How to upgrade cabin?

torcruise

yep, go online, do a mock booking...but sometimes you may have better luck calling in directly to the cruiseline.

I just did this myself. I did mock booking online but had better luck calling in talking to a real person and moved up from a porthole on Riviera to a OV on Empress. It cost me $14. :D Better cabin, better location, better view...what a beautiful thing!!:p

I did a mock booking, saw there were a number of OV cabins available for same price I paid for my interior cabin. I called Carnival to see if we could do an even trade - took about ten minutes and we had a new cabin for no additional fee. We are sailing off season on a five day so more rooms available then on a peak season seven day cruise I would imagine.

I did a mock booking, saw there were a number of OV cabins available for same price I paid for my interior cabin. I called Carnival to see if we could do an even trade - took about ten minutes and we had a new cabin for no additional fee. We are sailing off season on a five day so more rooms available then on a peak season seven day cruise I would imagine.

Were you booked early saver? Curious because when we sailed on the Triumph earlier this year, we tried to upgrade from an interior to an oceanview and they would not let us - no matter the price difference (we were booked past guest). Turned out OK anyway because all the oceanview cabins flooded after the fire! LOL

I just call and inquire

But after reading this thread and others between mock booking and fare checking. No wonder why the site has issues its like a bot attack Cept the bots are real and looking to save cash

Are you saying there is something wrong by us checking fares?

That is the system Carnival set up and it should be set up for the volume of inquiries it gets

I don't remember if I booked as early saver. I just looked at our booking papers but it doesn't say. It was fine with me if we didn't get it but I figured it was worth the phone call. There are three of us, and while we were okay with a roll away cot, it will be much nicer in this outside room with a fold down bed instead.

The mock booking I did was just to find if there were any cabins available. I didn't put it on hold to tie up the cabin.

For my Feb. cruise I did a mock booking (but didn't hold the room) to find the cabin I wanted then called my PVP. Prices had been coming down so we moved from our aft balcony to a corner aft wrap for a small price. Fantastic cabin!

I just call and inquire ===> Difficult Stuff.

But after reading this thread and others between mock booking and fare checking...

No wonder why the site has issues!

- it's like a bot attack 'Cept the bots are real and looking to save cash

They don't understand

that they're almost running a denial-of-service attack on the website!

For my Feb. cruise I did a mock booking (but didn't hold the room) to find the cabin I wanted then called my PVP. Prices had been coming down so we moved from our aft balcony to a corner aft wrap for a small price. Fantastic cabin!

When we booked, the OV cabin I liked wasn't available. I did a mock booking after final payment and sure enough it was available. I contacted PVP and he moved us with no charge. Of course that meant reprinting our boarding papers and luggage tags!

When we booked, the OV cabin I liked wasn't available. I did a mock booking after final payment and sure enough it was available. I contacted PVP and he moved us with no charge. Of course that meant reprinting our boarding papers and luggage tags!

Thats why I dont print anything until about a week before the cruise. If cabins still left very often we will be moving

Archived