Digital postcards

Dayenu

On another forum somebody said, they sent free digital postcards from the ship without paying for Internet use, only using Google. And this service is available on Princess only.

Can you tell me more? What do I need for this? I tried to search this forum, it pulls up "digital" cameras. Do I need take a photo first?

No Googling involved. When you open the web browser (either on your device or in the ship's internet center) you will see the option for digital postcards before you log in. But know that every single one I sent to my friends--from three different ships over the last few years--ended up in their spam folders.

It's a great way to let those left behind at home know how you are doing. Just make sure you have their correct email addresses and let them know not to reply to the message. I let my friends and family know before hand to expect an electronic postcard from Princess while I'm on my cruise so they know to look for it.

You get to choose one of about eight pictures for your postcard. One has a picture of food. That's the one I usually select.

Jackie

We've sent these free e-cards from several cruises and they are a great idea. However, after our last cruise on the Ruby (TA) in April '13, I happened to check with a couple of friends to ask whether they had received their e-cards. They had not. Others confirmed that they had arrived fine. It seems that not all of them get delivered for some reason.:o

I don't think the electronic postcards work any more. I tried to send a few years ago and was told they had been discontinued.

If you find on a ship, send one to yourself, then you will know whether the system works or not.

• 1 month later...

The free e-card postcard was not working on the Golden Princess last weekend. The option was there but it would not load the entire first screen where you select your postcard picture. I was never able to send an electronic postcard. I hope they are not doing away with this. It was fun to use and great advertising of Princess for the recipients.

Jackie

If you send a postcard can people reply to the post card and send you a response?

No. When you send one, Princess doesn't ask for your email address and it gets sent from an address that will not accept replies. If you want a reply you will have to purchase Internet minutes and use your own email address.

Jackie

Archived