Jr. Suites on Explorer

NanaL

Are there any Jr.Suites we should stay away from on Explorer?

eg. obstructed or just bad locations. Any recommendations.

Balconies are interior of the metal superstructure on that ship. I would avoid 1312 and 1612. They are in a great location, but there is a pipe that runs down through the center of the balcony, so they split up the openings. From inside the room, it obstructs your view out because it is right in the middle.

Plus, 1312 is a connecting room and because of the location of the connecting door, there is no walk-in closet.

We originally had JS9618 booked and were wait-listed for JS9318.

Luckily 9318 opened up so we grabbed it.:D

I was concerned about being under the Royal Suite that has a grand piano and marble floors which could become an issue with noise.

Plus we like being mid-ship and on the hump for it's view both forward and aft.

And~~~~~I would never book a connecting cabin. Had one on the Explorer with two cranky crying little girls 24/7 and you could hear everything!! Especially their Moroccas at 2 AM:eek:

Guest maddycat
We originally had JS9618 booked and were wait-listed for JS9318.

Luckily 9318 opened up so we grabbed it.:D

I was concerned about being under the Royal Suite that has a grand piano and marble floors which could become an issue with noise.

Plus we like being mid-ship and on the hump for it's view both forward and aft.

And~~~~~I would never book a connecting cabin. Had one on the Explorer with two cranky crying little girls 24/7 and you could hear everything!! Especially their Moroccas at 2 AM:eek:

I always pack inexpensive, disposable ear plugs. Luckily we have never needed them.

i was in 9618 under a very noisy crowd once, ear plugs did NOT help...but one other time, we got that one as it was the only JS that opened up....and it was only noisy for 5 minutes the 1st day right after boarding...

so....it's kind of a guess, but as a rule, i will not pick 9618 again

Not sure if there are JS's on deck 6...if there are this deck has metal balconies so the view is not "see-through" when in a seated position on the balcony.

Just aft JS staterooms on deck 6, where there's also the superstructure in the view.

Can anyone comment on 9630 & 9634? I know our forward view will be obstructed by the hump. Anything else I should be aware of? Do you know if we still have the fabulous walk-in closet?

(these are connecting cabins, my kids will be in one and DH & I will be in the other.)

Can anyone comment on 9630 & 9634? I know our forward view will be obstructed by the hump. Anything else I should be aware of? Do you know if we still have the fabulous walk-in closet?

(these are connecting cabins, my kids will be in one and DH & I will be in the other.)

All JS staterooms on Explorer have walk-in closets.

Bob, I know of at least one that doesn't. It's 1312 as I reported earlier. The connecting door is where the closet would normally be. There may be some others affected the same way.

Bob, I know of at least one that doesn't. It's 1312 as I reported earlier. The connecting door is where the closet would normally be. There may be some others affected the same way.

Thanks Paul, I appreciate the info.:)

Deck 6 aft JS = not the greatest. There is a balcony then a 'restricted area' the size of a volleyball court extending after the balcony, then the ship railing/superstructure, then the ocean is somewhere past that. We aren't complaining... got a JS there as upgrade. But wouldn't choose these on my own.

The attached photos are from inside Jr. Suite 1312.

Thanks Aquahound for the info about the lack of walk-in closet. (I was wondering why that would be considered a walk-in closet when people talk about having them in a Jr. Suite. I now know it looked like a regular closet because it is one.) I just put the suitcase that didn't fit in the closet by the door to the adjoining Suite. The room is in a great location, but I could hear chairs being moved up on the pool deck. I would look at Deck 9 if I were to book a Jr. Suite on Explorer again.

The good news is this room does have a bathtub.

100_3358.jpg.57863dde614283dd21304a947172ece0.jpg

100_3362.jpg.be900224614d1fb5231b25b2e71f4eb7.jpg

Yeah!!!!

Booo!!!!!

I was/am soooo looking forward to the infamous walk-in closets in Explorer JS's. Sure hope my connected JS's have them.

Archived