryan

Yes, so long as the pants are not shorts you are good to go.

You will be fine. Keep in mind also that you can send clothes out to be laundered (washed in HOT water and returned folded) or dry cleaned (on hangers). May be worth the extra $$ to pack less. Also, remember the rule of black. On my 7 day cruises I have brought just two pairs of dress black pants and I would be willing to bet another cruise that no one knew the difference (and that includes my DH and DS, traveling in the same room with me:D). I just switched tops (which I am also not afraid to wear twice). I am female, but the concept is the same. A black polo/golf shirt worn with nice khaki slacks is always a good look and no one will notice or care that you wear it more than once. Ditto for black slacks. Enjoy.

Or for me it's good every night. I have done the tux thing on our two previous cruises but I'm on holidays so casual is as good as it gets!

And that is perfectly acceptable on the entire ship except for formal nights in the Main Dining Room.

For the casual nights in the dining room are nicer pants with short sleeve polo/golf shirts acceptable?

I tell you packing for a 12 night cruise is miserable!!!

ryan

It might be helpful if you read Celebrity's suggested dress code and use it as your guide. I think you will find it very helpful. Enjoy your cruise.

:)

Foxjim1 have you ever sailed on Celebrity?

Looks like he maybe a Carnival crusier, it is his favourite cruise line in his profile.

Also, only two cruises in the signature, both Carnival.

Foxjim1: Your having seen shorts and jeans in the main dining room on formal night on Carnival may well be, but on Celebrity not so much.

Also, only two cruises in the signature, both Carnival.

Foxjim1: Your having seen shorts and jeans in the main dining room on formal night on Carnival may well be, but on Celebrity not so much.

What I don't understand is why someone would be wearing both shorts and jeans in the MDR, was it cold?:confused:

Archived