Fort Lauderdale Coin Laundry

Luv2CruiseOften

Some ships have a coin op laundry on board and most all of them have laundry service. You would probably have to take a cab to a laundromat and back as Port Everglades is huge so it might make more sense to have it done onboard.

Otherwise...# 1 on SE 17th St is the closest to the port.

http://www.yellowpages.com/fort-lauderdale-fl/coin-laundry

We are doing back to back cruises and would like to go to a nearby coin laundry between cruises. Any suggestions?

As indicated above, the cab fare alone to the closest laundromat would be about $25 roundtrip. Since you're doing a back to back out of Port Everglades the odds are against you being on a Carnival ship which would have a self-service laundry.

Are the two cruises more than 7 days each? You should be able to do 14 days of cruising on one large suitcase per person. I just did an 11 day transatlantic with just a carry-on bag.

We are going from the Holland America Eurodam to the Royal Princess - neither ship has self-service laundry. We will have our car parked at the port, so thought we could check out going to a coin laundry.

11 day in a carry on bag, I am impressed. Don't tell my husband.

Is the laundry you mentioned clean and in a safe area?

We are going from the Holland America Eurodam to the Royal Princess - neither ship has self-service laundry. We will have our car parked at the port, so thought we could check out going to a coin laundry.

11 day in a carry on bag, I am impressed. Don't tell my husband.

Is the laundry you mentioned clean and in a safe area?

After the 11 day transatlantic I did one night in Barcelona, three nights in Rome, then 7 days on an Eastern Med cruise and another night in Rome before flying back to Ft Lauderdale. Of course I did laundry while I was in Rome, but I still did all of it with a carry-on bag. It's really not that hard if you plan and coordinate.

Anyway...You'll have your car?

You didn't give us that little tidbit of information. You not only have transportation and storage to the laundromat, but you're set to do something fun as well.

Of course it's in a safe area in the Southport Shopping Center which is across 17th Street from the Harbor Shops.

https://plus.google.com/113851407117804428846/about?gl=us&hl=en

http://www.theharborshops.com/

We recently did a British Isles cruise in the Caribbean Princess and each floor had a coin operated laundry with washers, dryers and even ironing boards and irons in the laundry room. Was very convenient. Enjoy your travels.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We are doing back to back cruises and would like to go to a nearby coin laundry between cruises. Any suggestions?

If you do not have self service laundry facilities on either ship I did a google search and the closest one is:

Southport Coin Laundry at 1063 SE 17th St. ( 954-522-5107)

I would recommend calling them to confirm they are in business and hours of operation.

Keith

Archived